It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 100

May 22, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Wondrous Women has now closed with 69 votes. Be sure to visit and see which woman you voted as the most plausible to play as Wonder Woman in a DC Comics movie featuring the Amazing Amazon!

The winner won by a LANDSLIDE! Click HERE.

I wish to thank you everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and made it fun with your comments!

Today is “Time to Vote Tuesday!” Number 100!!! Wow, we’ve had some pretty fun polls over the past 100 weeks. Thank you for all of your participation over the past 2 years.

(Stay tuned…Friday, May 25th is the TWO-YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this site!)

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Tough Choices”, we take a look at some of my favorite actors in Hollywood.

Denzel Washington (2-time Academy Award Winner), Samuel L. Jackson (Academy Award Nominee), Will Smith (2-time Academy Award Nominee), and Morgan Freeman (Academy Award Winner)!

All of them have done some amazing work on the big screen. Some of it, underrated. Some of it, ridiculous. Some of it, very stirring and powerful. And I enjoy watching a lot of the work that all of them have done.

Today I ask you to join in a debate and discuss a difficult question:

That’s Right! I’m making  you choose! A tough choice indeed. I have NO idea who you will all pick as the winner, but you are encouraged to leave your reasons and debates in the COMMENT SECTION!

I can’t wait to see the results next week!

The poll closes on 5-29-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” Please be sure to share it with your friends!

***Don’t forget: For additional polls, updates, trailers, news, and more, become a fan/follower on Facebook and Twitter.

1. megman permalink
    May 22, 2012 10:21 am

easy… “You want my blood!!! Take my blood!!!” =)

• May 22, 2012 10:27 am

haha! I put that movie in the list specifically for you my friend!!

2. May 22, 2012 11:06 am

Evil, evil, pure evil making us make a choice! I had to go with Denzel because ultimately I think he does the best job at melting/transforming into his roles. I most often forget that he is Denzel in his roles, more so than the other 3.

• May 22, 2012 11:38 am

mwahahaha! 😀 You must choose!!

Thanks for voting today and commenting. Denzel is a great choice

3. May 22, 2012 11:26 am

Got to be Freeman. But to be fair I haven’t seen the best of Washington’s roles. I’ve seen him play the same character in too much corny crap he’s done with Tony Scott recently.

• May 22, 2012 11:38 am

yeah, Tony Scott seems to always love putting Denzel in trains. LOL

4. May 22, 2012 11:33 am

I think Will Smith is a great actor, but I still think he has a way to go to be put in the same category as the other 3. My overall choice was Denzel. His work in Glory should have earned him an oscar not Training Day, although he was also great in this movie. I think Denzel has the strongest and most consistent resume of work by far.

• May 22, 2012 11:37 am

but, he did win an Oscar for Glory. “Best Supporting Actor”.

Man, I really loved that movie. whew!

thanks for voting/commenting today!

• May 22, 2012 2:39 pm

He did? Dang why was I thinking Training Day was his first. ~head in the clouds~…well good to have that cleared up. All is right with the world now…lol

• May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

hooray! 🙂

Well, you’re still right. Training Day was his first for Actor in a Leading Role!

5. May 22, 2012 11:51 am

Y’know, as opposed to the others on the list, Will is beginning to wear on me. I’ll probably see MiB3 this weekend, but I longer have that same anticipation I once had with the actor. Thanks, T.

• May 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Thank you for stopping in and voting. Are you at least excited for MIB3?

• May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I’m more curious than excited about MiB3. But, I’m sure the studio will kindly allow me to purchase a ticket, anyways ;-).

6. May 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Had to come by for number 100! congrats on keeping it going for so long.

• May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks a bunch Max! 🙂

7. May 22, 2012 3:46 pm

I’ve got to go Denzel because I genuinely don’t know the last time I saw him in a bad film. They aren’t all brilliant but he’s a perfect example of an actor that only makes films that seem to interest him or have some credibility about them. Something that unfortunately can’t be said for Samuel L Jackson who seems to make some very random film choices!

