New Posters of the Week (2/21)

February 21, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Hooray!! You already know that a fun guilty pleasure of mine is collecting movie posters! If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week! Several new posters hit the web since the last time we looked at posters.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Lockout, Delicacy, and John Carter.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. February 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Hate to admit, but ‘John Carter’ is beginning to attract me, and the poster is adding to it.

• February 21, 2012 11:06 pm

did you see the recent newest fan-made trailer for it? Looks far better and explains much more than any of the “official” marketing material does. You can see it over at Anomalous Material: http://www.anomalousmaterial.com/movies/2012/02/fan-made-trailer-for-john-carter-puts-disney-to-shame/

2. February 21, 2012 11:43 pm

The John Carter poster is pretty cool. The others are pretty ordinary.

• February 22, 2012 7:53 am

I think that John Carter one is pretty amazing actually. I would agree.

3. February 22, 2012 2:34 am

None of those float my boat! 🙂

Sorry

• February 22, 2012 7:55 am

haha. don’t be sorry. It’s all good. It’s the designers of the posters who should be apologizing to you hahahaha. This week, as mentioned in other comments, the posters tended to be a little drab. But I liked a couple of them alright. Sorry to disappoint. lol

4. February 22, 2012 2:59 am

All very generic film posters. There hasn’t been a film poster out recently that’s made me drop my jaw. The John Carter one is probably the best out of the bunch. Other than that… so very ordinary.

• February 22, 2012 7:57 am

You’re right. Some are pretty downright lazy. Like the “A Thousand Words” and “Now is Good”

But John Carter is a good poster. One of my faves from the film.

5. February 22, 2012 3:06 am

Dakota Fanning in romance seems new. That’s the only posters that attracts me in this post. Probably people are holding off movies now considering Oscars season? Hmmm

• February 22, 2012 7:58 am

I don’t know that I could take seeing Fanning in a romance yet. How old is she? 15? I don’t know. I still see her as the little girl, Pita, in Man on Fire.

6. February 22, 2012 3:38 am

That girl on the Piranha 3DD poster looks like Kristen Stewart from Twilight O.O

• February 22, 2012 8:00 am

ha. you’re right! I kinda wish she was in this movie now…(maniacal laugh)

7. February 22, 2012 10:54 am

Delicacy looks lovely.
    And the John Carter poster looks so much better than I have any hopes of the film being.

• February 22, 2012 11:43 pm

You picked up on the 2 best posters this time around! Good eye. I still really have no idea what to expect from John Carter.

8. February 22, 2012 11:00 am

Oooh, the one for Delicacy immediately grabs me… so beautiful! No wonder, it’s got Audrey Tatou in it who’s also lovely. That John Carter one is perhaps far more compelling than the film itself 🙂

• February 22, 2012 11:44 pm

I kinda thought you’d like the Delicacy poster. It does look pleasantly beautiful, doesn’t it?

9. February 23, 2012 3:21 am

I like 96 minutes and Delcacy…those two are really eye catching. The rest are just usual.

• February 24, 2012 10:27 am

don’t miss the trailer for Delicacy. It posted on Trailer Time Thursday.

10. yaykisspurr permalink
    February 27, 2012 1:40 pm

#1 John Carter and a distant #2 Lockout…cool post! Cheers.

• February 28, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks! Yes, the John Carter one seems to be the winner this time around.