“Trailer Time Thursday!” 4.12.12 (UPDATED)

April 12, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Lockout. To serve as a quick refresh, Lockout, starring Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace releases this weekend. In case you forgot about this film, or what it is about, here is the trailer to remind you that something other than The Three Stooges releases this weekend in theaters. (Oh yeah, and so does Cabin in the Woods!)

The Magic of Belle Isle. Virginia Madsen and Morgan Freeman star in this story of a “washed up” writer who finds no inspiration in life until his mundane life is interrupted by a single mom of 3 wonderful girls. They are the ones who help reignite the spark of writer and love of life in his heart as he discovers the magic of Belle Isle. Coming to theaters this year, keep a lookout for this film.

A Fantastic Fear of Everything. A comedy starring Simon Pegg as a man with a highly unusual level of paranoia caused from researching crimes of the past for a source for his crime novels that he now writes. Having once been a children’s story writer, he now focuses his attention on criminal tales and fears much now as a result. I’m sure Batman’s Scarecrow would have a field day with him. Look for it on June 8.

High School. See Adrien Brody all tweeked out in this upcoming high school comedy in which would-be college attendees seek to beat the system and avoid expulsion through less than orthodox means. Ah, high school. Gotta love the schemes, plots, plans, and oftentimes failed attempts to pull them off!

Transit. After a quick switch, a family man, unawares, transports the loot from a group of bank robbers who finds him and wants the money back. Under threat of his family’s lives, the crew may just have messed with the wrong man. Transit hits theaters and on-demand during multiple times in the next few months. Look for it.

Looper (trailer’s trailer). Okay, so, later today, the full trailer for Looper, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, and Emily Blunt is set to launch. However, at the time of this post publishing, it has not launched yet. I am not a fan of trailer trailers, but this one is pretty neat because you have JGL and the director Rian Johnson explaining a few things about the film! I will have the trailer here for you later today (Gotta go to work, folks). Look for the update on THIS post later this afternoon! Meanwhile, enjoy this quick video!

UPDATED: LOOPER (First Trailer). here it is! The trailer has finally launched. Get ready for LOOPER:

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Shuffle trailer

What if every day you awoke, you were a different age? That would be trippy! Well, here is a movie that asks that very question as we follow a man who has to help someone but can’t seem to unravel the mystery behind his rather unique and unsettling situation. Watch the trailer for the film, Shuffle.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Transit, Looper, and The Magic of Belle Isle.

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, April 13, 2012:

• Wide Release: The Cabin in the Woods, Lockout, and The Three Stooges.
  • Limited Release: Woman, Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day, Detention, The Lady, and more.

1. April 12, 2012 9:38 am

Not sure I need to see Transit after watching that bloody trailer. Pretty sure it’s just told the whole story from start to finish. High School looks like a pretty funny idea but might be a bit over baked. The Magic of Belle Isle looks pretty funny! That Fantastic Fear of Everything looks absolutely nuts. Could go either way though I guess!

• April 13, 2012 10:04 am

I’m not certain about the Simon Pegg film, but I’m with you on The Magic of Belle Isle!

2. April 12, 2012 10:40 am

Can’t wait to see the trailer for Looper!!! I’m not watching those teasers to the teaser though, that’s ridiculous…

• April 13, 2012 10:05 am

the teaser trailer trend is certainly annoying, no doubt, but the one for Looper really was good in explaining a few things.

3. April 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Fantastic Fear of Everything could be good, but could also try to push itself too far (the common comedy problem of trying to convince the audience it’s funny instead of just being funny.) Transit will probably be enjoyable but nothing special from what I’m seeing there. Nothing wrong with that, though; lot of room for “just another action movie” in my viewing schedule. Waiting on the trailer for Looper. High School doesn’t seem interesting to me. Kind of wondering if the whole “high school antics” genre is completely played out… haven’t seen anything that looked interesting, well done, or different in that genre in years. Belle Island is probably well done, but probably not for me.

Shuffle looks pretty interesting, though. Since it’s low-budget and fairly short (82 minutes according to IMDb), I kind of wonder if it’ll get a wide release. But I’ll probably keep my eyes peeled for it regardless.

• April 13, 2012 10:06 am

What’s goin on Morgan!

I was glad to find the video for Shuffle, it has my attention. I like the idea.

I agree with you on Fantastic Fear of Everything. Too many comedies try to be funny instead of just being funny.

4. April 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Lockout looks brilliant, can’t wait to see it. Joseph Gilgun who plays the baddie is a great British actor. Also think Belle Island has potential but the first half, while Freeman is a bitter old man will probably be better than the second half when he seems to find his “spark” again. High School looked hilarious and Transit seemed watchable too.

Pretty good week for trailers. Don’t really understand what is going on in the Simon Pegg film though.

• April 13, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks for checking out the trailers ben! Several enjoyable ones this week.

• April 13, 2012 11:14 am

Just seen the Looper trailer too. Looks fantastic, which is good because I already had that down as one to watch from the synopsis alone.

• April 16, 2012 12:01 pm

It’s nice when you like a movie without seeing anything about it, and then the visual stuff increases that. I’m right there with you.

5. jackdeth72 permalink
    April 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

Rian Johnson directing Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt?… I’m there!

Also like Jim Caviezel in anything. So, ‘Transit’ looks like a definite film to look out for.

‘Shuffle’ looks intriguing. The goofy conspiracy theorist rich guy from ‘Bones’ is a gifted
    monologuist working beneath his talents. In a film with a weird ‘Zelig’ on B&W acid look and feel to it. This may put him on the map!

• April 13, 2012 10:07 am

glad to see you’re a big fan of Looper! I can’t wait to see it myself.

Transit reminded me a little bit of Caviezel’s character in CBS’s Person of Interest. I can’t wait to check it out.

Doesn’t Shuffle look pretty intriguing?! I look forward to checking it out.

• jackdeth72 permalink
        April 13, 2012 11:18 am

Hi, Terrence:

Has anyone else noticed that Joseph Gordon Levitt’s pistol in ‘Looper’ bears a striking resemblance to Togusa’s Mateba Autorevolver from ‘Ghost
        In The Shell’?

Caviezel has intrigued me since his idealistic bad guy in ‘Deja Vu’. His role as Reese in ‘Person of Interest’ is kind of an extension of that. With a huge dollop of Edward Woodward from the 1980s CBS show ‘The Equalizer’.

You know I’m a sucker for B&W. And ‘Shuffle’ looks to have a lot of imaginative uses of shadow and light.

• April 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I did not make that connection with “Ghost in the Shell.” I will have to look it up now.

I really enjoy Person of Interest so I have an interest already in Transit. Glad you watch it too.

Agreed on “Shuffle”

6. April 13, 2012 2:28 am

Lockout for me. Looks right up my street. 🙂

And I am so over the trailer for the trailer trend. As I am with Ambiguous Endings….

• April 13, 2012 10:08 am

hahaha. You said it right my friend.

Well, I hope you enjoy Lockout. I will be seeing it this weekend.

7. April 13, 2012 4:57 am

Forget everything – it’s all about Looper for me! Even with JGL’s Bruce Willis’d face!

I do think I’ll be checking out Lockout here when it’s out next week. It just looks so ridiculously stupid, I might just enjoy it.

• April 13, 2012 10:08 am