“And the Red Web Award Goes To…”

January 24, 2012

Welcome to the 2nd Annual Red Web Awards Ceremony!

-Presented by Red Web Productions

T. Faulkner (The Focused Filmographer) reporting to you LIVE from the red carpet:

All of the films of 2011, all of the movie-watching, all of the nominations, all of the voting, and all of the blood, sweat, and tears in Hollywood have led up to this glorious moment! Arriving on the red carpet in full glitz and glamour are all of the members of cinematic royalty! Oh wow! Everyone looks absolutely stunning!

(none of this year's RWA nominees!)

Please join me in a warm welcome for your host of this year’s Red Web Award Ceremony:

The one and only, Stan Lee!

..and without further ado, on to the awards!

Last week, the RWAs launched with the nominees in 6 different categories! (click HERE to see the nomination post). You all placed your votes and the results are in! <drumroll please>

Stan, would you please read the winners!

In the category of 2011’s WORST Motion Picture, the Red Web Award Goes To…Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star.

Click Picture to see overall results

In the category of 2011’s Best Animated Feature, the Red Web Award Goes To…Rango.

Click Picture to see overall results

In the category of 2011′s Best Performance by ANY Actor, the Red Web Award Goes To…Michael Fassbender (Shame).

Click Picture to see overall results

In the category of 2011’s Best Performance by ANY Actress, the Red Web Award Goes To…Rooney Mara (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo).

Click Picture to see overall results

In the category of 2011’s Best Director of a Motion Picture, the Red Web Award Goes To…Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive).

Click Picture to see overall results

In the category of 2011’s Best Motion Picture, the Red Web Award Goes To…Drive.

Click Picture to see overall results

This year’s members of the “Solo Voto” club:

• The Muppets
  • Jonah Hill (Moneyball)
  • Cars 2
  • Steve McQueen (Shame)
  • Amanda Seyfried (In Time)

Honorable Mentions (not in the polls):

• Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Meryl Streep
  • Best Picture: Rise of the Planet of the Apes; Hugo
  • Worst Picture: I Am Number Four

Did your favorite nominee win?

I’d like to thank Stan Lee, and all of YOU who helped make this year’s 2nd Annual Red Web Awards such a major success! Those of you who voted; who shared the polls on Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, etc.; and special bit of gratitude to all of this year’s panel judges.

Thank you!

Until next year’s annual Red Web Awards, this is T. Faulkner!

The Focused Filmographer

Today, the 84th Academy Award nominations were announced. Click here to see them and my thoughts!

1. January 24, 2012 8:37 am

Okay. Guess I have to watch “Moneyball” to see what all the hooplah about Jonah Hill is all about. After ‘Babysitters’ movie.–meh. Rooney Mara–okay. I truly like the RWA selections much better. Redemption!

• January 24, 2012 9:04 am

You might want to give Moneyball a shot. I’m not a big baseball movie fan, but this one was really good! fantastic!

So glad that you enjoyed the RWAs much better than the Academy Awards. Thanks! 🙂

• January 24, 2012 10:32 pm

I liked Moneyball but didn’t think it was special in any way. I need to see it again I guess but as of now, I think it’s wildly overrated. Brad Pitt gives a much better performance in The Tree of Life and Jonah Hill, while solid, really doesn’t do much of anything in the movie.

• January 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Curious that so many still find Moneyball nothing special. I thought it was great. I’m not a baseball movie fan, yet still found it to be great. Glad that Jonah Hill got his nod. hope it leads to better roles for him.

2. SilkSpectre permalink
    January 24, 2012 8:42 am

Haven’t seen Shame , but Michael fassbender is amazing, so I’m ok with him winning.

• January 24, 2012 9:03 am

He is amazing! SilkSpectre, thank you very much for your help in the RWAs this year! Congrats to Fassbender

3. January 24, 2012 8:45 am

I’m happy to see a couple of my nominees walking away with Red Web awards. Although I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who nominated them.

Bucky Larson is uniquely deservant. smh

Yeah for “Drive”, this takes a bit of sting out of the Oscar blanking.

• January 24, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks for being a part of this year’s RWA’s, Fogs’! And congrats to you on some of your nominees winning the prestigious award!

4. January 24, 2012 8:45 am

Stan is hosting? For sure I’ll be watching! 😀 Oooh look at that dashing Fassy there, too bad he’s snubbed at the Oscars. Shame is not my cup of tea but from what I heard his performance is such a tour de force.

• January 24, 2012 9:02 am

It took a little bit of string-pulling, but I was able to book Stan Lee! Woohoo! Negotiations finalized just 2 days ago, which is why I couldn’t officially announce it last week when we were still in talks! 🙂

I haven’t seen Shame either, but I am glad to see Fassbender win the prestigious RWA!

