New Posters of the Week (5/17)

May 17, 2012

Greetings! Earlier we looked at some great trailers for upcoming movies…

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including the first poster for 007: Skyfall, two new posters for The Amazing Spider-Man that are pretty neat, and a new “spoilerific??” poster for Prometheus.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like The Amazing Spider-Man, 007: Skyfall, and Prometheus.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. May 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Skyfall and Prometheus for me, thanks 🙂

• May 18, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for checking them out! I like the choices you made too. Good posters this week.

2. May 18, 2012 8:19 am

That Anchorman teaser poster may be the best teaser poster ever.

Clever as hell.

• May 18, 2012 11:33 am

It is an awesome poster. Agreed. It tells so much to be excited for with so little.

3. jackdeth72 permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:19 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

Still don’t know why Sony wants to go basically back to square one with a proven franchise in ‘Spider Man’. Then turn it into an overblown CGI fest. Cool looking posters, though.

Looking forward to ‘Prometheus’, ‘Ted’ and ‘A Dame to Kill For’.

• May 18, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Jack! In response to the reboot, you should check out an article I wrote almost a year ago in defense of it here: https://thefocusedfilmographer.com/2011/07/27/the-amazing-spiderman-an-argument-for-the-reboot/

I am super excited for it myself!

Thanks for checking out the posters. I like A Dame to Kill For too!

4. May 18, 2012 11:33 am

Love that Prometheus poster! And really excited for Anchorman 2 😀

• May 18, 2012 11:36 am

You and I both my friend!

5. May 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Loads of good ones this week. Imagine if you hadn’t known Anchorman was coming and that poster broke the news! It’s an incredible poster! I love the Spiderman one from the point of view of him swinging, great idea and Prometheus just needs to hurry up and be released before they show us the whole film in trailers first.

• May 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Man, I just want to watch Prometheus that I am pretty much avoiding a lot of the promo stuff for it now! ha.

6. May 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Skyfall and Prometheus for me. Nothing else matters!

• May 18, 2012 8:30 pm

I’d almost say Right On to that…but you left out Spider-Man… :-/

haha! 🙂

7. yaykisspurr permalink
    May 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Prometheus and the Spiderman posters are pretty wow! Cheers 🙂

• May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

I am so excited for those two! Thanks for checking out the posters as usual. appreciate it.