New Posters of the Week (4/4)

April 4, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There were quite a few this week that released. 15 of them are featured below! Including a new character poster for The Avengers which features Agent Coulson!

Take a look:Β (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like The Weather Outside, The Road,Β and Safety Not Guaranteed.

Leave a comment! πŸ™‚

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. April 4, 2012 12:25 pm

Love the poster for Safety Not Guaranteed. I’d have thought we’d have moved past the idea of character posters by now though, Avengers are doing it to death and I’m sure we’ll see some for Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spiderman before they are released.

• April 5, 2012 2:55 am

Character poster do tend to be rather redundant but we are beginning to see them as much as trailers for trailers…

2. April 4, 2012 1:59 pm

Love the poster for First Position. I am a sucker for a dance film (primarily ballet).

It looks so pretty πŸ™‚

• April 5, 2012 2:55 am

isn’t it nice? Did you see PINA? the dance documentary

3. April 4, 2012 2:00 pm

Really like the First Position poster πŸ™‚ Really like ballet-orientated films!

• April 5, 2012 2:58 am

Looks great doesn’t it?

4. April 4, 2012 2:41 pm

Nice ones here T. The ‘Where Do We Go Now’ is gorgeous, as expected it’s a foreign film πŸ˜€ I quite like the SAVAGES one but seems like that style’s been done several times before. Glad to see Agent Coulson gets his own character poster for Avengers, yay!

• April 5, 2012 2:58 am

I was pretty impressed with the selection from this past week. Some pretty neat posters.

5. impsndcnma permalink
    April 4, 2012 3:44 pm

I haven’t been for this feature in a while, but these were some weak posters. Out of these I like The Road and Total Recall.

• April 5, 2012 3:03 am

really? weak posters? Seems like you’re in the minority this week Max. Even myself, when putting this together, I thought Hey, there are some pretty decent and creative posters this week. LOL.

oh well, to each their own. But that one for The Weather Outside is pretty sweet!

6. April 4, 2012 7:30 pm

I’ll say this for the Total Recall reboot: their marketing team seems to know what they’re doing. That’s a pretty cool poster there.

Safety Not Guaranteed is taking the obvious direction, but it’s obvious because it’s a good idea.

I want to like the one for Would You Rather? because it’s a kind of retro style that you don’t see much nowadays, but I don’t think they actually pulled it off very well. Doesn’t help that the movie title isn’t very good either.

The Weather Outside, on the other hand, does a different retro style and does it very well. Going to have to look that one up just to see what it’s about (which I would say is the highest praise a movie poster can be given).

The ABCs of Death is a good image, but doesn’t make me want to see the movie, if that makes sense.

And I think Avengers took their “character poster” concept a step too far here. Nobody cares about the other SHIELD agent. It almost reminds me more of the other “Avengers” — the old spy TV series — and that’s contrary to the goal here.

• April 5, 2012 3:06 am

Morgan! You impress me with your statements. As I was reading them all I could do was nod my head in agreement. You hit the nail on the head and I couldn’t agree more! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

7. paulaguthat permalink
    April 4, 2012 7:32 pm

I think the most original ones are Would You Rather and The Weather Outside. Something about The Weather Outside reminds me of a colorized classic movie. I guess it’s the guy with the hat in the shadow, together with the couple, reminds me of a flim noir, except for the color.

• April 5, 2012 3:08 am

I think The Weather Outside is pretty fascinating too!

8. April 4, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks for sharing the poster love, mate.

Ok, the highlights for me are Total Recall and Savages.

I only came across Savages this week and the cast alone blew me away, I can’t wait to see it. Salma Hayek looks great on the poster, as per usual πŸ™‚

• April 5, 2012 3:09 am

Dude, i LOVE poster!

you will often find poster love here on my page. πŸ™‚

Savages seems to be capturing a lot of people’s attention. Thanks for poppin in.

9. April 5, 2012 1:50 am

I like the poster for Savages. Might not be original but it’s got me interested. Look a hell of a lot like the poster for Babel I think.

• April 5, 2012 1:57 am

ooooh SNAP (I just said that below)…. HAHAHA

• April 5, 2012 3:17 am

Scott you make me laugh!

• April 5, 2012 3:16 am

Another vote for Savages!

10. April 5, 2012 1:57 am

The Savages one looks just like BABEL

• April 5, 2012 3:16 am

Hey Scott! I was thinking that the one for The Savages looks very similar to the one for Babel. Don’t you think? πŸ˜‰

11. April 5, 2012 2:47 am

Great selection here. For once I see some actual creativity! Safety Not Guaranteed, Would You Rather, The Weather Outside, The Road are all stand outs for me. Savages too, but it’s a style that’s been done quite a lot already.

• April 5, 2012 3:18 am

My thoughts exactly on creativity. I enjoyed this week’s choices. Thanks for checking them out!

12. April 5, 2012 7:21 am

Pretty nice posters this week. I’m quite intrigued by the last one actually. What is it from?

13. April 5, 2012 8:21 am

The one that says “Would You Rather?”

• April 5, 2012 8:25 am

a rather twisted horror movie where the main character is put through a series of dilemmas while trying to make ends meet to help support her terminally ill brother after her parents die. http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/5307

Don’t know what happened to the life insurance though. Perhaps they didn’t have any.

14. yaykisspurr permalink
    April 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Savages drew my eye right away. Though there are many great posts in this lineup! I’m intrigued by Safety Not Guaranteed and Would You Rather…Hick also is intriguing.

Of course there are others there you want to see…

Cheers πŸ™‚

• April 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Savages just kinda snuck up on everyone’s radar I think!