It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 84

January 31, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

After a pause from our normal segment (Last week we featured the results of the illustrious RED WEB AWARDS!), today “Time to Vote Tuesday” returns!

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Act Your Age!” focuses on performances by actors and actresses portraying a character older or younger than themselves!

Several movies, in fact, feature actors in roles that require them to act older (or younger) than they actually are. Some work well, and some work VERY well. For example, did you know:

• Olivia Newton John was 30 when she played 17 year old senior Sandy in Grease!
  • Alan Rickman was 65 when he played a 39 year old Snape in Harry Potter!
  • Audrey Hepburn was 32 when she played an 18 year old in Breakfast at Tiffany’s!
  • Michael J. Fox was 30 when he played a 17 year old Marty in Back to the Future 3!
  • Rachel McAdams was 27 when she played a 17 year old Mean Girl!
  • Will Smith was 38 when he played ~50 year old Chris Gardner in Pursuit of Happyness!

Today, from the options presented, I ask you to pick…

Interesting to realize some of the age differences between the actors and the characters they portray! Didn’t like the choices? Vote for “OTHER” and leave a comment sharing your pick!

Place your votes and share the poll! It closes on 2-7-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

**Don’t forget! For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

***Little FYI: Today is January 31…and January brought you at least 1 post everyday of the month! (Accomplished a small goal of mine. HEY, I’m pumped! 34 posts for you to read and enjoy in 31 days! -check out the calender in the right hand margin.)

Thanks for reading. 🙂

1. January 31, 2012 9:29 am

I definitely go with Michael J fox!!! when I first saw the movie, I couldn’t believe he was 30 back then.

Ps. Thanks for the RSS T 🙂

• January 31, 2012 10:10 am

Nice choice my friend!

Glad it works! You are most welcome.

2. January 31, 2012 11:06 am

I agree with Novroz; Michael J. Fox was really convincing as a teenager… hell, if it weren’t for the Parkinson’s, he’d still be pretty convincing.

Hanks I don’t think really counts, though. Great role, but he was basically playing the Tom-Hanks-aged version of the character. 😛

• January 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Fox is a great actor!

I’d argue that Hanks still counts, only because he was playing a younger-aged person in an older person’s body. I’d say that counts! ha 🙂 thanks for voting and commenting today.

• February 2, 2012 6:05 am

even with Parkinson,he still looks younger than his age.I saw his interview in Oprah once and the man does not age

• February 2, 2012 10:44 am

You’re right! He still looks great!

3. January 31, 2012 12:37 pm

For actress, Alison Lohman in Matchstick Men. At 25 or 26, she played a perfect fourteen year old.

• January 31, 2012 2:23 pm

I forgot about Alison Lohman. Man, that is a good call. I enjoyed Matchstick Men. Thanks for voting today.

4. January 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Whaaaaat, Olivia Newton John was 30 when she played Sandy? Crikey!

I’ve gone for Brad Pitt because – and I might be in the minority – I really enjoyed Benjamin Button and thought he did a great job.

Rachel McAdams has my vote as well because I thought she was great fun in Mean Girls 😀

• January 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Crazy, right? Wow!

Brad Pitt…nice choice.

Glad you could vote today. 🙂

5. Meccadawn permalink
    January 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Daniel radcliffe in hp seven part two that is the vote for the other

• January 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Nice choice in Harry Potter Meccadawn! Thanks for voting and chiming in today.

6. January 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Gotta go and give Alan Rickman some love because he didn’t get any recognition for his work as Snape! And naturally, Rachel McAdams was ridiculously awesome as Regina George, she owned that movie!

• February 1, 2012 9:27 am

I knew you’d love the Rachel McAdams inclusion, Castor. Did it just for you! ha

7. February 1, 2012 12:23 am

Alan Rickman and Brad Pitt for me (although Pitt was digitally altered to make him look younger). Never was convinced by the age of the characters in Grease (I’ll have to admit I’m not the biggest fan of the movie)

• February 1, 2012 9:28 am

Didn’t know you didn’t like Grease! ha…don’t worry, I’m not the biggest fan of it either and haven’t finished it all the way. Everytime I try I get bored and go on to my Xbox or something.

8. February 1, 2012 9:11 am

It’s another Michael J. Fox vote from me! He still looks a heck of a lot younger than his age!

• February 1, 2012 9:29 am

Michael J. Fox!! Yes! You know, he really looks like a teenager in BTTF! good choice.

9. February 1, 2012 9:20 am

Rickman certainly can pass for being 39 though I thought Snape was at least in mid 40s! That’s darn good makeup I tell you, and that VOICE is ageless! 🙂

I didn’t know Hepburn’s character in ‘Tiffany’s’ supposed to be 18, but yeah, I think she can pass for that with her youthful looks and figure.

Fun poll idea, T!

• February 1, 2012 9:31 am

Rickman is scoring the votes right now! It seems it’ll come down to the wire between he and Marty McFly!

10. February 2, 2012 1:33 pm

Rickman, Fox, Hepburn and Newton-John for me. Coincidentally, they are all leading! 😀

• February 3, 2012 11:09 pm

Hahaha. Nice choices. Thanks for voting. Rickman is a solid choice!

11. Kal-El permalink
    February 3, 2012 9:39 pm

Micheal J easily gets my vote for the guys. Racheal “Love-her” McAdams gets my vote considering I never would have guessed she was 27. My other two votes go to Rickman and write vote for Stacey “OMG-she-is-fine” Dash from Clueless.

• February 3, 2012 11:24 pm

Ha! Fun. Thanks for voting. Castor is def a fan of McAdams winning this poll too!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 85 « The Focused Filmographer