Cinematic Celebrity Crush Confessions

May 23, 2012

Alright, this is the day for you all to come clean! The Day of Confession.

It’s time for you to finally admit that you have a thing for Nicolas Cage, or Angelina Jolie, or Hugh Jackman! I want to know who you have a crush on! Come on, FESS UP! Do you actually love Kristen Stewart and her wide-eyed/open mouth stare that she stole from Keira Knightley? Do you happen to be in love with Channing Tatum or Clive Owen? Do you wish Matt Damon was your lover? Do you drool over Amy Adams? Are you a Team Jacob fan. (Please, no.) ha.

Okay, no judging here!…(today) πŸ˜€ It is time for you to admit all of your Cinematic Celebrity Crushes. But, if I’m going to require you to share, then I suppose I should practice what I preach as well. Yeah?

So. To start it off right, here are MY Top 20 celebrity crushes. I feel so transparent! haha. (I tried to list just 5, but that list quickly grew to 10, 15, and finally 20…with 3 honorable mentions.)

Okay, on to the list. Below, I have myΒ Top 20Β (current)Β Cinematic Celebrity Crush Confessions!Β Enjoy! (Keep in mind, this list is not about the acting abilities or roles that the actresses have chosen. Those things influenced the decisions but are not the sole basis. That in mind, Megan Fox is STILL not on my list!)

First, let’s start off with 3 Honorable Mentions:Β

Can you blame me for adding 3 places for those gorgeous honorable mentions? I mean, WOW! πŸ˜€

Alright…here are the Top 20 on my current list. Be thinking about yours to put in the comment section below!

#20. Anna Kendrick (50/50,Β The Twilight Saga). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: End of Watch

#19. Sandra Bullock (The Proposal,Β Miss Congeniality). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Gravity

#18. Emma Stone (Easy A, Superbad). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: The Amazing Spider-Man

#17. Kate Beckinsale (Underworld, Click). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Total Recall

#16. Jessica Alba (The Fantastic Four, Awake). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: A.C.O.D.

#15.Β Jennifer Aniston (Just Go With It, The Break Up). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Miss You Already

#14. Charlize Theron (Snow White & The Huntsman,Β The Italian Job). Can be seen in the upcoming movie:Β Prometheus

#13. Gabrielle Union (Think Like a Man, Bad Boys II). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Miss Dial

#12.Β Gina Carano (Haywire). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: In The Blood

#11. Aly Michalka (Easy A, The Roommate). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Long Time Gone

Admit it! You’re liking my list so far! πŸ˜€ I hope you are thinking of your own list, because I will be asking for your confessions at the end!

Okay, ready for the countdown to #1?

Continue!

#10. Marion Cotillard (Inception, Midnight in Paris). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: The Dark Knight Rises

#9.Β Paula Patton (MI-4: Ghost Protocol, Deja Vu). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Disconnect

#8. Zooey Deschanel (500 Days of Summer, Elf). Can be seen in the tv series: New Girl

#7. Rachel McAdams (Morning Glory, The Vow). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: To The Wonder

#6. Aishwarya Rai (Bride & Prejudice).

#5. Salma Hayek (Grown Ups, Desperado). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Savages

#4. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Star Wars). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: The Untitled Terrence Malick Project

#3. Eva Mendes (Hitch, The Other Guys). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Holy Motors

#2.Β Emily Blunt (The Five-Year Engagement, The Adjustment Bureau). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Looper

#1. Scarlett Johansson (The Avengers,Β The Island). Can be seen in the upcoming movie: Under the Skin

Come on! Did you actually expect me to have somebody else at #1 on my list? πŸ˜€

Okay, let’s look at the beauty that is Scarlett some more, shall we? Of course we shall!

Hope you enjoyed my list. Look forward to reading yours!

Let’s hear if from you now! Who are your current cinematic celebrity crushes? Confess!

Thanks for reading.

up next: Review for Battleship and “Trailer Time Thursday!”

1. TheSilkSpectre permalink
    May 23, 2012 9:30 am

My adoration has lessened over the years, but I still adore Gerard Butler. With that accent, he’s hard to resist.

• May 23, 2012 9:40 am

ah yes. Good ol’ Gerry! You and my friend Ruth from Flixchatter share the same sentiment towards him. Although Gregory Peck has stolen more of her heart as of recent!

