“Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.15.12

March 15, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Meeting Evil. Luke Wilson and Samuel L. Jackson both star in this thriller that follows a young family man who is tested when his life becomes the obsession of a very mysterious and murderous stranger. The introductions are set to begin around May 4, 2012.

On The Road. Garrett Hedlund, Viggo Mortensen, Sam Riley, Kirsten Dunst, Kristen Stewart, and more all star in this energy filled adventure of youth out on the open road. Discover their adventure as they discover themselves in this Jack Kerouac book put to film that releases this year.

A Little Bit of Heaven (new trailer). Kate Hudson stars as the successful woman who finds out she has cancer, but when happiness in the form of true love comes her way, she finds that little bit of Heaven to be even scarier. Get a glimpse of glory on May4, 2012. You can watch it while I will be in the theater watching The Avengers!

Battleship (trailer #3). See more destruction, terror, and mayhem in this newest trailer for the classic board game movie! Liam Neeson, Rihanna, Brooklyn Decker, Alexander Skarsgård, and more star in this adventure on the high seas. Something hides underwater and hates being disturbed. Discover it on May 18, 2012.

Mighty Fine. An interesting film about a Jewish family who uproot from Brooklyn to New Orleans when the father’s business calls for it. Seeming to have all things under control, when situations unravel, the father is definitely anything but “mighty fine.”

My Way. Inspired by true events, watch this trailer for a movie that shares a rather widely unknown tale from World War II.

Snow White and the Huntsman. A teaser trailer for the upcoming new trailer that launches on Monday. Get a quick glimpse at some of the action, costumes, and more that we will get to see in the new trailer for this new look at the tale of Snow White.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Total Recall

The remake up the “Governator” classic is coming to theaters this upcoming August. Here is a quick teaser trailer for the actual trailer that will be releasing shortly. Check it out.

SORRY: Trailer has been removed. Keep a lookout for the full trailer to launch shortly!

Instead, here is the first trailer for Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, and more:

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: On the Road, Meeting Evil, and My Way. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, March 16, 2012:

• Wide Release: 21 Jump Street and Casa de mi Padre
  • Limited Release: Jeff Who Lives At Home, Detachment, The Kid with a Bike, The FP, Natural Selection, and Seeking Justice.

1. March 15, 2012 11:53 am

I’ve been waiting forever for the Total Recall trailer! I was gonna post it but it turns out to be the Taiwanese teaser that SONY yanked already. Can’t wait to see the official one!

• March 15, 2012 5:40 pm

i’m with you there Ruth. I can’t wait for the official trailer as well. The teaser was cool. It’s too bad it was yanked.

• March 16, 2012 2:49 pm

I did get a chance to see it before it’s yanked out, looks promising!

• March 18, 2012 5:05 pm

The new trailer is amazing!

2. March 15, 2012 11:57 am

My Way looks interesting. The Total Recall one didn’t work for me, I think it’s been taken down! I can feel myself ending up watching Battleship though it’s really likely to be crap!

• March 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Pete! Glad to see ya hear on Triple-T. Sorry about the Total Recall trailer, but thanks for the heads up.

I’m afraid that I will also be right there with you in line for Battleship. and i think it will be crap too.

3. paulaguthat permalink
    March 15, 2012 12:20 pm

None of these are jumping out at me…isn’t that odd? I guess i’m wondering about Dark Shadows & Prometheus more.

• March 15, 2012 5:48 pm

I can’t wait for the Prometheus one. I think it’s a little ridiculous that the trend lately has been for trailers to come out for trailers though.

4. March 16, 2012 3:12 am

Happy Friday T!!

I am so looking forward to Total Recall … now I saw that snippet before it got yanked!! 🙂

• March 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I hope ur weekend was fantastic my friend.

5. March 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Of course I am all about the foreign film “My Way.” Looks pretty good. Johnny Depp is going to be awesome in “Dark Shadows.” He is at his best as a comedic actor. I’m totally up to seeing “Snow White and the Huntsmsn.” Great selection of trailers and Good Friday T 🙂

• March 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them!

6. March 17, 2012 11:22 am

I loved that original Total Recall, but I would certainly be down with a more mature less comedic adaptation of the book.

• March 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Looking forward to the new trailer. Thanks for commenting and visiting. You think Colin is a good pick for Total Recall?