The Avengers: New Trailer!!

February 29, 2012

I rarely do a post just for a single trailer! I love the collection of trailers that hits every Thursday on “Trailer Time Thursday!”

So…you know this is special.

Here is the newly released trailer for Marvel’s THE AVENGERS! And…it’s…amazing!

Here’s the official synopsis:

Marvel Studios presents in association with Paramount Pictures “Marvel’s The Avengers”–the Super Hero team up of a lifetime, featuring iconic Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins. Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson, and directed by Joss Whedon, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since. Prepare yourself for an exciting event movie, packed with action and spectacular special effects, when “Marvel’s The Avengers” assemble in summer 2012. In “Marvel’s The Avengers,” superheroes team up to pull the world back from the brink of disaster when an unexpected enemy threatens global security.

All I can say is that I CANNOT WAIT!! May 4th can’t get here soon enough. For those in the UK it is releasing a week earlier (lucky).

If you’re not a fan of this movie, then you just may not be human. Schedule an appointment with the doctor to find out!

Are you excited? I am! Woohoooo!

1. February 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I’m thrilled that you made a special post for this. YES too good to wait until tomorrow 🙂 I almost posted a guest review of Sherlock 2, good thing I didn’t as I saw that this trailer is up and I just had to share.

“If you’re not a fan of this movie, then you just may not be human” Ahahahaha… I LOVE that enthusiasm, my friend. I don’t know that it’ll win over people who are not into superhero movies in general but for us geeks, it’s definitely awesome!! [happy dance]

• March 1, 2012 8:56 am

I had to! ha.

I really can’t wait to see this film. 🙂

2. February 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Looking good, looking good. Visually looks great (although Cap’s costume looks a bit off). Looks like it’ll be fun… love Loki’s line in the trailer. Also, that last second… literally said “What the hell is that?!” 😀

• March 1, 2012 9:00 am

you know, I actually had the same thoughts about Cap’s costume believe it or not. But I am truly excited to see the film!

3. March 1, 2012 3:09 am

I am loving seeing everyone geek out about this trailer. Everyone’s just over the moon, and rightly so. I’m seriously worried I might overgeek about it though….

• March 2, 2012 9:54 am

Me too! I really can NOT wait for this one.

4. March 1, 2012 5:16 am

I feel you man. This new trailer definitely does its job well… although I kept thinking of how much the sound effects and stuff totally feels like Transformers o.O (same with Battleship…)

• March 2, 2012 9:55 am

oh man. I know what you’re saying, but…do me a favor: never compare Battleship to The Avengers again! ROTFLOL. 😀

1. “Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.1.12 « The Focused Filmographer