New Posters of the Week (5/11)

May 11, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including the 3 new character posters for The Amazing Spider-Man.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Snow White & the Huntsman, Killer Joe, and The Lizard’s character poster for The Amazing Spider-Man.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. May 11, 2012 10:52 am

Good choices! I’m right with you on The Lizard’s poster and that’s another good one for SWATH. But top marks to Prometheus for just being consistently so damn awesome in it’s marketing.

• May 15, 2012 9:54 am

Pete. Sorry for my delayed response over the weekend. Yeah, The Lizard’s is pretty cool to me. But you’re right about Prometheus. I am super excited to watch it.

2. May 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Both the GI:JOE posters have the worst photoshopping I have ever seen! I also wish they’d stop with character posters unless they are going to do something clever with them instead. Ruby Sparks, Killer Joe and This is 40 would catch my attention though. Another good posters post!

• May 15, 2012 9:58 am

YES! I’m glad someone mentioned the photoshopping in those posters! Thank you Ben.

I liked character posters when they started coming out a bit more, but now I must admit I grow tired of the character posters followed by the international character posters followed by a 2nd round of character posters that are basically the reverse pose of the first ones, etc.

Thanks for checking out the posters this week.

3. May 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Hmmm, nothing particularly strikes me this week. The Prometheus one looks VERY creepy though, in a good way 🙂

• May 15, 2012 9:59 am

Prometheus. man, I’ve got to watch Alien and Aliens again here soon just to get even more ready and hyped up. Can’t wait for June 8

4. May 14, 2012 2:15 am

As you know matey I am not really a fan of the movie poster… But I do like minimalist ones.

Happy Monday (now)

• May 15, 2012 9:59 am

🙂 Scott! Thanks for still poppin in to see the posters. I appreciate ya. Hope you had a great weekend my friend!

5. May 15, 2012 9:41 am

The Argo poster doesn’t do it justice…

BUT PROMETHEUS!!! I can’t wait for that film…

• May 15, 2012 10:06 am