Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
After a pause from our normal segment (Last week we featured the results of the illustrious RED WEB AWARDS!), today “Time to Vote Tuesday” returns!
In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Act Your Age!” focuses on performances by actors and actresses portraying a character older or younger than themselves!
Several movies, in fact, feature actors in roles that require them to act older (or younger) than they actually are. Some work well, and some work VERY well. For example, did you know:
- Olivia Newton John was 30 when she played 17 year old senior Sandy in Grease!
- Alan Rickman was 65 when he played a 39 year old Snape in Harry Potter!
- Audrey Hepburn was 32 when she played an 18 year old in Breakfast at Tiffany’s!
- Michael J. Fox was 30 when he played a 17 year old Marty in Back to the Future 3!
- Rachel McAdams was 27 when she played a 17 year old Mean Girl!
- Will Smith was 38 when he played ~50 year old Chris Gardner in Pursuit of Happyness!
Interesting to realize some of the age differences between the actors and the characters they portray! Didn’t like the choices? Vote for “OTHER” and leave a comment sharing your pick!
Place your votes and share the poll! It closes on 2-7-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
***Little FYI: Today is January 31…and January brought you at least 1 post everyday of the month! (Accomplished a small goal of mine. HEY, I’m pumped! 34 posts for you to read and enjoy in 31 days! -check out the calender in the right hand margin.)
Thanks for reading. 🙂