Over the weekend, I was tagged…not once, but twice, by two great bloggers who passed this award my way. I’d like to take a moment and express my gratitude to Claire and Julian for doing so. They have previously been nominated and have some pretty great pages worth checking out. Be sure to visit.
In case you are unfamiliar with the 7×7 Award as I was until I received it- This award, which highlights a blogger’s favorite pieces of work, must be passed to seven others.
The rules of the 7×7 Link Award:
RULE 1 Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you.
RULE 2 Link to one of the posts that you personally think best fits the following categories: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful Piece, Most Popular Piece, Most Controversial Piece, Most Surprisingly Successful Piece, Most Underrated Piece and Most Pride-Worthy Piece.
RULE 3 Pass this award on to seven other bloggers.
Below, everything in THIS COLOR is a clickable link. Enjoy.
1. Something that no one else knows about me.
Umm, some people know that I am very OCD about my movie collection. My movies are in alphabetical order (not by genre though…that’s a bit overboard) by title. The Blu-ray discs have one section (alphabetized), while DVDs have another section (alphabetized as well). In my entire collection, only 1 film is not in alphabetical order. *GASP* That’s right: The Dark Knight. It sits very neatly right between Batman Begins and Beauty & the Beast! The one and only exception: A Christopher Nolan “Batman” film. Who would blame me? And when The Dark Knight Rises releases…well, you already know where it’s going!
A nightmare for me! I HAVE to buy them separately! It doesn’t matter that this case has all 4 movies for $10 and each of them separately are $5 each, I usually don’t want to own 2 of the movies in the combo packs anyways. Packages like these bug me and are an unwelcome site in my dvd collection for that matter. haha. Don’t Judge! 😀
2. Most Beautiful Piece
3. Most Helpful Piece
As Claire answered in her 7×7 “Hopefully my reviews are.” 🙂
But I have found that my most visited piece of all time remains the Spotlight for The Hunger Games which gave a rather extensive look at the story and what to expect from, what was at that time, a movie that was still yet to come! I hope that it was most helpful to those unfamiliar with The Hunger Games. It took quite a bit of time, effort, and research!
4. Most Popular Piece
My most popular post – well, the one with the most comments – is Time to Vote Tuesday 73, entitled “Powerful Presidential Politics 2!”
In this 2nd annual poll that focuses exclusively on choosing the President of the United States, there were only 2 political parties vying for the position…DC and Marvel. This fun continuation from the previous November poll resulted in plenty of mud-slinging and political propaganda in the comments, all the way up to the results post the following week. (Time to Vote Tuesday 74).
5. Most Controversial Piece
I have to answer this with two pieces: First, My contribution to Ronan and Julian’s blogathon entitled “Morality Bites.” It looks to answer the question: Does Hollywood have a moral responsibility to society when it comes to the content of their films?
The second I would have to say is my review for Haywire which, in the comment section, I am referred to as a “sexist” by a reader who expressed their differing opinion (differing opinions are always welcomed and encouraged). But I was definitely surprised and offended, if I may, by the labeling and felt they did not understand my point as it was stated. Perhaps I didn’t make it clearly enough. You visit, read the comments, and decide.
7. Most Underrated Piece
I really enjoyed the 3-author post entitled It Should’ve Ended This Way which takes a look at several different films and discusses how they should have ended. 2 special guests participated in the conversation piece including Ruth from Flixchatter.
8. Most Pride-Worthy Piece
I’m going to go for another blogathon piece that was hosted by Anomalous Material in which bloggers from around the world were to come up with a CD of 12 tracks from movies that they would want on their one and only CD should they ever be stranded on a desert island. I’m pretty proud of the CD I made and love the post very much! Desert Island CD post.
And last, but certainly not least: Seven other bloggers -be sure to pay ’em a visit.
1. Aidy at AidyReviews -Aidy loves videogames, movies, books, television shows, and more, and shares her love of all 3 with us on a regular basis. Also has an awesome poetry blog!
2. Dan at Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews – For continual straight-shooting, “tell it like it is” reviews don’t miss Dan.
3. Dan at Fogs’ Movie Reviews – Pretty much the master of awesomeness on a page. Great movie reviews, info, opinions, and discussions held here!
4. Ian at IanTheCool– his name tells it all. A cool dude with a cool site and attitude towards films of past, present, and future!
5. Paula at Paula’s Cinema Club – One of my favorite places to visit and be reminded of some of the classic films that I grew up loving. Share her appreciation of classics with a look at new classics in the making. Pay Paula a visit.
6. Eric at The Warning Sign – This guy blends movies and videogames into a great page that reminds us why we love them so much. And he serves as a warning to avoid others!
7. Adam at EatSleepTelevion -When doing this post, I remembered that I failed to give recognition to another great blogger that honored me by way of passing on the Kreativ Blogger Award at the beginning of the month. Adam, I apologize and thank you for the recognition. I pass this award on to you as well.
Thanks for reading. Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: Movie News Monday!