My pal Nostra, over at MyFilmViews.Com created a fun blogathon event with 7 fun movie-related questions to answer. Below are my answers to the questions he asked. Be sure to visit his page HERE to see his and many others’ imaginative answers as well. (And should you feel so inclined, answer the questions yourself!)
1. Which movie would you find in your own Pulp Fiction briefcase?
I would want to see the film Eye for an Eye that I wrote for the first Hollywood Fantasy Draft Movie Pitch hosted by Anomalous Material. With an all-star cast, including Kate Beckinsale, Aaron Eckhart, Lily Collins, and more, I would prefer to see that in my briefcase.
Directed by Ridley Scott, An Eye for An Eye features the Saunders family. Specifically Earl Saunders, deeply rooted in the NYC world of the criminally-minded, seeks a type of redemption from his estranged daughter as he fights to keep all that he’s attained safe, specifically his family. But victory in fights come only after hardships
You can check out the movie pitch here. However, the ending needs to be rewritten, and I would make sure that would take place prior to selling the film to distributors!
2. If you had a Back to the Future DeLorean, which movie related time period would you travel?
I’d choose to travel forward actually. While I love history and there are tons of great films based in numerous settings, I’d prefer to travel to the future. To unknown adventure. Take me to the period of Star Trek, being able to see the beginning of the U.S.S. Enterprise crew with knowledge of what could still yet be (Warp Factor 9, The Borg, Replicators, etc)! And perhaps that green girl and I could go on a “star-date!” haha
3. If you woke up tomorrow morning and found out that you were living your own Groundhog Day and could only escape it by watching all the movies from a specific genre, which genre would you choose and why? And which genre would be your personal hell?
Action/Adventure. Yes, I can watch tons of different genres, but if I could only watch one forever, it has to be Action/Adventure. This means superheroes, spies, buddy-cops, heists, and more. Yes. Give me action/adventure!
4. You have the Neuralyzer from Men in Black in your pocket. Which movie would you travel into to use it on one of the characters to change the movie in a fun or interesting way and what would happen because of the change you made?
I would go directly to Han Solo BEFORE The Empire Strikes Back and make him forget the moment he ever met Lando Calrissian, and thus prevent the betrayal that eventually led to Solo’s carbonite freezing. But, of course, then Han would never get to expand his vocabulary while expressing his anger at Lando for the double-cross:
“Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler.”
…and perhaps we’d never get to see Jabba the Hut and slave-girl Leia. hmm, okay, nevermind. Keep the betrayal. It works! 😀 hahaha
Hear Billy Dee Williams’ justification for Han Solo’s betrayal:
5. If you would be able to enter the dreams of a famous movie character like Cobb did in Inception using the dream machine, which character’s dreams would you jump into to get to know that character better and what do you think their dreamworld would look like?
I would enter the dreams of Wolverine, as an invisible bystander, just to watch what the film X-Men Origins: Wolverine SHOULD have been like. I imagine it to be very much like the “Danger Room” from the comics or the animated X-Men series. Full of action, explosions, Sentinels, fighting, mutant powers, and pure adrenaline. I’ll tell you one thing, the special effects in the dreamworld would far exceed those of the movies. That’s for sure!!
6. Lacuna Inc, the company from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind just opened on the corner of your street. Which one movie memory would you delete to experience it for the first time again?
I would delete “The Others” from my memory to experience it for the first time again. I remember when I saw the film and the way in which it teased along the way to the shocking ending. Replay value is rather low as it can only really be enjoyed to catch what you missed the first time or to watch it with other first-time viewers to see their reaction to this rather well-done scary PG13 fright film.
7. Right next to Lacuna Inc, another company Rekall from Total Recall has opened as well. Which character in which movie would you like to be to experience it in first person?
This is easy. I’d be James Bond. Cool gadgets, amazing cars, beautiful women, great suits, worldwide travel and adventure, top-secret clearance, oh, and did I already mention the cars. Aston Martin, baby! Fully Locked and Loaded, literally! 🙂
haha! What fun! Did you enjoy my answers? What would YOUR answers be? Leave a comment and let me know. Better yet, answer all 7 questions and share them at the blogathon’s main page. Thank you, Nostra for hosting the fun blogathon event.
–T, The Focused Filmographer