It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 96

April 24, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Choosy With Trilogies has now closed with 75 votes. WOW! Be sure to visit and see which movie trilogy is ranked #1 among the voters HERE. One trilogy ended up with 0 votes even!

I wish to thank you everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and made it fun with your comments!

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “In Nolan We Trust”, takes a look at the formidable director Christopher Nolan’s career.

With 5 out of his 7 full-length feature films currently on IMDB’s Top 250 films of all time, director Christopher Nolan’s following exploded exponentially after Batman Begins brought a whole new amount of fans to the Batman franchise. But Nolan, while known for Batman, has done other films that also have impressively succeeded. While looking at his filmography, I was realizing that amount of sheer talent that Nolan surrounds himself with and chooses to involve in his films.

Take a look at just the actors that he has worked with in 7 films (not even counting the soon to be released The Dark Knight Rises):

Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Heath Ledger, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Katie Holmes, Tom Wilkinson, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart, Gary Oldman, Pete Postlethwaite, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson, Robin Williams, Hilary Swank, Al Pacino, Carrie-Anne Moss, Guy Pearce, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and many more. WOW!

Nominated for 4 Oscars, but still waiting to receive one (Was snobbed at the 83rd Academy Awards and received no nomination for best director for Inception), Nolan presses on, determined to bring great films full of character and intrigue.

Known for working with a lot of the same characters and with family members (his wife and brother often work on screenplay and more with him), Christopher Nolan continues to impress. Check out this bit of trivia I found over at IMDB’s page on Nolan:

Following Insomnia, his next project was going to be a Howard Hughes biopic starring Jim Carrey. Nolan had the screenplay written (calling it “one of the best things I’ve ever written”), but once it became apparent Martin Scorsese was making his own Hughes biopic The Aviator (2004), Nolan reluctantly tabled his script and took up directing Batman Begins (2005).

Wow. I’d love to see THAT movie!

Well, today’s poll may not be all too easy for you. Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors, and, today, I want to know from you:

Whew, okay, you made your choice. The torture is over! 🙂 Thanks for voting!

The poll closes on 5-1-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. April 24, 2012 10:18 am

Very tricky but have to go with the mind-blowing Memento. Inception and Dark Knight close behind though.

• April 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Ooh a fine choice!

2. April 24, 2012 10:42 am

I went with Memento even though I could’ve easily went with Dark Knight or Inception. Some would argue that perhaps his creativity has been diminished with these superhero films, but I still think they are interesting endevors.

• April 24, 2012 10:23 pm

I was wondering just how many votes would go to Memento! Thanks for voting today. Poll stays open through next tues

3. April 24, 2012 11:07 am

The Man has done some epic pieces of film, can’t wait for dark night rises. close choose between inception and the dark night 🙂

• April 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks for stopping in and voting Tim!

4. April 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Nice poll T, it’s down to the two Batman films for me but I picked Batman Begins. I’m curious how TDKR will stack up with the first two!

P.S. I’ll also have a TDKR/Avengers-related post coming shortly 😉

• April 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks for checking it out, voting, sharing it, and commenting today! Appreciate it.

I can’t wait to read your TDKR/Avengers post!

5. April 24, 2012 3:56 pm

It’s got to be The Dark Knight simply because I’m a huge Batman fan and he finally put a convincing and accurate Batman on the screen. It was a close pick with Inception which seems to be the best, original movie I’ve seen in a long while.

• April 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Nolan did make the whole Batman legacy seem quite plausible didn’t he?

and Inception was super original. Loved it. Thanks for voting.

6. Ted S. permalink
    April 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Love his Batman films and I would’ve voted for The Dark Knight but the ferry sequence in that film really bugged the heck out of me so I went with Memento. Batman Begins great but it also had a few sequences that bugged me.

Can’t wait for The Dark Knight Rises and hopefully he’ll jump back into developing The Prisoner for the big screen again.

• April 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Ted! I hear what you’re saying on TDK and BB. It never really bothered me too much though.

Thanks for voting. I’m not familiar with The Prisoner. I will have to look that up.

7. April 25, 2012 12:57 am

I voted for The Prestige. I really love the atmosphere of it…

• April 26, 2012 8:54 pm

ah! I, too, very much enjoyed The Prestige. The look and feel of the film really added to the film!

8. April 25, 2012 2:45 am

I voted for Memento, as it is still firmly up there in my all time list (in my brain that is)

• April 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Another vote for Memento! ha. Thanks Scott for rolling through and voting today

9. April 25, 2012 10:14 am

The only one I haven’t seen is Insomnia…I like the rest of them….aaaarrrggghhh tough choice!!!

• April 25, 2012 10:56 am

Insomnia is great Nov, it’s quite underrated amongst his work but Pacino and Robin Williams are great in it, very intriguing story.

• April 25, 2012 11:06 am

Will look for it once I have finished downloading ALL benny’s movies 🙂

• April 26, 2012 8:56 pm

hehe! it’s fun seeing everyone choose from the tough choices. 🙂

10. April 25, 2012 11:18 am

Memento for me

• April 26, 2012 9:03 pm

another vote for Memento! Nice choice! Thanks Julian

11. April 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Tough poll indeed, but I had to go with The Prestige. Really blew me away when I finally saw it last year.

• April 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Ooh, The Prestige wins another vote. Excellent choice Eric. Did you guess the ending reveal?

• April 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Nope, and that’s a big reason why I loved it so much. 😀

• April 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Yes. So, what you’re saying is: you weren’t “watching closely!” 😉

• April 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Haha. Precisely.

12. Jaina permalink
    April 26, 2012 1:46 am

Decided to go for Inception. But it was tough. I think Dark Knight is an amazing film. Chris Nolan brought everything from Begins and just loaded it up even more. While it’s a universe he has shaped into his own vision, it’s not something he created as such. (My logic defies logic!)

Went for Inception as it was a completely original concept. He took what he’s learnt in Memento, Prestige, Begins and Dark Knight and created an impeccable sci-fi flick with a huge heart.

• April 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Good reasoning for your choice of Inception. I tend to agree with you about Inceptions originality. I loved it.

1. Avengers Week: #6 of #10- Time to Vote Tuesday #97 « The Focused Filmographer