• May 23, 2012 10:00 am

another vote for Denzel. Ya know, I really like Samuel L. Jackson and defend his movie choices. As mentioned in response to drkaman, he does roles that he loves simply because he loves them and helps bring more attention to films from filmmakers that, otherwise, may not get any funding or appreciation.

8. drkaman permalink
    May 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Sam is definitely hard working but, I have seen him in quite a few bad movies. Being in more movies than the rest doesn’t make you the best. Will Smith is very popular and I like him a lot but he is not in the same category in my opinion. The tough choice was between Denzel and Morgan for me. I love them both. And notice they are the 2 of the 4 that are academy award winners, lol. I ultimately went with Denzel. His performance in training day was exceptional in my opinion. I had never seen him play the bad guy and man did he play it!! Then you have the bone collector, fallen, glory, man on fire, the list goes on. Denzel for sure.

• May 23, 2012 9:57 am

The thing I like about Jackson is that he is in so many movies because of his love for acting. Yeah, some of his movies are cheesy, but he takes the roles that he does if he finds something in the character that he enjoys and then fully buys into it, regardless of what others think. Solely because of his love to be a part of movies. I respect that.

But, yes, Denzel and Morgan (and Will) are all other great choices. I def understand your ballot being cast for Mr. Washington. Which of his is your absolute favorite?

9. May 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Really tough call, but I went with Freeman here. I must say it’s a bit funny to see Will Smith without any votes. 🙂

• May 23, 2012 9:53 am

I was sad to see Smith start out with nada, but he is no longer without votes!

10. May 23, 2012 12:33 am

Didn’t even have to think about this one. Went with Jackson. There’s a reason I had put him in my best actors of all time list 🙂

• May 23, 2012 9:52 am

I had a feeling you might. The man is truly one of the hardest working men in Hollywood with a passion for acting.

11. May 23, 2012 3:03 am

Well, I’ve given Big Willie a vote. I think they’re all fantastic actors, but I’ve been more surprised and entertained by Will Smith’s range than any of the others. The other actors are brilliant but they have their “niche” roles. Will Smith’s gone from the Fresh Prince to a Bad Boy via Ali to the Pursuit of Happyness.

• May 23, 2012 9:49 am

FINALLY! Someone gave the Fresh Prince a vote. hooray. Thank you Jaina. I agree with you in your reasoning here. At least Smith mixes it up

12. May 23, 2012 7:46 am

Had to go with Morgan Freeman. The man is the voice of God.

Titty Sprinkles.

• May 23, 2012 9:48 am

another vote for Freeman. I’m a little surprised at all of the results so far. Can’t wait to see the finals.

13. May 23, 2012 9:11 am

Sorry for the late voting but 100th poll, yay!! Well, I voted for Morgan Freeman but Denzel is a VERY close second. Maybe I just love Freeman’s effortless style as Lucius Fox, ahah. But I saw him in one of his earlier films, Street Smart with Christopher Reeve and he literally stole the scenes even from Superman 😀 Plus he’s just such a gracious person, I love his story about meeting Gregory Peck at the Golden Globes and he knelt down in front of him, ahah.

• May 23, 2012 9:44 am

No worries on the “late” voting. The polls are always open for 7 days! Timing was perfect! 🙂

I didn’t realize that Freeman was in a movie with Christopher Reeve! Thanks

• May 23, 2012 9:50 am

Yes he was. I forgot what year it was, maybe in the 80s? He played a drug dealer I think, basically a shady character and Reeve was a journalist investigating a case.

• May 23, 2012 10:01 am

I will look it up! Thanks Ruth!!

14. May 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Out of all 4 I like Morgan Freeman the most.
    Nothing to debate here 😉

By the way, I did’t know your blogoversary is at the same date as Cillian’s birthday 😉

• May 24, 2012 8:34 am