“Trailer Time Thursday!” 1.19.12

January 19, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Casa de mi Padre. This latest trailer for “the biggest international motion picture of all time” showcases more of a Spanish-speaking Will Ferrell, more laughs, more action, and more epicness! Señor FeRRel invites you to his padre’s house on March 16, 2012!

The Lady. Michelle Yeoh and David Thewlis star in this “story of pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi and the academic and writer Michael Aris; a true story of love set against political turmoil.” –imdb. The story hits U.S. theaters in limited release on February 17, 2012.

Detachment. Looking to be one of Adrien Brody’s finest performances, this film focuses on a substitute teacher and his focus on helping the kids but being faced with the fact that perhaps he himself needs help too. Co-starring Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Lucy Liu, James Caan, Doug E. Doug, Marcia Gay Harden, and more, Detachment receives a limited U.S. release on March 16, 2012.

The Woman In The Fifth. Ethan Hawke is a troubled writer with family problems, work problems, and extramarital problems that get compounded with legal problems as his tale unfolds. This thriller is set to begin soon with a release in the UK on February 17.

Resident Evil: Retribution. This teaser trailer JUST LAUNCHED. Get ready for the next installment with promise of being much better than 2010’s Afterlife. Milla Jovavich reprises her role as Alice in this upcoming installment that launches in theaters on September 14, 2012.

Moonrise Kingdom. This film, brought to you by Wes Anderson (Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic ), looks to be delightful and full of fun adventure and music! Impressed by the look and feel of it along with the cast! (It stars Ed Norton, Bruce Willis, Tilda Swinton, Bill Murray, and many more! Look for this one in May 2012! What do you think?

Man on a Ledge. In theaters January 27th, Man on a Ledge features a man…on a ledge…hoping to prove his innocence of a crime he is alleged of doing. Hoping to prove the guilt of another man…all the while attempting to commit one of the biggest diamond thefts. Starring Sam Worthington, Ed Harris, Jamie Bell, Elizabeth Banks, and several other recognizable actors, get ready to check out this one later this month.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

The Grey – Behind the scenes

The Grey, starring Liam Neeson, is scheduled for release on January 27th! Are you interested in seeing it? Looks to be pretty intense! In the meantime, check out this behind the scenes video of production of this upcoming thriller. Directed by Joe Carnahan (who directed A-Team, Smokin’ Aces, and Narc), The Grey definitely has my attention! Enjoy!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Moonrise Kingdom, Casa de mi Padre, and Man on a Ledge . Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters??!! Here’s what releases this weekend, January 20, 2012:

***Don’t forget: THE RED WEB AWARD Polls are live right now thru Sunday. Be sure to visit, vote, comment, and share the polls! (The RED WEB AWARDS are my special version of the Golden Globes, and YOU get to participate!)

Click the Picture and GO VOTE!

1. January 19, 2012 9:10 am

I did not realise they were doing another Resident Evil. Well, I shouldn’t be too shocked. It’s one of those movie franchises which doesn’t seem to die.

Out of that lot I think Detachment really catches me eye – such a good ensemble cast!

I’m intrigued about Man on a Ledge – I have a feeling I’ll end up seeing it. I’m a sucker for easy viewing action films. Oh and Jamie Bell.

The Grey… I’m just not sure about! I buy Liam Neeson, but there’s something I just can’t bring myself to think, “YEP, I’ll be seeing that in the cinema!”

• January 20, 2012 8:41 am

I don’t think Resident Evil franchise will be disappearing anytime soon. I think they have at least one more planned after this one. As long as they are better than the 4th one, I’ll be okay with it.

Detachment really looks good and, while I am not a Brody fan, I might be seeing this one!

The Grey’s been getting some pretty dynamite reviews! You may have to add it to your list of 2012 views! 🙂

2. January 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Interesting, I really like Moonrise Kingdom and I was pleasantly surprised by Detachment, looks very good! Thanks for the new trailers!

• January 20, 2012 8:41 am

Diana! Thanks for stopping in today!

Both of those have my attention too! Moonrise Kingdom especially has that sense of delightful quirkiness. I can’t wait to check it out!

3. January 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Casa de mi Padre looks really fun, definitely one to watch on date night!

I hadn’t heard of Moonrise Kingdom before the trailer hit the web. I really, really like the look of it. Will put its release date in my diary 🙂

Oh and The Grey looks fantastic though I’m a bit bored of the Man on a Ledge trailer, it’s been on everytime I’ve gone to the cinema recently!

• January 20, 2012 8:42 am

Casa will be fun. I think you’re right: a date night movie!

Doesn’t Moonrise Kingdom look fantastic?!

4. January 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Moonrise Kingdom looks like it could be fun… lot of big name people in that, and it seems like a very quirky plot.

• January 20, 2012 8:42 am

I agree with you, and it seems that most commenters today do to! Thanks for visiting on “Triple-T”

5. January 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Looking forward most to Moonrise Kingdom. It looks like such a whimsical and fun movie with a great cast. Detachment might also be worth keeping an eye on. Adrien Brody is always capable of an incredible performance now and then.

• January 20, 2012 8:43 am

You pretty much summed up my thoughts! Like Claire, I didn’t know about Moonrise Kingdom until I saw the trailer! Gladly looking forward to it!

6. January 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I oughta start tracking how many times I see new trailers here. Always amazed. Always.

This week it’s “Detachment” looks really good, I have to say.

“Moonrise Kingdom” does, indeed, look awesome. Wes Anderson fans, get psyched up!

And I remember leaving a comment when you first showed the Casa de mi Padre teaser that the teaser just showed Will Ferrell speaking spanish and nothing else. This has more… but not too much more. Hope its good. I dunno.

• January 20, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks Fogs’! That’s always a great thing to know! Glad you can see new ones here! Thanks!

It seems that Detachment and Moonrise Kingdom are the top 2 winners of the week!

ha! and I look forward to Casa being just fun…nothing more than fun!

7. January 19, 2012 7:14 pm

All of these are more of a rental for me. Moonrise Kingdom does look like freakish fun, especially with that cast. Kristin Scott Thomas in The Woman In The Fifth just seems like a performance I’ve seen her do so many times before.

• January 20, 2012 8:47 am

Moonrise Kingdom looks amazing! Can’t wait. Wes Anderson is calling to me to watch his film! 🙂

8. January 20, 2012 2:58 am

I know every one is giving it up for Moonrise but my fave of the bunch is Detatchment!! Looks a good film!

• January 20, 2012 8:47 am

You know, Detachment looks fantastic too! I’m not a Adrien Brody fan, but this cast, the story, the style…everything screams to me to give it a chance! Do you know if you all in the UK will be getting it any earlier than us here in the US?

9. January 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Three of those trailers really got my attention those being Moonrise Kingdom, The Grey ( I like how he goes all wolverine with the nips bottles) and how can I pass up seeing Casa De mi Padre?

• January 21, 2012 7:56 am

haha! The Grey has been getting a lot of good reviews lately. I look forward to seeing it.

and Casa de mi Padre just looks fun! 🙂

10. January 21, 2012 12:55 am

Casa De mi Padre looks so funny… even though it has the makings of a big disappointment, I have to see it!

Man a Ledge is my most anticipated film of… January 😉

• January 21, 2012 7:58 am

Most anticipated of January, huh? wow! wouldn’t have guessed! I am looking forward to it. I don’t hold high expectations for any film in the first 2-3 months of the year!