New Posters of the Week (3/2)

March 2, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Raid: Redemption, and Brave.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. March 2, 2012 9:43 am

Loss of Life, The Raid: Redemption, & Neighborhood Watch look really scary/violent. Dark/washed-out colors and gritty imagery.

The one that caught my eye the most was BRAVE, the red hair really pops out of the blue/green background. (Almost-complementary color combos are some of my favorites.) That one and Paranorman have the best type treatments.

Salmon Fishing in Yemen I like but I am biased on that because I’ve seen the trailer so many times (it’s in front of The Artist) and it looks good to me.

Just my thoughts.

• March 2, 2012 10:01 am

Love your thoughts. thanks for sharing them.

I really like the colors in BRAVE and the latest poster for Salmon Fishing in Yemen. Glad you like them too!

thanks for the comment.

2. March 2, 2012 12:59 pm

I’m with you, T.

• March 3, 2012 6:38 pm

that’s a win!! ha

3. March 2, 2012 1:37 pm

I like your poster post format, T, very nice and I like that we can see ’em all the thumbnail versions in one post.

My fave is still the BRAVE one. As for The Raid, I’m gonna have to rent it even though it’s so not my kind of movie, as it’s set in my hometown Jakarta. I heard it’s super bloody though, ugh.

• March 3, 2012 6:39 pm

why thank you Ruth. I have grown quite attached to this format. Appreciate the feedback.

The Raid is rather bloody (at least the redband trailer shows it to be), I wonder just how much of Jakarta will be shown since it is taking place in the building.

4. March 2, 2012 3:36 pm

My Fave is MIB3…hands down because of Will Smith…lol

The most intriguing are Moth Diaries (such a pretty poster), Loss of Life (very gritty, catches my attention), and Neighborhood Watch…

• March 3, 2012 11:26 pm

I thought you might rather enjoy the MIB3 poster! 🙂

Glad you caught on to the grit of the Loss of Life poster. There are several others for the film with the same look and feel. It’s what grabbed my attention.

5. March 3, 2012 9:31 am

The Brave poster looks really good. It looks more like the mysterious adventure film I hoped the film to be after the teaser and first promo images. Unfortunately, the last two trailers make it look more like a slapstick comedy. I was hoping it would have more weight and not resort to jokes about old Scottish men lifting up their kilts. But maybe it will still show me something; who knows.

• March 3, 2012 11:27 pm

I know what you mean in regards to the childish jokes, but, like you, I remain optimistic that Brave will be well done. I like the poster at least.

6. March 3, 2012 2:23 pm

I’d be going to see Brave and The Raid based on what I see here.

Is it just me, or does it look like they cut-and-pasted an old pic of Dwayne Johnson from Fast 5 and called that GI Joe?

• March 3, 2012 11:29 pm

ooh, yes. Dwayne Johnson’s image looks the same as for Fast Five, I’ll give you that.

• March 4, 2012 11:31 am

Whatever, The Rock is so badass in that pic that they can reuse it in 50 movie posters if they want! 😀

• March 5, 2012 5:51 pm

HaHahaha

7. March 4, 2012 11:32 am

The poster for Neighborhood Watch is the most interesting of the bunch and highlights the sci-fi quality of the film which is smart marketing because you look at the cast of the film and you immediately think comedy.

• March 5, 2012 5:52 pm

Wait…Neighborhood Watch isn’t a comedy?! 😉

8. March 4, 2012 12:35 pm

I love the poster for Brave. Just the bright red hair and the colous of it. Absolutely love it and just can’t wait.

• March 5, 2012 5:53 pm

The color is so amazing. I do like it quite a bit. It just pops!

9. yaykisspurr permalink
    March 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Love this post (the movie poster weekly)!! I had to go back and find the ones I that got lost in email hell!

Actually this week I loved so many just aesthetically! If I have to choose based on do I want to see it then definitely Brave! But I also loved the twinkie poster just to have as well as MIB and Paranorman. Cheers!

• yaykisspurr permalink