New Posters of the Week (3/24)

March 24, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There were quite a few this week that released. 15 of them are featured below! Including a POSSIBLE teaser poster for The Wolverine.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Apart, Upside Down, The Iceman and the 1st poster for On the Road.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. yaykisspurr permalink
    March 24, 2012 12:28 pm

All together the ones that stuck out visually were Spiderman and Wolverine, but the most intriguing ones for me were Upside Down and Apart of which I know nothing except the names on the posters. So I guess we partially agree this week! Cheers.

• March 25, 2012 5:46 pm

great minds yaykiss, great minds! 🙂

2. March 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I saw the Titanic poster at a train station and I was like WHAT THE- What’s happening? Did I travel back to the past?? O.O

Funny how Titanic is being re-released when Battleship is about to come out..

• March 25, 2012 5:46 pm

that is a correlation I never saw before. Titanic/Battleship. LOL

3. March 25, 2012 4:26 am

Didn’t realise Titanic was on IMAX as well as 3D! Even more excited now!

• March 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Glad that it pleases you. I, myself, will be avoiding the 3 hour film.

4. March 25, 2012 10:16 am

That’s my first full look at The Lizard. I confess myself disappointed.

Also, since when was another Wolverine movie coming out??

And that Titanic poster is pretty poorly designed.

• March 25, 2012 5:44 pm

The Wolverine has been in the works for a while. Will be in Japan with Wolverine vs the Silver Samurai.

The Lizard’s look has been getting mixed reviews. But I recommend you watch the 2nd full trailer if you haven’t. I find that the look works in my opinion. It allows for more emotion to be seen in the villain, who is, afterall, still a human in suffering.

5. March 25, 2012 10:40 am

Titanic is pretty awful. Impressed with the Spiderman poster though.

• March 25, 2012 5:43 pm

haha. a thumbs down for Titanic and a thumbs up for Spiderman. You “halfway” agree with ianthecool and his comment. 🙂

6. March 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Like Ian, I’m not too enthused about how the Lizard looks there… it’s mostly pretty good, but the all-too-human face just doesn’t look good at all there.

The On the Road posters aren’t doing anything for me… kind of dull, really.

The ones that stand out for me are The Iceman and Upside Down; both are very dramatic images in different ways, and both are pretty unusual for movie posters.

• March 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Iceman really looks great. Did you ever watch the promo “trailer” for it? It captivated me.

be warned…it is “R” rated, but here is a post about it describing the story, plus the clip: http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/10/awesomely-intense-film-clip-from-the-iceman-with-michael-sha.html

Let me know your thoughts.

• March 26, 2012 2:43 pm

No, I don’t think I have… I’ll have to see when I can catch a few minutes to do so (busy, busy week or two ahead of me.)

• March 27, 2012 9:21 am

I understand being busy.

7. Aidy permalink
    March 25, 2012 4:44 pm

T, please tell me that there isn’t a poster there for ‘Titanic’ in 3D? Wow. I think we’ve all seen that film in every which way. I am looking forward to ‘Sound of my Voice.’

• March 25, 2012 5:37 pm

haha. oh, you didn’t know? yeah, it is a poster for Titanic in 3D. Since this next month is the 100yr anniversary of the event.

Glad someone commented on the “Sound of my Voice.” What a unique looking poster, huh?

8. March 26, 2012 3:45 am

Upside Down really caught my eye. Think my favourite of the bunch. And the possible Wolverine poster. Very simple but very cool.

• March 26, 2012 8:57 am

have you seen the Upside Down trailer? it’s pretty neat!