New Posters of the Week (4/13)

April 13, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including the first teaser poster for Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Django Unchained, The Host, and Safety Not Guaranteed.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. April 13, 2012 9:19 am

Django Unchained is great. Though, it’s a style of film poster I’m beginning to get used to. Even then, it’s always incredibly eye catching.

• April 13, 2012 10:09 am

You’re right. The style is getting used a lot lately, but it really works well for this one!

2. April 13, 2012 9:26 am

Love it that the title is left of the django poster. Love that Sacha Baron Cohen gets his name at the top of the Dictator poster. The Magic of Belle Isle just doesn’t target me at all but actually that trailer looked kind of sweet so I’m glad I watched it.

• April 13, 2012 10:09 am

Yes, it is a nice touch that they left out the title.

Thanks for stopping in and checking out the trailers of the week!

3. jackdeth72 permalink
    April 13, 2012 11:04 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

‘Cosmopolis’ has a nice ‘American Psycho’ look and feel to it.

Also like the creepy look of ‘The Host’.

• April 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Hey Jack! sorry for the delay, Hope your weekend was great.

Cosmopolis does indeed have a feel of “American Psycho” doesn’t it?

I hope that I can like The Host much more than Stephanie Meyers Twilight stuff.

4. April 13, 2012 12:03 pm

The poster for The Host, just like its trailer, still looks like a contact lens promo! LOVE that one for COSMOPOLIS though. Curious to see how R-Patz fare under Cronenberg’s direction!

Happy Friday T!

• April 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks for checking out the posters Ruth! Sorry for my delayed response. I stayed off the grid for the majority of the weekend! Hope your weekend was great!

5. yaykisspurr permalink
    April 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Cosmopolis looks intriguing and character centered. Cheers

• April 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Greetings! have you seen the trailer for Cosmopolis? I am interested in your thoughts.

6. April 13, 2012 8:27 pm

You know… if the marketing team just left “Stephanie Meyer” off all the promo materials for The Host, I’d probably have it pegged as something to watch by now.

• April 16, 2012 12:05 pm

hahaha. I couldn’t agree more. I was talking about that with someone the other day. I just hope it is far better than her other material.

7. April 14, 2012 1:11 am

I love that Morgan Freeman is starring on a movie again, though I’ve never heard of it until I see it now in your post. Cosmopolis poster looks great. Pattinson seem to be working a little bit hard post Twilight? Nice posters, thanks for sharing them.

• April 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks for stopping in to see them. I am always glad to see Morgan Freeman on the big screen.

and yes, Pattinson seems to really be trying to push away from his vampire stigma. I hope he succeeds…for his sake.

8. April 14, 2012 11:21 am

The poster for Django is pretty awesome. Intriguing and very much in the style you would expect from a Tarantino movie. Really looking forward to the movie with that cast!

• April 16, 2012 12:07 pm

the cast is so full of experience. I am interested as well. Was glad to see the style of the poster.

9. April 15, 2012 9:59 am

Django is the best poster of all

• April 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Knew you would like it. It’s pretty neat, huh?

• April 17, 2012 7:06 am

simple and captivating 🙂

Btw, I have just reviewed The Raid, would love to know what you think

• April 17, 2012 10:32 am

I will be visiting today. Thank you for telling me. It is my day off and that means I get to visit everyone’s pages and catch up. See ya later today! 🙂

• April 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I just visited and commented. Thank you so much for telling me!

10. sanclementejedi permalink
    April 15, 2012 10:57 am

So where is that poster for Moonrise Kingdom that I saw this week? That would be my fav, although that Django is a close second.

• April 16, 2012 12:09 pm

You know, I saw that one a little too late. Thank you for mentioning it. I liked it as well, I really do, but it looked too much like the first one. Love the style, but wouldn’t mind seeing an alternate.