“Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.1.12

March 1, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Safe (new trailer). Jason Statham stars in this film full of fight, fists, and fury. A former elite cop battles the Chinese Triads and the Russian Mafia in NYC who are after a girl with a special ability. Will he be able to keep her safe? Of course he will…he’s Jason Statham! Look for it in theaters on April 27, 2012.

Bernie. Remember Weekend at Bernie’s? Well, this is not it. However, in this film, Jack Black plays a small town mortician who befriends a mean-spirited, yet wealthy widow. After he allegedly kills her, he goes to great lengths to keep up the illusion that she is still alive. See? I told you this wasn’t Weekend at Bernie’s! ha. Bernie also comes to theaters on April 27, 2012.

Piranha 3DD. We all knew it was coming. After the over-indulgent 1st installment hit theaters, the movie studios present the expected sequel that seeks to up the ante in every way above what Piranha 3D had. Blood, bubbles, boobs, bullets, bikinis, bad baths, bites, and more. Don’t look for this to be “Movie of the Year”, but ready or not, here comes your sequel.

*My favorite lines/scenes from this trailer: “Whatever it is, I don’t like it!” and “Bring me my legs.” hahaha.

Touchback. Scott Murphy had a promising football career. That is until an injury stole his dreams away. Fifteen years later, he looks back at what could’ve been and an unexpected trip back in time gives him a second chance at changing what was. Featuring Kurt Russell as the highschool football coach, this family film looks to hit theaters on April 13, 2012.

Neighborhood Watch (teaser trailer). Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughn, and a self-given collective title of power and authority! Oh man, what a recipe for disastrous fun. Here is the teaser trailer for this crew in their upcoming film featuring them as part of an elect Neighborhood Watch. Join the crew on July 27, 2012.

John Carter (final trailer). Had to include this ACTION-filled trailer for Disney’s upcoming adventure. While John Carter is unashamedly Disney’s next “Pirates of the Caribbean” money project, it looks to be pretty neat. I’ll save judgment for when I see it. What do you think? Are you ready to cheer on John Carter? You can begin next weekend on March 9.

The Deep Blue Sea (trailer #2). Nope. No sharks or Samuel L. in this one. Starring Rachel Weisz and Tom Hiddleston, enjoy this second trailer about the story of a woman and a military man that indulge themselves and get caught in a risky love affair. In limited theaters in the U.S. on March 23, 2012.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

The Avengers

Last night, I had a dream that I was watching this film in a special viewing at director Joss Whedon’s home. RDJ was there, along with Samuel L. and my ever so gorgeous wifey, Scarlett! A few friends were there at the private screening with me and during the film I kept thinking about the awesome write up I was going to get to do for all of you on my page! Then I woke up… 😦

Haha. Needless to say I cannot wait for The Avengers. Yesterday, the latest trailer for Marvel’s upcoming film launched and it is AMAZING! Don’t miss it.

You can WATCH THE NEW AVENGERS TRAILER →→→HERE←←←

You don’t want to miss it. Guaranteed!!!

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: John Carter, Deep Blue Sea, and Safe (just because it’s great to see Statham doing what he does best…beating the mess outta people!). Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, March 2, 2012:

1. March 1, 2012 11:16 am

Obviously, everyone is excited by The Avengers,I am, too, it looks great 🙂
    As for the other trailers, Touchback looks rather decent, but it will be a rental, while Neighborhood Watch looks crazy stupid, but fun, so maybe, maybe I will see it! Thanks T!

• March 2, 2012 9:59 am

Yes, I agree with you on Touchback. a rental at home with the family I am sure.

2. March 1, 2012 7:00 pm

You might find Scarlett can’t be your wife, my friend. She’s already mine! 😉

• March 2, 2012 9:59 am

Ooh Rodney…them’s fighting words. Not sure we can be friends right now! I was dating her a long time ago! You can’t have her. LOL

3. March 1, 2012 7:59 pm

Um, that Avengers trailer was fantastic.

• March 2, 2012 10:00 am

um, YEAH! 😀

4. March 1, 2012 9:03 pm

Ahah, I quite like Weekend at Bernie’s, so yeah at first I thought this was a remake or followup to that one, he..he..

Too funny about your dream, are you sure you’re just watching the movie w/ your movie wifey there T? 😉 Interesting that you could remember your dreams, I do too every once in a while, and some dreams you just don’t want to wake up, ahah.

• March 2, 2012 10:00 am

haha, well, perhaps this dream will come true! 😀

5. March 1, 2012 10:58 pm

Piranha 3DD makes the first movie look like it was a totally serious drama-thriller. This is so over-the-top that I can’t believe it was made.

Tough to say anything about Neighborhood Watch. Effective way of calling attention to the intriguing cast but we can’t really tell anything about the movie in this teaser.

• March 2, 2012 10:01 am

all I could do was just laugh during the P3DD trailer. oh boy. but, it’ll rake in the dough I’m sure.

6. Thomas Levesque permalink
    March 2, 2012 7:44 pm

defently can’t wait to see piranha 3dd, that and the avengers. i got the first piranha on dvd, and piranha is super awesome. hope they get a release date soon. i think it should get release on either august like the first one did, it could battle against expendables 2. or maybe the week shark night came out. love the awesome cast including ving rhames, christopher lloyd, david hassolhoff & david koechner from anchorman, along with danielle panabaker, chris zykla who was also in shark night & katrina bowden. piranha is super cool, probley will make me jump alittle bit. but hey, that’s the fun part.

• March 3, 2012 11:27 pm

Thomas, welcome to the commenting section on the page!

No doubt there will be plenty of jumping time as the bites keep coming in Piranha 3DD.

7. March 3, 2012 11:01 am

Thats a nice collection of trailers. I am thinking that Neighborhood Watch Jacket could be this years Scorpion Jacket from Drive. Sorry that you had to wake up from your Avengers dream.

• March 3, 2012 11:28 pm

thanks for checking them out here. Ooh, I still need to pick up Gosling’s jacket! I’ll be rollin in style then! ha.

Then, Scarlett will cruise with me even in real life! ya think?! haha

8. March 3, 2012 5:12 pm

Not a lot really getting me excited this week, other than The Avengers, of course. Safe looks decent, Throwback might — might — be interesting. At least it’s good to see Kurt Russell in a major film again. That’ll make it six straight decades he’s been starring in films.

Still holding out hope for John Carter.

Bernie might be OK, but come on, that has to be at least a deliberate homage to Weekend at Bernie’s, right? There’s no way they could have that plot and that name by accident, is there?

Neighborhood Watch‘s trailer does absolutely nothing to get me interested in watching it. That may be one of the worst teaser trailers I’ve seen in years.

• March 3, 2012 11:30 pm

the worst teaser trailer in years, huh? wow. I’d say you gotta see more teaser trailers! haha.

can’t say I’m overly excited for Throwback. It’s on the “eh, maybe” list for me.