New Posters of the Week (4/17)

April 17, 2012

Greetings! While I am still finalizing my review for Lockout starring Guy Pearce, (You won’t want to miss it.), take a moment to enjoy some of the posters that have launched in the past few days.

We just looked at new posters 4 days ago, but during that time, more than 15 new posters have released.

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including the first teaser poster for Wreck-It Ralph, and a new poster for Snow White & the Huntsman.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Follow Me, Snow White & the Huntsman, and The Raven (international).

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. April 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Great list of posters this week, T!

Ok, my favourites and Spider-Man, Snow White & The Huntsman, and …. LOL

I added LOL because if you judge it from a poster only perspective it’s a striking poster and will definitely and gain the attention of most.

As for Spider-Man, I think it’s my favourite poster from the marketing for the movie! Love the reflection in the eyes!

SW&TH looks great! It’s too bad that the weak part of the poster is Kristen Stewart with her apparent disdain for everyone else on the poster!

It’s a strong week for posters!

• April 18, 2012 10:33 am

Man, that Spider-Man one is nice to see. I particularly enjoy the fact that they have him in full suit with the mask on. Raimi seemed obsessed with shots of Tobey with the mask off. in the posters of his trilogy as well. I like Spider-Man more than Peter Parker. ha.

lots of good posters this week, and I expect there to be a whole lot more this week as well.

thanks for checking them out and commenting/sharing!

2. April 18, 2012 2:46 am

I like the Wreck it Ralph and Spiderman ones. At least you know exactly what you’re getting with Piranha 3DD

• April 18, 2012 10:30 am

I like the idea behind the Wreck it Ralph one, and the fact that it teases and draws on the 8-bit love of the fans. I see it as being slightly lazy though. For a movie that is releasing soon this year, I hope to see something different in the near future in terms of posters.

3. April 18, 2012 3:12 am

HAHA I was for some reason drawn to the Piranha 3DD one….. I really do not know why!

• April 18, 2012 10:29 am

I think it’s because you saw your reflection in those cool sunglasses. That must be it!

4. impsndcnma permalink
    April 18, 2012 8:56 am

I really like that Piranha 3DD poster. I mean…caught red handed! Other than that the Raven international and Moonrise Kingdom posters are kind of cool.

• April 18, 2012 10:29 am

lol. haha that one’s getting a lot of unexpected attention. Not sure why. haha

5. April 18, 2012 10:06 am

How are we supposed to pronounce Piranha 3DD? Piranha Three Double D? Is it a boob joke?

• April 18, 2012 10:27 am

I think you have it right…on all counts

6. April 18, 2012 12:39 pm

I think my fave from this week is FOLLOW ME. I saw the trailer and it looked heart-breaking.

Btw, I did a poster post today too, haven’t done that in ages. I was wondering if you’d have that one here also 😀

• April 20, 2012 7:36 pm

I saw your poster post. Thanks for alerting me about it. Sorry I missed that poster.

7. yaykisspurr permalink
    April 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Definately Snow White & The Huntsman!

• April 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Great choice! 🙂

8. Paula permalink
    April 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I was for some reason drawn to the Cold Light of Day one…I really do not know why! 😉 The one I really want to talk about is Moonrise Kingdom. I just knew it was a Wes Anderson film, even though I’d never heard of it before. The type and imagery, though not identical to his other films’ posters, just signalled Wes Anderson. It’s not branding in the conventional sense of the term, but it’s something like it. I’m not sure if he’d be thrilled or horrified.

• April 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Um, is it because of the gorgeous Henry Cavill? 😉

• April 20, 2012 7:46 pm

😀

• Paula permalink
        April 20, 2012 9:42 pm

yes. totally. although the clip i saw was pretty good 🙂

• April 20, 2012 7:37 pm

hahaha. I laughed at Ruth’s reply to your comment. ha.

You picked out Wes Anderson? That’s sweet! I think he’d be impressed!

• Paula permalink
        April 20, 2012 9:44 pm

LOL i’m getting a bit predictable maybe 😉

i hope he would be? i like a lot of his movies. Even Life Aquatic 🙂

• April 23, 2012 9:55 am

EVEN Life Aquatic? That’s cool. I’m glad, because I couldn’t sit through it, but felt that it was still a bold style that should be appreciated by some!

9. todayiwatchedamovie permalink
    April 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I love movie posters! Most of this batch is great, except that uninspired poster for Take This Waltz.

• April 20, 2012 7:38 pm

as do I. Movie posters are great modern art in my opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Appreciate it.

10. April 20, 2012 8:39 am

It seems like forever waiting for Amazing Spiderman, every images or posters of it looks great. I look forward for Moonrise Kingdom. And whatever Marion Cotillard starred in. Nice variety of posters here, Terrence.

• April 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks for stopping in and visiting today. I love posters and enjoyed the ones you mentioned here!

11. April 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Love the Wreck it Ralph poster. Always like “teaser posters” that don’t even tell you the title of the film. Just a general idea of what to expect from the film.

• April 23, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks for stopping in and commenting Ben. Man, I love posters. You ought to see my personal collection. ha. Do you collect posters?

• April 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I don’t but I have been tempted. Wouldn’t know where to start though!!

• April 24, 2012 10:19 pm

ha. Start with the next one that captures your interest and go from there! 🙂