“Trailer Time Thursday!” 2.9.12

February 9, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

The Bourne Legacy. Jeremy Renner (NOT Matt Damon) stars as Aaron Cross (NOT Jason Bourne) in this highly anticipated thriller of a continuation of the series. Co-starring Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, and several others, the legacy begins on August 3, 2012.

Premium Rush. 2012 is starting to shape up to be the year of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. So many projects including his own directorial debut release or begin filming this year. I like the look of this upcoming bike messenger film based in New York City. The rush is set to start on August 24, 2012. This trailer has been on Triple-T before, but I like it…so, enjoy it again!

The Hunger Games. This second trailer gives a little bit more to look and expect from March’s upcoming film. The Hunger Games is gaining more buzz as it’s release gets closer. Starring Michelle Williams, Elizabeth Banks, and many more, watch out for this one on March 23, 2012.

John Carter. Another March release with a lot of positive buzz, John Carter takes us on an alien adventure and fight for survival. Disney looks for another solid win with this upcoming thriller full of action, excitement, and more. Starring Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins and Willem Dafoe, look for it in theaters on March 9, 2012.

The Hidden Face. This Spanish film focuses on a young orchestra conductor and his dealing with the disappearance of his girlfriend…only, did she disappear. A rather interesting twist in this trailer that got my attention. The tone of this story of mistrust and love looks captivating and leaves a message to those that would test their boyfriends: Don’t do it! Tell me your thoughts on this one in the comment section.

The Avengers. No intro needed. SO super excited for this one for many reasons! Check out this EXTENDED version of the trailer from the Superbowl. (May 4, 2012 can’t come soon enough!)

*for 67 screenshot stills from the trailer, be sure to check out GeekTyrant’s post featuring The Avengers HERE.

The Amazing Spider-man. This newly released trailer for this film gives an even better look at this superhero film that I am overly excited about and anticipating. So many nay-sayers of this “would-be reboot” are now silencing their criticisms and jumping on the bandwagon after seeing this trailer. All I gotta say is, you better jump on board this train before July 3, 2012! Enjoy

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Let the Bullets Fly

Already released in China and with an expected limited release in the U.S. on March 2, 2012, Let the Bullets Fly stars Yun-Fat Chow in this high action thriller set in 1920’s China. Opposing sects face off in a battle of wits and bullets in this award-winning bandit film. Check out the trailer below. Share your thoughts.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: The Hidden Face, The Avengers, and The Amazing Spiderman . Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, February 10, 2012:

• Wide Release: Safe House, The Vow, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, and Star Wars Episode I 3D re-release.
  • Limited Release: Rampart, Perfect Sense, In Darkness, The Turin Horse, Chico & Rita, and Return.

up next: Reviews for Safe House and We Bought a Zoo.

1. February 9, 2012 8:43 am

Avengers looks amazing and I am intrigued by Spiderman, I love Garfield and Stone! I will not see John Carter even if you beg me, it looks bad, it’s too much! Thanks for the recap!

• February 10, 2012 8:31 am

Hooray. Glad you’re a fan of the superhero flicks!!! Can’t wait!

Thanks for stopping in on Triple-T

2. February 9, 2012 11:11 am

The hidden Face looks promising, in typical Spanish fashion. What I would like to see is if she is still alive trying to get out, that causes the “ghostly” interference throughout the house, or if in fact they throw in a bit of a supernatural punishment towards the bf for not passing the test.

• February 10, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks for commenting on Triple-T today. I am curious about The Hidden Face myself, if only to see what happens to the girlfriend who locked herself away to teach her bf a lesson. (?)

3. February 9, 2012 6:57 pm

Too many good trailers this week. My favorites were Spider-man and Bourne Legacy. I’ll have to take a look at some of the other ones as well. Thanks as always T

• February 10, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks for checking ’em out today. Man, so many to look forward to!

4. February 9, 2012 8:24 pm

I’m excited for Avengers and Spidey of course, cool that both are released in the same week! I’m still so-so about Bourne though I gotta admit the trailer is pretty darn cool.

• February 10, 2012 8:26 am

Can’t wait for the two you mentioned either! woohoo!

