“Trailer Time Thursday!” 2.23.12

February 23, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Blue Like Jazz. Based on the best-selling novel, a young man seeks to escape his religious background and upbringing and leaves to a college of exact opposite believes on a search for meaning, himself, and truth. Let the music play on April 13, 2012.

American Reunion (theatrical trailer). Ah, the crew is back in town. Here is the latest of movie trailers for the 4th American Pie film. Expect a lot of the same innuendos, pranks, adventures, embarrassments, and more as they get back together and reminisce about great memories…while creating more.

Battlefield America. Just when you figured competitive dance movies couldn’t get any worse. Remember You Got Served? Well, here’s the next film in the series only this time, the stars of You Got Served are serving as coaches to a bunch of battling kids. I know, right? I couldn’t believe it either until I saw the trailer, and that’s why I put it up for you to see because I knew you’d never believe me. ha. Check out this one. The film releases in June.

Brave (sneak peek clip). Pixar’s Brave is set to release this upcoming summer. Starring the company’s first heroine, Brave focuses on Princess Merida and her bravery as it were against all obstacles and all odds. Enjoy this look at the upcoming animated adventure.

Delicacy. Audrey Tautou (Amélie) stars in this french romantic comedy focusing on the delicacy of life and love. After losing her husband, and believing there is no other “one” for her, an interested and interesting suitor comes along. Check out the trailer.

Mirror Mirror (trailer #2). This newest trailer for Tarsem Singh’s Snow White film shows a bit more footage and tones down the silliness to attract the would-be scorners. Looks like it’s going after that other Snow White film. Which one are you most interested in seeing? Be ready to look into the mirror on March 30.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

The Dark Knight Rises (in style of The Prestige

Ok, this week, I really did save the best for last! You MUST watch this fan-made trailer for The Dark Knight Rises that is done in the style of Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film, The Prestige. It fits so well with the magic trick speech from the film. All I can do is sit back and applaud YouTube user Dominaz3000 for some great work on this trailer.

I. Love. This. Trailer.

Well done. Check it out.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: I don’t really have a favorite this week. They all are rather so-so to me. Oh well, that’s how it goes sometimes. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, February 24, 2012:

1. February 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello, mister T, my source of trailers. Blue like Jazz and Delicacy sound ok, i am keeping an eye on them. Battlefield America…really?

• February 24, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Diana! Thanks for popping in today.

Yes, I actually was saddened to see a Battlefield America trailer. Not just because of how horrible it looks, but also because I watched the trailer for “FP” prior to and have a feeling that more people will actually go see THAT instead of Battlefield America simply because of the “cult classic” feel it tries to appeal with. Both look just bad.

2. February 24, 2012 2:45 am

I loved that Prestige Dark Knight trailer…very clever indeed.

• February 24, 2012 10:30 am

I truly enjoyed it. Man I can’t wait for The Dark Knight Rises!!

3. February 24, 2012 4:07 pm

I had never even heard of Blue Like Jazz, interesting premise.

I LOVE the Pixar trailer, I like that it’s more like a clip instead of a trailer, but yet it definitely makes you even more excited for the movie.

• February 27, 2012 8:58 am

I am pretty excited to see Brave too. It looks pretty.

4. February 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Oh and that TDKR trailer mixed w/ The Prestige, voiced by Alfred himself is just brilliant!!

“I. Love. This. Trailer.”

Me, too, T!

• February 27, 2012 8:58 am

🙂

5. February 25, 2012 7:15 pm

The Brave clip is definitely the most interesting of this batch of trailers… but then, I’ve been looking forward to Brave for a while now.

Blue Like Jazz looks a lot like the Reed College it’s set in — nowhere near as cool as it thinks it is.

Delicacy looks like a standard rom-com, American Reunion looks like it’ll probably be standard sequel fare — fine for the fans, but not going to win over anybody new.

Mirror Mirror could be interesting… I’m not convinced it won’t be awful yet, but the potential to be good is there.

As for Battlefield America, when do the aliens come in and wipe out the dancing kids? That’s what’s going to happen, right? Please?

• February 27, 2012 8:59 am

Haha. Ur “battle” comment is hilarious. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the trailers!

6. yaykisspurr permalink
    February 27, 2012 2:14 pm

I might have to go see Brave! Cheers!

• February 28, 2012 8:05 am