New Posters of the Week (4/26)

April 26, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

After looking at some great trailers earlier today, it is time to look at some posters!

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including a promotional poster for Prometheus.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? A rather lackluster collection in my opinion today, but I personally like Virginia, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and Byzantium.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. April 26, 2012 7:43 pm

I completely agree with you, no standouts here, though another site featured the Cowgirls N Angels poster and completely lambasted it for being an awful 90’s cliche.

• April 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Yeah. a kinda “bleah” set of posters, admittedly. hahaha. That’s pretty funny about Cowgirls. LOL. I can see that.

2. April 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Nothing catches my eye from this week. The previous posters for Vampire Hunter are far more compelling than this new one.

• April 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Good point. The first posters for AL:VH were far better, but it’s still one of the better ones of this group…that’s not saying too too much though.

3. April 27, 2012 2:12 am

Love the Prometheus poster and the new Dictator one (but I’m still far from convinced about the movie). Also the Byzantium one looks cool but I can’t remember a damn thing about the film itself.

• April 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Byzantium is the one that strikes me the most! ha. and I forgot what it was about as well! But the poster is cool. Stylish!

4. April 27, 2012 8:13 am

I like Sparkle and Never Stand Still. This is the first movie poster I’ve seen for Sparkle. Im excited about the movie after seeing the trailer. This poster is my favorite. But of course I think Im biased just because of the Whitney Houston factor…

• April 27, 2012 7:50 pm

yeah, I hadn’t seen a poster for Sparkle before either. Glad I could be one to show it to you first!

5. April 27, 2012 8:28 am

All a bit blah. Well, Prometheus’ David is pretty cool. Or maybe the word is weird.

• April 27, 2012 7:51 pm

haha. yeah. Not a very good week for posters. Perhaps next week will be better.

Hey, Jania! Did you get to see the new trailer for TDKR before The Avengers?

6. April 28, 2012 12:46 pm

As much as I hate “Character posters,” the Prometheus one is a great idea! I also still stand by the fact that if Neighborhood Watch is actually any good, they shouldn’t make Ghostbusters 3!

• April 28, 2012 6:32 pm

I like the Prometheus one too, I must admit, but I am still just really looking forward to watching the film!