5. February 9, 2012 8:54 pm

Wasn’t really interested in seeing them try to continue Bourne franchise post-Bourne, and that trailer’s not really convincing me otherwise. The Hunger Games is looking more interesting the more I see of it. Premium Rush looks like it might be interesting, though it looks similar to a minor Kevin Bacon flick called Quicksilver.

John Carter I’m unsure about. I want it to be good — as some of the earliest fiction to really blend sci-fi and adventure heroes, the John Carter of Mars stories deserve a big successful film treatment. I’m just not sure that it’s getting that, and it’s likely to be a hard sell to today’s audience (and I fully expect there will be a lot of ignorant people calling it an Avatar rip-off.)

Avengers I’ve been looking forward to for a while, but the trailers have just been “isn’t this cool?” so far. Yes, it is. But that’s not really selling me on anything new. Amazing Spider-Man… well, it’s mostly trying to do the same thing, only I’ve had mixed feelings on it from the beginning. Don’t know Garfield from Adam, but he doesn’t look the part to me, and so far the previews have not been winning me over. But I suspect I’ll have to see this one in action in order to really know how I stand on it. It is nice, though, that they’re actually paying a little more heed to earlier Spider-Man stories rather than jumping directly to the Green Goblin, or jumping directly to MJ (the first movie doing both was kind of silly, since a large part of why the Green Goblin was the Spider-Man villain is inextricably tied to the era before Peter started dating MJ.)

Can’t get past how massively stupid the girlfriend has to be The Hidden Face to create that situation to begin with….

• February 10, 2012 8:27 am

The Hidden Face plot pretty much says “Girls, don’t try to test your men…just ASK. Bad things can happen when you snoop…like getting locked in a closet.” haha

I want to watch it to see what happens to her.

6. February 9, 2012 10:15 pm

I can tell you straight away, that I ‘will not’ nor am interested in ‘John Carter.’ I mean, a Disney made sci-fi? It sounds too clean for me 🙂 But I am absolutely interested in ‘The Avengers.’ Love Robert Downey Jr., and Spider-Man. Now you know I love foreign films and ‘The Hidden Face’ looks like something I would enjoy. You know, I just thought of something, the other day, my aunt was watching something called “The Hidden” with Kyle MacLachlan? I know that was completely random, but I would be interested in something like that.

• February 9, 2012 10:16 pm

Interested in a remake of ‘The Hidden’ I mean 🙂

• February 10, 2012 8:28 am

John Carter seems to be the one up in the air for a lot of people. Some really are looking forward to it while others could care less.

I’ve never heard of “The Hidden.” Is it good? (I like random!)

7. February 9, 2012 11:04 pm

So are you back from the Big Apple Terrence? 🙂

The Bourne Legacy looks promising and it seems like Renner is a great fit to replace Matt Damon. I don’t know about John Carter though, I want it to be good but it seems a bit too generic from the trailer, time will tell.

• February 9, 2012 11:25 pm

I am indeed my friend! and I already miss the Big Apple! but having fun still.

I am with you on John Carter. I’m not sold on it yet, but it will be entertaining to say the least. Yep. Time will tell.

• February 9, 2012 11:50 pm

That’s kind of my concern about John Carter right there — not that it’ll be too generic, but that the audience might think it is. The stories it’s based on are basically the ones that all such movies are drawing from — it’s generic in precisely the way that The Lord of the Rings is. But since Barsoom is more obscure than LOTR (partly due to being older) people might not give it the same credit.

Of course, I’m also concerned that the movie may simply not be good enough. And unfortunately, if it fails, I can’t really see anybody ever trying to do a better version — if it fails with the Disney hype machine behind it, who else would take the risk?

8. February 13, 2012 6:14 am

The Bourne Legacy trailer feels like a bit of a let down. I think Renner’s great and he’ll do a decent job. But it felt and looked like your generic action/spy film. Whereas the previous Bourne films had their own very specific style. Who knows, I could be eating my words once I’ve seen it. Like that the supporting cast are still around.

Premium Rush – more excited than I should be due to a stupid amount of love for JGL and anything he does. Looks like a good film to me!

John Carter looks like it’s the kid in the classroom who’s trying too hard to be cool. Guess Disney are really after a franchise to fill POTC’s boots.

• February 13, 2012 7:21 pm