It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 87

February 21, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, The Sidekick Comics has now closed. Click HERE to visit and see which animated sidekicks you voted as your favorites.

Thank you to everyone that voted in last week’s polls and made it fun with your comments!

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Sporty Stories”, takes a little glance at sport-related films. Do you like sports movies? When compared to actual sporting events, do you find them to be disappointing? I like sports movies myself, but I began to ask myself: “Which sports do I like more in movies?” and, “Do I like sports movies for the sports in them more than for the drama in them?”

Hmm.

So:

Today I ask you…

Place your votes. Leave a comment. If you had to choose the TOP SPORTS MOVIE OF ALL TIME, which would it be?

The poll closes on 2-28-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. February 21, 2012 9:12 am

I’ve gone for Boxing only. I was trying to decide between the others, but couldn’t think of more than one film I could say I really liked. So, decided to stay safe. And probably mess up your poll 😉

• February 21, 2012 9:35 am

I was wondering why it was all messed up. I voted, and then I was like… wait! This is all messed up!

• February 21, 2012 9:51 am

hahahaha. Only Fogs’!! 😀

• February 21, 2012 9:49 am

Jaina, you didn’t mess up the poll! haha. No way possible to do that! Thanks for voting. I actually wasn’t sure if boxing would receive any votes and instead it got the first one!

2. February 21, 2012 9:49 am

I would say Hockey could be in its own category! Miracle, Slap Shot, heck even the Mighty Ducks!

• February 21, 2012 9:50 am

I almost did that. almost! ha. Thanks for voting today.

3. February 21, 2012 10:07 am

I don’t really like sports movies to be perfectly honest. Boxing in particular has been done to death. That’s because there is a lot of drama associated with it. Baseball also has been done a lot, because it allows for paused dramatic moments. Its not constantly moving, like hockey or soccer. Hockey usually has to have penalty shots in order to achieve this dramatic pause. Football is also good for drama since its good at having various dramatic situations in a game, and also has the benefit of a “huddle” pause.

• February 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks for voting today, Ian. I like football myself

4. February 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Football and baseball for me, although admittedly I haven’t seen too many basketball films. I am a big sucker for sports documentaries though — especially ESPN’s 30 for 30 series.

• February 21, 2012 9:42 pm

ESPN often has some great stuff in those series. I catch ’em from time to time. Thanks for voting today!

5. February 21, 2012 7:04 pm

I went with football and boxing because it pays to be obvious 😉 I loved Cool Runnings though. great flick!

• February 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Cool Runnings is a big fave of mine. 🙂

Feel the Rhythm! Feel the Rhyme! Get on up, it’s Bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!!!!!

6. February 22, 2012 2:04 am

Not a big fan of sports movies, so I only picked one, which was boxing as that has given us some memorable/enjoyable movies (Rocky, Warrior, Raging Bull). Don’t really watch football/baseball related movies as I’m not interested in these sports (although I did check out Moneyball because of the Oscar buzz).

• February 22, 2012 7:54 am

wow. another vote for boxing. I really didn’t think boxing was going to get as many votes as it has. ha! Thanks for voting Nostra.

7. February 22, 2012 3:18 am

I’m going for Baseball just because I love Jerry Maguire a lot. Sports movies tend to be motivating, because you can see their efforts physically (well, a lot sports movies I’ve seen). Great topic!

• February 22, 2012 7:59 am

did you mean football?: Jerry Maguire? Either way you are right about the films being motivational and highly physical. Thanks for voting.

8. February 22, 2012 10:57 am

My vote is for TENNIS!!!

• February 22, 2012 11:44 pm

hahaha. I love this comment. Can’t say I’m familiar with any tennis movie.

9. February 23, 2012 3:13 am

Although I love watching NBA, MOTOGP and OLIMPIC but I never find watching sport movies as an enjoyable watch. I did like The Replacement and Hardball…but the reason is not the sport, it is the main actor…the handsome Keanu Revees 😉

I watched Jerry Macquire (I am sure I spelled it wrongly) long time ago and couldn’t understand what’s so good about that movie

• February 24, 2012 10:26 am

Hardball was a fantastic film. Good choice there Nov!

10. February 23, 2012 3:16 am

There is a movie called Wimbledon, not so good, I watched it because Paul Bettany is in it.

• February 24, 2012 10:26 am