It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 93

April 3, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Watcher Beware has now closed with 28 votes. Be sure to visit and see the results of the poll HERE.

I wish to thank you everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and made it fun with your comments!

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Are You Ready For Some BASEBALL?”, takes a look at the Top Baseball Movies of all time. Get ready to campaign for your favorite.

Tomorrow, April 4, is the opening day for professional baseball here in the U.S. The MLB season for 2012 officially begins with the Cardinals facing off against the Miami Marlins in their brand new sports arena. With the first pitch comes the promise of thousands more to follow before the World Series.

There are tons of sports films…and with that, Tons of Baseball films. Today, what I did was narrow down your options for voting by picking movies that are truly about the sport as opposed to the sport serving as the backdrop. Therefore, you will not see films such as Hardball, The Sandlot, or The Rookie in the poll. I ask you to keep that in mind as you vote.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Today, I ask you:

Didn’t see one that should be on this list? Vote for “Other” and tell us in the comment section! Thanks for voting!

The poll closes on 4-10-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

up next: Review for Mirror Mirror

***Don’t forget: For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. April 3, 2012 8:37 am

I think I might have seen A League of their Own once upon a time but that’s it! I really enjoyed Moneyball though!

• April 3, 2012 3:12 pm

Moneyball is a great choice! as mentioned in one of these comments…I completely forgot it.

2. Castor permalink
    April 3, 2012 9:07 am

I must vote for “Other”: The Sandlot!!

• April 3, 2012 3:12 pm

haha. You’re Killing Me Smalls!

3. April 3, 2012 9:48 am

MoneyBall isn’t on here…smh. I chose A League of Their Own and MoneyBall for “Other”. That movie should have made the list for sure…well…in my opinion…lol

4. April 3, 2012 9:55 am

For as much as I love baseball, I haven’t seen quite a few of these films. I did vote for Bull Durham, though, which is pretty great. I’m also with Pete and Taj — no love for Moneyball??

• April 3, 2012 10:00 am

You know…MONEYBALL was a big oversight on my part. At least I had the foresight to put the OTHER option. Whew!

5. jackdeth72 permalink
    April 3, 2012 10:20 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I opted for John Sayle’s superb period piece and spring board for talent, ‘Eight Men Out’ and ‘Other’. Which would be ‘Bang the Drum Slowly’.

• April 3, 2012 3:14 pm

Bang the Drum Slowly! I was wondering if anyone would mention that one. Nice choice!

6. April 3, 2012 10:58 am

Eight Men out

7. sanclementejedi permalink
    April 3, 2012 5:16 pm

What no Moneyball? Just kidding I was reading all the comments lol

I went with the Natural as my first choice its a pretty amazing film and for my second choice I went with the underated Fear Strikes Out with Anthony Perkins playing Red Sox outfielder Jimmy Piersall as he has a nervous breakdown.

Love this poll by the way. I am so ready for season to start, even if Red Sox closer Andrew Bailey’s thumb injury is going to hurt my Red Sox and my fantasy team.

• April 5, 2012 2:49 am

The Natural is a fantastic choice. Can almost never go wrong with Redford. Thanks for voting.

I’m not familiar with Fear Strikes Out. I will look it up.

Sorry about your fantasy team, but I’m no Red Sox fan! haha

8. April 4, 2012 2:41 pm

Sorry I missed this poll but I’m not into baseball, the sport nor the movie 😀

• April 5, 2012 2:59 am

Does that mean you didn’t watch Moneyball?

9. April 5, 2012 1:10 am

I’m the same, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a baseball film. The closest I’ve got is probably the baseball game in The Naked Gun!

• April 5, 2012 3:15 am

man! we gotta change that! haha.

Perhaps we can get you a little closer to a baseball movie…have you never seen The Sandlot??

10. April 5, 2012 2:48 am

Think I’ve seen A League of Their Own but that’s it! Don’t mind a decent baseball movie, but for some reason, never really checked many out.

• April 5, 2012 3:20 am

It’s interesting to see how many movie lovers end up not seeing sports movies for some reason or another. Some just don’t care for them, some just forget about them, etc. It seems the sports movie genre is the one that doesn’t win the hearts of many.

11. April 8, 2012 5:38 am

I like the one with Keanu Reeves in it, I forgot the title

• April 10, 2012 12:00 pm

ooh yes! I remember. you like Hardball! a good movie, just not included on this list because Baseball serves as the backdrop as opposed to the focus.

12. April 15, 2012 8:43 pm

I’m angry at myself for being out of the loop last week and not stopping by to vote for 61*. I abandoned my favorite sports movie of all time. Shameful.

• April 16, 2012 12:13 pm

ha. it’s okay Brian. I was wondering, but then I saw on your page that you were taking a break. No worries. Glad you are back.

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 94 « The Focused Filmographer