“Trailer Time Thursday!” 3.29.12

March 29, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

The Samaritan. Samuel L. Jackson stars as a recently released ex-con who, the further he tries to get away from his past, the quicker it seems to be coming back to haunt him. Watch as it seems the things he once did to others are beginning to happen to him…only, now he’s learned a few things or two. Look for it soon.

The Dictator (trailer#2). This latest for The Dictator gives a much more different look at what to expect from the latest starring controversial actor Sacha Baron Cohen. Didn’t realize there was more to the story than just his character running around being obnoxious in America. Check it out. May 11 is the date that The Dictator arrives in America. Will you be seeing it?

House at the End of the Street. Jennifer Lawrence stars in this upcoming thriller that holds a secret and is packed with intrigue and horror. An earlier homicide in a house provides an affordable place to stay for a newcomer mother and daughter to this local community. However, the history of the location ends up not being exactly history. Visit the house on September 21.

Hotel Translyvania. Adam Sandler’s upcoming animated comedy features a hotel made for monsters of folklore to relax, hidden away from the pitchforks and torches of humanity. The secret is well kept until a human stumbles upon the place looking for lodging unexpectedly. Then, host Dracula, goes to all sorts of lengths to keep the unwelcome guest in the dark. Check in to the hotel on September 21, 2012.

Safety Not Guaranteed. My words after watching this trailer: “Hey, that looks cool!” From IMDB, here is the synopsis for this highly rated June 8 release: “Three magazine employees head out on an assignment to interview a guy who placed a classified ad seeking a companion for time travel.”

The Host. Author Stephanie Meyer’s story of an alien invader who takes over a captured human while in search for the last few remaining “un-inhabited” humans in a world taken over by aliens. Check out the teaser trailer for this intriguing body-snatcher film that release on March29, 2013…exactly a year from today.

Rise of the Guardians. Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and more as you’ve never seen them before: the guardians of all the children of the world. In an effort to protect humanity from a rising evil, these icons of happiness and joy bond together to fight against a threat of all they stand for. Check out this rather impressive looking Dreamworks production that releases November 21, 2012.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

The Dark Knight Rises Lego Trailer

This is just a fun lego version of the latest trailer for the July 20 epic release of the Christopher Nolan conclusion of the Batman trilogy! I love the way in which they did this video. Check it out. Would you watch a Lego version of the film?

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Safety Not Guaranteed, Rise of the Guardians, and The Host. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, March 30, 2012:

• Wide Release: Wrath of the Titans, Goon, Bully, Intruders, and Mirror Mirror
  • Limited Release: Dark Tide and The Island President

up next: Review for Wrath of the Titans

1. March 29, 2012 9:02 am

Safety not Guaranteed could be awesome. Then again it could just get a bit soppy and end with them on the ‘launch pad’ about to time travel and leave us with the question ‘did it work?’

Still not getting my hopes up for Dictator though the trailer has its moments. Rise of the Guardians looks a bit bloody epic too! And I’ll watch that one with Lawrence cause she’s in it.

• March 30, 2012 9:48 am

I have the same thoughts on Safety Not Guaranteed.

But, hey, what a cool look at Rise of the Guardians, huh?

Not sure what to think about House at the End of the Street yet.

2. March 29, 2012 9:48 am

House at the end of Street looks intriguing. And i have a hard time getting behind anything Meyer.

• March 30, 2012 9:49 am

House has me a bit confused, honestly.

3. March 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Ok. The Dictator looks marginally better. Mainly by looking like an entirely different movie. Trailer 1 was horrible, Trailer 2 showed some promise.

The Samaritan has some potential, I just hope that that trailer didnt just spoil me!! LOL

House at the End of the Street trailer confused me. Not a good sign!

Safety Not Guaranteed – totally has an “Eternal Sunshine” vibe to it.

Hotel Translyvania looks terrible. So bad. Couldnt be less excited.

Rise of the Guardians – Whats up with Santa’s bad accent?

As always, thanks for hunting these up for me so I dont have to. I never look for trailers on the net now – unless its something I absolutely cant resist, I’m like, nah, I’ll just wait for Thursday 😀

• March 30, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah, I had to make sure it really was the same movie when I saw the Dictator’s 2nd trailer. I agree on your thoughts on the 1st one.

Thanks for always making your way here on Thursdays. Man, that’s real cool of ya. It’s nice to know.

• March 30, 2012 2:40 pm

On Santa’s accent, it’s not particularly well done, but I have to give them at least a little credit for trying for an Eastern European accent like he ought to have, since that’s where the story originated. Of course, then we have to wonder why the Easter Bunny is Australian… still looks like a potentially fun flick, though.

Hotel Transylvania isn’t wowing me either, but it at least looks palatable, which is about a 250% improvement over most Sandler projects.

No interest in anything by Cohen… this isn’t changing my mind.

The Samaritan and Safety Not Guaranteed are both looking pretty decent.

• April 3, 2012 2:46 pm

I’m with you on Cohen. I’m still not interested in his films.

and that’s a good point about the Easter Bunny! haha

4. March 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Jennifer Lawrence is looking all hot and sweaty in that trailer for House at the End of the Street ahah 😉 But yea, the story sounds totally generic. I wonder if the movie has the same structure as the trailer or not, that would make it mildly intriguing at least…

Rise of the Guardians looks pretty awesome, if you ask me.

• March 30, 2012 9:52 am

I don’t know still what to think about House, but I hope that the film has more to it than just what it offered in the trailer.

5. March 30, 2012 2:05 am

hehe I am such a big kid!!

I am completely drawn towards the two animated features here!

• March 30, 2012 9:55 am

haha. It’s okay to be a big kid. But Translyvania isn’t a hotel I’m looking forward to going to at this moment.