Thanks for being on the panel this year again Ruth!

• January 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Well maybe they should get Stan to host Golden Globes next year. Then I wouldn’t mind watching that 😀 Fun post T!

• January 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Stan would be an amazing host for the Golden Globes. Thanks for all of your help with the nominees. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

5. January 24, 2012 11:41 am

I think I am missing something about Rooney Mara’s performance. As I have said, I really liked this version, but I just have not elevated her performance in my mind at least as one of the best of the year.

I will be catching Moneyball sooner rather than later – have a write-up for the LAMB coming soon.

• January 24, 2012 5:23 pm

I actually haven’t watched it, myself, but she is receiving tons of accolades for it.

Please send me the link for your LAMB write up. I’d love to read it when it posts. (I’m actually not on the LAMB yet)

6. January 24, 2012 11:42 am

All of my favorites won awards! And all of those same favorites were snubbed by the Academy!

I think I’m just going to watch the Red Web awards and skip the Oscars from now on.

• January 24, 2012 5:23 pm

🙂

an awesome comment. Thank you very much! Always enjoy the Red Web Awards each year. Thank you for participating!

7. January 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Props to the Red Web Awards for rewarding Michael Fassbender for his excellent work in Shame. That makes you more credible than the Academy!

• January 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks for participating in this year’s RWA’s Castor. Glad that the end results pleased you. WOW! what a compliment: “more credible than the Academy!”

Thanks!

8. January 24, 2012 11:25 pm

I have to agree that this awards process was much better than the Academy. Love the recognition for Drive, Fassbender and Refn. Nice work everyone!

• January 25, 2012 1:04 pm

wow. thank you very much. glad you were able to participate in this year’s RWAs Eric. And thank you for sharing it online. It was so much fun.

9. January 25, 2012 12:23 am

They might not be all the ones I have voted for, but can understand why they won.

• January 25, 2012 1:04 pm

🙂 so glad you voted. Thanks for being a part of this year’s RWAs.

10. Matt Stewart permalink
    January 25, 2012 12:36 am

Ah, I am watching Moneyball today or tomorrow 😀

Well my movies and actors that I was rooting for didn’t have much success, but at least Rango won! Thanks very much Mr. T for asking me to be a judge!

• January 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Will look forward to your thoughts on Moneyball, my friend.

Thank you very much for being a part of the RWAs. I know that you were looking forward to it for several months and I am glad you were a part of the judge panel.

11. January 25, 2012 2:32 am

(Much better than the Academy Award Noms… grumble grumble)

HEHE thanks again for letting me take part matey

• January 25, 2012 1:08 pm

I am humbled Scott. Thank you for the kind compliment. the Academy Awards tended to disappoint in several areas.

thank YOU for your support and being a part of the Red Web Awards panel. A lot of fun indeed.

12. January 25, 2012 5:48 am

Great to see Drive get the top awards. Why oh why has it been almost completely ignored by the Academy?!

• January 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Because no one on the Academy visited the RWAs! 🙂

Thanks for voting and being a part of the Red Web Awards this year, Dan.

• January 26, 2012 5:31 am

I’m equally surprised by the uninterest for Drive over at the Academy. Whats up with them and Gosling by the way. It was the same thing with Blue Valentine!

• January 26, 2012 8:03 am

Yes, Gosling seems to get snubbed an awful lot lately for his meaningful performances. And that’s a shame. The Golden Globes only gave him a nod for Crazy Stupid Love and not Drive? And completely ignored him for the Oscars? what was up with that?

At least he’s in good company with Michael Fassbender.

13. January 25, 2012 2:19 pm

These are all very worthy winners, spot on Mr Focused Filmographer!

I finally watched Rango over the weekend and I LOVED it. I’m surprised it was rated PG, though, I won’t let my kids see it until they are teenagers! 😛

Roll on the 3rd Red Web Awards!

• January 26, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks for participating in this year’s Red Web Awards!! Man it was a lot of fun, and I am glad for all the winners!

Ooh, I’m excited that you loved Rango! Me too. You’re right about the rating…I felt the exact way.

Next year will be here before you know it. 🙂

14. January 26, 2012 2:46 am

These are the films and people I want to be winning awards 😀 Everyone who voted has got great taste!

• January 26, 2012 7:59 am

glad that you were able to be a part of this year’s RWAs. It was so much fun and I am quite pleased with the overall results. It’s too bad the Academy doesn’t consider more of the people’s choice, but ultimately, it doesn’t really matter I suppose. ha

15. January 31, 2012 12:33 pm

I don’t know how I missed this a week ago. Thrilled to see Drive, Refn, Mara, and Rango walk away winners. Still really want to see Shame.

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 84 « The Focused Filmographer
  2. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday 83!”: The RED WEB AWARDS « The Focused Filmographer