“Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.22.12

March 22, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (trailer#2). Alex, Marty, Melman, the penguins, and more return in this third animated installment of the Madagascar franchise! Loaded with tons of laughs, join the crew as they travel through Europe and continue their quest to return to New York City. Get your passports ready for this wild cross-country adventure that begins on June 8, 2012.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (trailer#2). This latest trailer shows a little bit more of what to expect from this oddly paired set of genres. See the legend of Lincoln in this upcoming axe-swinging, blood-splattering, historical fictionalized film. Starring the likes of Benjamin Walker, Rufus Sewell, Dominic Cooper, and more, history sets out to rewrite itself in blood on June 22, 2012.

Death of a Superhero. Currently touring different film festivals, this artistic film tackles the subject of a young kid who is battling cancer and learns to deal with it through the support of his counselor (Andy Serkis in a non-CGI role), and a few other friends. Together with them, this 15 year boy immerses himself in the world of invincible superheroes that he creates as he struggles to fight for his own mortality.

Chernobyl Diaries. This horror flick features a group of vacationing thrill seekers who explore the since-abandoned ruins of Chernobyl. Believing the radiation to be a low risk, the venture boldly with a veteran tour guide only to find that Chernobyl is not as abandoned as they once thought. Check out the trailer and let me know if Chernobyl will be a destination for you on May 25, 2012.

Life Happens. This comedic story is about two friends/roommates who seek a normal life after one of them has a baby after a night of passion without protection. The search for “bliss after birth” gets a little more complicated after a little white lie causes love to unexpectedly bloom under slightly false pretenses. Not entirely sure about this one releasing in theaters as opposed to going straight to dvd, but look for it soon.

Snow White & the Huntsman (Extended 5-min Preview). An in-depth look into the upcoming world of Snow White & the Huntsman. The more I see, the more I look forward to watching it. (The 2nd full trailer released earlier this week. If you missed it, click HERE). Love the look and feel. Enjoy this extended look at this June 1 release.

Prometheus (UK trailer). Another June release that I just cannot wait for! A new U.S. trailer for this one launched earlier this past week as well and is full of excitement and grandeur. (Click HERE to see THAT trailer). However, this UK trailer (while it still is exciting and amazing) tends to share perhaps a better look at the film in terms of what to expect in storyline, tone, feel, and mystery! I love both trailers…hey, I love them all! SUPER-STOKED for this SciFi film of the year to be! June 8th, hurry up and get here! We need you.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Wrath of the Titans featurette

On March 30, the Titans return…and they are not too friendly. As a matter of fact, they wish to pour their wrath upon all who stand in their way…Poor Perseus! Check out this latest featurette about one of the many adversaries that Perseus will face in this upcoming exciting and hopeful sequel to the rather drab remake of 2010’s Clash of the Titans.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Chernobyl Diaries, Death of a Superhero, and Prometheus. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, March 23, 2012:

• Wide Release: The Hunger Games -That’s it for wide-releases! How much do you think it will earn in over 4,100 theaters?
  • Limited Release: The Raid: Redemption, The Deep Blue Sea, Brake, October Baby, Musical Chairs, and The Trouble with Bliss.

1. March 22, 2012 8:33 am

I think I’m gong to avoid the new Prometheus trailer. I heard it gives a lot of info about the story, and I would like to go in rather fresh.

• March 22, 2012 8:34 am

i can understand that. but, if you’ve seen Alien and Aliens then you kinda already know where the film heads. No?

But I feel ya.

2. March 22, 2012 8:50 am

The more I hear and see about Snow White the better it looks! Prometheus is gonna be wicked too! Some great films coming out this year.

• March 23, 2012 11:49 am

Very true. 2012 is shaping up quite nicely

3. Aidy permalink
    March 22, 2012 8:54 am

I am looking forward to Snow White and the Huntsman now. Looks intense and I love Charlize Theron. Prometheus reminds me too much of the “Dead Space” games. Probably a rip off from the game. Still, I want to see the film. Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron is in it. So it’s an automatic win in my book 🙂

• March 23, 2012 11:50 am

Prometheus is going to be epic and awesome! Can’t wait

4. March 22, 2012 9:36 am

The sky is the limit for The Hunger Games this weekend. I think 115-125 million is the sweet spot. This may be the biggest opening March film ever.

• March 23, 2012 11:51 am

You’re right. It’s going to be a big weekend. I think it will do around $150M

5. March 22, 2012 9:46 am

It’s all about Prometheus. wish I hadn’t watched that life happens trailer. Gosh it looks a bit crap. Nice to see Serkis’ real face, that ‘superhero’ flick might be ok!

• March 23, 2012 6:28 pm

I agree on the life happens one. I do hope that Serkis gets some attention for this role.

6. March 22, 2012 10:16 am

Some pretty good trailers, most notably Snow White and Prometheus. I really don’t need to see any more about these movies because I’m totally sold!

• March 23, 2012 6:28 pm

You always have impeccable taste

7. March 22, 2012 2:23 pm

i love how the logo for Prometheus “materializes” very similarly to the original Alien title.

• March 23, 2012 6:31 pm

You and I will b checking this one out in June! Can’t wait.

• March 24, 2012 8:16 am

Yes sir, it is going to beyond awesome! I hope this gives him the nudge to put the Blade Runner movie at the top of his priority list!

• March 24, 2012 10:51 am

no doubt!

8. March 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Is it just me, or is doing a horror movie about Chernobyl outrageously insensitive? I dont care how much time has passed, people died because of that shit. That was a tragedy.

But yeah PromEtheUS!!

• jackdeth72 permalink
      March 23, 2012 12:24 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I’m with fog!

Do we really need a Chernobyl as a haunted house/horror story?

‘Love Happens’ looks incredibly not funny. Definite direct to DVD bait.

I’m going to abstain from the ‘Prometheus’ trailer. Want to be wowed when I see the film.

PS: I’ve a guest review of ‘The Night of the Hunter’ up over at Ruth’s ‘FlixChatter’. All are invited to visit, peruse and comment.

• March 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks for checking out the trailers today. Look forward to checking out your post.

• March 23, 2012 6:32 pm

A solid point you bring up. You’re right, it was a tragedy not to be overlooked.

9. March 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Well the Abe Lincoln one is my fave from your list. And having endured the first I will stay as far away from the Clash of the Titans sequel 🙂

• March 23, 2012 6:33 pm

No Clash2 for ya, huh? 😀

10. yaykisspurr permalink
    March 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Snow White for me. I definitely want to see that Prometheus though. Cheers!

• March 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Snow White is looking continually better to me all the time too.

11. March 25, 2012 9:49 am

Really loved the new Snow White footage, with four Snow White films coming out this year (two theatrically and two straight to video) you’d think it would reach a saturation point, but they all look so different from each other, and this one looks the best and most innovative. I’m a little disappointed they went with special effects dwarves instead of little people actors, there are some great actors in that community, though I wouldn’t be surprised if the top choices had already played a Snow White dwarf or wanted to stay away from the role.

• March 25, 2012 9:51 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Death of a Superhero looks very unique and interesting, would love to catch that one.

• March 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Death of a Superhero does have my attention. Thanks for stopping in today.

• March 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Bubbawheat, welcome!

Didn’t know there were 2 other straight to video Snow White films coming out. Thanks.