It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 95

April 17, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, SciFi Fanatics! has now closed with 52 votes. Be sure to visit and see which scifi movie is ranked #1 among the voters HERE.

I wish to thank you everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and made it fun with your comments!

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Choosy With Trilogies”, takes a look at several popular trilogies in film!

Photo Courtesy Yahoo! Movies

Below you will find a slideshow of the 10 trilogies that often make lists of some of the best trilogies of cinematic lore. Movies series which would seemingly be incomplete without each installment being a part of the tale. You may or may not find your favorite on this list…that’s okay, there is an “other” option. If you choose that option, you must leave a comment explaining your choice and why it should be included.

Notice…there is no Matrix, Transformers, Spider-Man, Blade, Alvin & the Chipmunks, or even Austin Powers on this list. Not even Beverly Hills Cop! They are excluded for a reason. Oceans barely made it on my list, but it did because…even with Ocean’s 12, I still find them to be most enjoyable. All 3. I really can’t say that about the exclusions I listed.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Today, I ask you:

Let me know in the comment section! Thanks for voting!

The poll closes on 4-24-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

up next: Review for Lockout

***Don’t forget: For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. April 17, 2012 10:43 am

for me, TLOTR has no competition there 😉

I have made top 5 trilogy once and TLOTR is on number, Alien, matrix and terminator are also there…I forgot the other one

• April 17, 2012 10:44 am

ups, I mean number 1

• April 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Haha, it seems that many people agree with you on LOTR!

2. April 17, 2012 11:07 am

I vote LOTR and I am withdrawing my second vote because I’m deeply saddened (to the point of sobbing quietly) that Back to the Future is not here! Probably my favourite trilogy of all time. Perfection (except maybe the flying train). I’m also very very fond of the first three Die Hards though they could kind of stand alone to an extent. BTTF is just perfect storytelling from start to finish. Great characters, great fun and white knuckle set pieces in the first and third particularly.

• April 17, 2012 11:13 am

PETE! I owe you the biggest apology! BTTF was on my poll, but for some reason it got taken off. A few tech issues this morning. It was on my list. You can see that by it also being in the picture slideshow!

major faux paus. I will fix that right away! Because I had it there, but not sure what happened. The same problem happened for me with the “Other” option earlier. I wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t said something. So thank you!

• April 17, 2012 11:27 am

Phew! I’ll stop sobbing now!

• April 17, 2012 8:14 pm

🙂 haha! that’s too funny!

3. April 17, 2012 11:18 am

I went with Indiana Jones and Star Wars. It’s probably because I connected with them as a kid. I thought about choosing Nolan’s Batman, but I didn’t think it worked because we haven’t seen the third one yet. My runner-up was Lord of the Rings.

• April 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Indiana jones! yes.

man! I almost got you to pick a trilogy that hasn’t released yet! so close! haha

4. April 17, 2012 11:50 am

Surprisingly difficult little question today.

The inclusion of the third film excludes the Godfathers – otherwise it’d get my vote. Had to go chalk.

LOTR and Star Wars

• April 17, 2012 8:17 pm

I had a reader tell me today that Star Wars didn’t belong because it is just one long movie split into three films, while other true trilogies are 3 individual stories. I then reminded him that he said LOTR was the best trilogy of all time…which…is “one long story split into three films.” haha. The goal through all 3 films: destroy the ring!

Thought this story was fun and you’d appreciate it! 😀

5. yaykisspurr permalink
    April 17, 2012 1:19 pm

I’m odd…I chose Toy Story and Back to the Future. Though I do love the Die Hard suggestion in the comments. hehe. Cheers!

• April 17, 2012 8:18 pm

nothing wrong with your choices. and, yes, Die Hard (minus the 4th one) is a good choice! Thanks for voting today!

6. Chad permalink
    April 17, 2012 1:27 pm

2 George Lucas trilogies?! Come on. The newest Star Wars ruined the originals. Same goes for Crystal Skull

• April 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes sir. 2! That’s why you will notice that the poll options state “Star Wars (original trilogy)” and “Indiana Jones (excluding Crystal Skull)” Because I agree with you! although, I wouldn’t say it was the newest Star Wars that ruined the originals as much as just George Lucas ruined the originals with all of the editing, etc.

• Jazz Worthing permalink
        April 17, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree…look at the 2 best SW movies and Lucas isn’t the DIRECTOR!!! That should tell you something right there! Thanks for the galaxy far far away..but keeps your butt away from the camera.

• April 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Jazz Worthing! So great to see you hear once again! thanks for voting and commenting today.

In regards to your George Lucas comment, I say “Ditto!” 😀

7. April 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Well, you know 1 of my picks already – The Lord of the Rings 😀 – but I’m torn for my second choice. Star Wars has taken it but Jurassic Park and Bourne nearly had it!

