Anticipating April

March 28, 2012

Greetings all!

The summer months of movie blockbusters are shortly coming upon us. Right in between the first quarter of the year (mainly full of dull leftovers from the previous year) and the months of May-August where the movie money makers show up, is the month of April.

Ah, April. The tease of the year! Often giving us a little taste of what is to come (that being goodness), but not always delivering.

There are several films releasing in this “middle-month” of 2012. Below is a list of what is to come before the might of May, the jubilance of June, the joy of July, and the amazement of August. (The one each week I am most interested/ready to see will be in RED)! The ones with * are runners up for me!

(Dates below are for U.S. release dates…some of you, like those in the U.K., are fortunate enough to see The Avengers release on April 27th, instead of May 4th! I think I’m moving!) 😀

You can click any title in gold to be taken to that film’s respective info page with trailer on IMDB.com.

April 4th:

• Titanic 3D: 100 years ago, this April 15th, the tragedy of the R.M.S. Titanic took place, claiming the lives of 1,514 people. Director James Cameron’s epic story revolving around that event, Titanic, is the “2nd” largest grossing movie of all-time. (There remains an issue of inflation) Watch it again, in 3D, this next week in tribute to what happened not so long ago.

April 6th:

• American Reunion: The crew reunites for more of the same antics and crude fun we know them for. I graduated high school and went to college during the same time that the characters did. And, coincidentally, my reunion was a couple years back as well. I’ve kinda “traveled” with these guys and look forward to watching this 4th and final installment.

April 13th:

• The Cabin in the Woods: Joss Whedon’s twisted thriller of campers in the woods who stumble upon dangers unawares. “You think you know the story!”

April 20th:

• The Lucky One -Zac Efron/Taylor Schilling
  • Think Like a Man -Chris Brown/Gabrielle Union
  • Chimpanzee: As is their tradition, Disney releases another nature-related film around Earth Day. Since I saw the first trailer, this one captivated me. I cannot wait to see this one! If you don’t want to see it…you have no soul!! j/k 😀

April 27th:

• Five-Year Engagement*-Jason Segel/Emily Blunt
  • The Raven: John Cusack takes on the dark role of author Edgar Allen Poe, chasing down someone murdering in the patterns of his dark tales.

Okay, April, bring it on!

What are you most looking forward to? and Why? Are you going to boycott all of April and wait for the summer? Let me know in the comment section!

Thanks for reading. Happy Watching!

up next: Trailer Time Thursday

1. March 28, 2012 11:10 am

I’m really hoping Marling’s other film The East gets released this year(Skarsgard is in it)

Anyways, out of this list The Moth Diaries and Cabin in the Woods stick out to me most.

• March 30, 2012 9:40 am

I haven’t heard of The East yet. I will have to look it up.

I knew you would speak on The Moth Diaries and Cabin in the Woods though!

• March 30, 2012 10:26 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869716/ hits imdb page. Skarsgard has 2 other indies that according to imdb should be coming out this year, but i don’t think they have gotten an official release date. And i need all the FD points i can get 😛

2. March 28, 2012 11:27 am

Im looking forward to seeing American Reunion ( I think they picked a perfect time to release this. Im also happy to see all the characters reprise their original roles!), Think Like a Man (I would never turn down a movie with fine looking men in it…lol), Chimpanzee (I fell in love w/Oscar after seeing the trailer), Girl in Progress (there’s something about the trailer that has me interested in the full story)

• March 30, 2012 9:41 am

hooray. American Reunion will be a lot of fun. I will have to leave Think Like A Man and Girl in Progress to you. Will look for your reviews on them. But Chimpanzee on the other hand…OH YEAH! 🙂

3. March 28, 2012 1:39 pm

April’s always a surprising month. The warm up before the summer blockbusters. I remember Fast Furious 5 came out last year in April and it was one of my favourite summer blockbusters!

I think you’ve pointed out the exact same films I’m looking forward to. Though, I think I might just go and see Lockout for the stupidity of it all. Save the president’s daughter from a prison in outer space!

The Raven came out here a couple weeks back and wasn’t very well reviewed or received. I had planned on seeing it, but John Carter just took over all the screens!

Chimpanzee looks beyond adorable! Definitely on my list.

I think Cabin in the Woods is a bit of a dark horse – really looking forward to it!

Battleship’s coming out here soon, so might check that out. Oh and not forgetting The Avengers 😀

• March 30, 2012 9:42 am

You’re right, Jaina. Fast Five was a great April release last year!

Lockout reminds me so much of Escape from N.Y. LOL.

Sorry to hear The Raven didn’t do so well.

We look forward to seeing your thoughts on The Avengers a whole week early.

4. March 29, 2012 2:13 am

That’s a good looking April. Really looking forward to seeing Titanic again on the big screen. American Reunion should be fun. The Comic-Con and Marley docs both look good too.

• March 30, 2012 9:46 am

Here comes April. Sounds like you will be pretty busy! Ooh, check out the Comic-Con one and let me know your thoughts!

5. March 29, 2012 2:13 am

Oh and definitely looking forward to Cabin in the Woods too.

• March 30, 2012 9:47 am

so much seems to be so good about Cabin in the Woods. I am intrigued.

6. March 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Nothing too impressive next month, though I will probably see American Reunion and Cabin in the Woods. Can’t wait for May.

• March 30, 2012 9:49 am

May looks pretty great to me, but not a bad introductory month of April!

7. March 29, 2012 9:36 pm

The only one I’m curious about here is The Raven. I was so anticipating The Cold Light of Day w/ Henry Cavill but they changed it into a limited release. That means I might not be able to see it until Fall. Bummer!!

• March 30, 2012 9:51 am

I saw that happened to Cold Light of Day, but it doesn’t surprise me. It hasn’t been getting much marketing and kinda had that feeling to it. hmm, I hope it’s good though.