“Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.8.12 (pt. 2)

March 8, 2012

As promised, here is Part 2 of your weekly edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

If you missed Part 1 be sure to either scroll down or just click HERE.

ENJOY!!! :)

Frankenweenie. This stop-motion reboot of Tim Burton’s tale of a boy who sparks life back into his dearly deceased dog looks to be nothing short of fun (Burton-style). Winona Ryder, Martin Short, and many others lend their vocal talents to this dark comedy. Look for Frankenweenie to come back to life on October 5, 2012.

That’s My Boy. Happy Madison pictures brings Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg in a tale of the foul-mouthed father and the rich and respectable son. Not much quality is coming from Sandler these days IMO. You be the judge. Is he back to his Happy Gilmore days or back to his Little Nicky days with this one? Look for it in theaters on June 15.

What to Expect When You’re Expecting (trailer#2). This star-studded story’s latest trailer looks to appeal to the male would-be audience. This prenatal production shares a comedic look into the ups and downs of pregnancy. The due date on this one is May 18, 2012.

Chimpanzee. I want to watch this film presented by Disney Nature. Follow the story of Oscar the Chimpanzee on April 20, 2012.

The Odd Life of Timothy Green. This isn’t a new trailer, but I had almost forgotten about it. It’s been a while since anything has been mentioned about it. So, as a refresher, here’s a look at this upcoming fun adventure from Disney. Are you excited to see this one? Starring Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton, the life of this film begins on August 15, 2012.

The Hunger Games (Cast&Crew Interviews). March 23 is coming! See what the cast and crew members had to say about being a part of this epic tale. The games are coming. Will you be watching?

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Chimpanzee, Frankenweenie. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, March 9, 2012:

1. March 8, 2012 11:19 am

Frankenweenie for me.

• March 9, 2012 3:09 am

I am curious to check it out myself. Thanks for stoppin in on Triple-T today my friend! Have a great weekend!

2. March 8, 2012 7:46 pm

Yea Frankenweenie looks like the most intriguing of the bunch, easily. Knowing What To Expect blah blah … looks like a total joke, I hope it crashes and burns. And watching that kid come out of the box all muddy gives me a mini-seizure every time, that’s super creepy lol

• March 9, 2012 3:14 am

hahahaha. all I could do is laugh as I went to rewatch the trailer for Odd Life with your comment in mind.

You know you like the muddy boy!

3. March 9, 2012 1:49 am

Ok, the chimpanzee trailer alone had me close to tears. I was welling up! Thanks for posting that up here – I hadn’t heard about it til now 😀

• March 9, 2012 3:16 am

oh I am so glad that you love the chimpanzee trailer. I really want to see it.

love knowing when people are able to see trailers for the first time here. Doesn’t this film look fantastic?!

• March 12, 2012 9:18 am

It does! I’m always in awe of such films that take a huge amount of patience in terms of shooting, but then after editing and everything that goes with it. I’m a sucker for a good animal based film and this looks to fit the bill perfectly.

4. March 9, 2012 3:24 am

Frankenweenie looks super adorable!! My girls will love it!

• March 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Haha. I hope u enjoy. Does it have a diff release date in the UK?

5. March 9, 2012 9:09 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I’ve been following whispers about ‘Frankenweenie’ for more than a decade and am looking forward to seeing it.

For all the Sturm and Drang over ‘The Hunger Games’. I still get the overall vibe that it’s an amalgam of the classic short story, ‘The Lottery’ and a poorly executed ‘The Tenth Victim’ from the 1960s. That’s had a Dumpster load of Special Effects money dumped all over its demon spawn.

PS: Any and all are invited to drop by the new and improved FRC to take a look and opine my latest guest review.

• March 11, 2012 9:33 pm

A decade? Didn’t realize it was in the works for so long.

6. March 9, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah, Frankenweenie for me too…..

• March 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Another vote for Frankenweenie

7. yaykisspurr permalink
    March 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks for the trailers…I’m not really looking forward to any of them though I’ll probably see Hunger Games (i read the book) and the creepy kid touchy feely movie looks interesting.

Cheers 🙂

BTW I can see the fascination in Frankenweenie even though it’s not for me…

• March 13, 2012 11:03 am

thanks for watching here! 🙂

I agree with you actually on Frankenweenie. Not doing much for me, but I know several who are looking forward to it.