Sorry I’ve been absent for a while T, I’ve been all over the place recently because I’m starting a new job on Monday and moving house this weekend. Will be back blogging properly soon 😀

• April 17, 2012 8:23 pm

I wasn’t sure if you would pick The Lord of the Rings or not! 😉 haha j/k.

I was really curious about your 2nd pick. I had you pegged to choose Jurassic Park. ha. you surprised me. nice!

Congrats on your new job. No worries on “being absent”. My page is still here and will be when you have the time. Trust me, I speak for all of us bloggers when I say I understand. Life happens. I sometimes feel that I am the epitome of “busy”. I usually have to spend my day off catching up with everyone’s pages, because I am often waaay too busy the rest of the week.

so, don’t fret! We look forward to your regular return! in the mean time, good luck in all your ventures and congrats!

8. April 17, 2012 3:05 pm

I think that the only two really perfect trilogys on the list and that is Indy and Toy Story. I don’t think there is a considerable dip in quality between any of those films. Can we really vote as to whether Nolan’s Batman is the best trilogy without seeing the third?

• April 17, 2012 8:25 pm

haha. another voter who saw through my slight attempt at getting votes for a film that hasn’t released yet. I was wondering if anyone would give Nolan the benefit of the doubt and just vote for him anyways! 🙂

Great choices in Indy and Andy! Thanks for voting.

9. shortymagordy permalink
    April 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I would like to vote for Batman, but I need to see the last one before I can make that decision 🙂

• April 17, 2012 8:27 pm

hahaha. well, you are too smart for me to fool! Batman can’t really be on this list, can it?

which ones did you vote for?

10. TheSilkSpectre permalink
    April 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Wow. Way to make it difficult, best friend!

• April 17, 2012 8:28 pm

hehehe. a lot of fun today, huh? Thanks for voting, best friend!

11. April 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Whoah, this is a tough one but since I haven’t seen TDKR, I went with Toy Story and LOTR, especially the latter. Can’t wait for The Hobbit already! 😀

Nice poll, T!

• April 17, 2012 8:30 pm

ha! Thanks Ruth! and thanks for voting today. Glad to see another vote for Toy Story.

12. April 17, 2012 8:39 pm

LOTR was pretty epic but Star Wars was part of my childhood.
    I have on my to-do list to watch the Toy Story trilogy as a marathon.

• April 18, 2012 10:34 am

TS trilogy as a marathon would be fun! I haven’t thought about doing that.

I got a little sad about Star Wars when I watched all 6 back to back. the transition (or lack thereof) between episode 3 and episode 4 was really bad. I don’t think you will have that problem with TS though.

13. April 18, 2012 2:13 am

This was a hard one to pick. Ended up picking Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings…

• April 18, 2012 10:31 am

BTTF is a good choice. I think a lot of these are good choices so, I wouldn’t fault you for any of the ones you picked! Thanks for voting my friend!

14. April 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Tough poll! I went with Toy Story (all three are probably 9/10s in my book) and Batman (I have a feeling The Dark Knight Rises won’t disappoint!).

• April 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I am glad to see someone bold enough to vote for a trilogy that hasn’t fully released yet! That’s good work there!

15. April 19, 2012 2:04 am

Tough vote!

Went for LOTR and The Bourne series. Was looking at 3 films where the quality just doesn’t drop and these two really did it for me. Was leaning towards BTTF and Star Wars, but wanted to give the underdog a try 😉

• April 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Bourne is a good choice. Sorry George Lucas. haha

• April 23, 2012 1:59 am

Don’t apologise to the bearded one, he needs to apologise to the rest of the world!

• April 23, 2012 10:06 am

hahaha. TRUE STORY!

16. impsndcnma permalink
    April 19, 2012 9:34 am

You know some of these Trilogies have gotten featured at my site for Trilogy Thursday’s! There was supposed to be a new one today, but they will be delayed until the first week of May. For this I picked LOTR and Toy Story. Those are the two most complete trilogies in my mind.

• April 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Max, I thought of both you and Claire immediately while making this poll. I was anxious to hear what your thoughts would be here. We look forward to the next installment of Trilogy Thursdays!

17. April 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Hey, what about the second Star Wars trilogy?! Or as I like to call it, “The REAL Star Wars Trilogy.”

Obviously I’m kidding and if I ever seem like I mean a statement like that, I’d like all of my blogging friends to take turns punching me in the eye.

I voted Star Wars and LOTR. Really tough to exclude Toy Story for me but thems the breaks.

• April 20, 2012 7:48 pm

haha. I would be first in line ready to punch you my friend! It’s all about punching sense into your head! hahaha.

Obviously I’m kidding.

Poor Toy Story missing out.