Thanks for reading and for sharing your celebrity crush. What’s one of your favorite GB movies?

2. May 23, 2012 11:17 am

Ok, this is too fun & slightly embarrassing…I have a top ten! πŸ˜€

10. Matt Damon
    9. John Malkovich (hot for an old guy πŸ˜‰ )
    8. Colin Farrell
    7. Viggo Mortensen
    6. Ed Norton
    5. Orlando Bloom
    4. Ewan McGregor
    3. Penelope Cruz (yep, I have a girl on my list!)
    …now, I had a hard picking the #2 spot, in my book, these guys are actually tied for #1!

2. Hugh Jackman (can’t resist an Aussie!)
    1. Tom Cruise

• May 23, 2012 1:13 pm

I find Tom Cruise to be such a polarizing actor. I know some people are just SO in love with him, while others…can’t STAND him. Nice to see an appreciation for him and several others on your list. Thanks for commenting and telling us your crushes!

3. May 23, 2012 11:35 am

You sure have a lot of crushes there T πŸ˜‰ As for me, Deborah Ann Woll, Jolie, Gabrielle Union(I’m still waiting for her to get a good leading role), and Nicole Kidman are my top 4. Jennifer Lawrence is starting to get there tho.

And i’m kind of hoping someone mentions Stewart just to see your reaction πŸ˜›

• May 23, 2012 1:11 pm

A nice list indeed Julian. I knew Deborah Ann Woll would make it!

I really really am hoping that Stewart ends up on no one’s list

4. May 23, 2012 1:01 pm

A lot a great choices for crushes, T. Some of these I share. Kate Beckinsale, Salma Hayek, Gabrielle Union, and of late Paula Patton. I’ll join in with Kimber on picking Penelope Cruz, too.

• May 23, 2012 1:10 pm

ha! Thanks for admitting yours as well. Penelope is a great choice. Kimber has some great taste too, as do you!

• May 23, 2012 2:46 pm

woohooo Penelope!

• May 23, 2012 7:09 pm

πŸ˜€

5. todayiwatchedamovie permalink
    May 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Lacey Chabert for me…since 1997.

• May 23, 2012 7:10 pm

You must be dedicated to watch things with her in it. I looked her up. She’s not in a lot of things. Here’s to her getting more work so that you can see her on screen more. πŸ™‚

Thanks for playing today!

6. May 23, 2012 1:46 pm

The girls I had on my wall as a teenager were Jolie, Virginie Ledoyen from The Beach, Halle Berry, Kirsten Dunst (especially as Mary Jane with red hair), Kate Winslet in Titanic (again with the red hair), Salma Hayek. Now I looooove Amy Adams and Isla Fisher, Scarlett Johansson, Anna Kendrick, Emma Stone, Julie Benz from Dexter. But to be fair all those ladies on your list are gobsmackingly beautiful!

• May 23, 2012 7:09 pm

We woulda got along very well in highschool.

Great minds think alike, Pete. and, apparently over many years! πŸ˜€

Thanks for playing today and “confessing”!

• June 14, 2012 1:47 am

That pic of Kendrick is ahem quite a find!

• June 14, 2012 7:03 pm

haha LOL. you crack me up. only the best here on my page! πŸ˜€

7. May 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Here are my top 10, although I can’t give them a real specific order. I love them all just the same! πŸ™‚

Chris Hemsworth
    Adrian Brody
    Will Smith
    Nate Parker
    Ryan Gosling
    Jeremy Renner
    Denzel Washinton
    Michael Ealy
    Ryan Reynolds
    Idris Elba

Yum! I really enjoyed writing this list…lol

• May 23, 2012 7:08 pm

A great list of actors here. Although I will tell you that I am no fan of Brody. ha!

Thanks for playing today and confessing as it were. Glad it was fun. πŸ™‚

• May 24, 2012 8:45 am

Fair enough…Im no fan of Carano…she’s the worse…excuse me while I puke…lol

• May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

haha. you crack me up. πŸ™‚

8. May 23, 2012 4:52 pm

You crack me up, dude. πŸ˜€

• May 23, 2012 7:08 pm

haha. You loved this post!

Hey! Where’s your confession at, yo?!!

9. ineedanewkilnfrank permalink
    May 23, 2012 6:59 pm

1) Nathan Fillion
    2) Chris O’dowd
    3) Ewan McGregor
    4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
    5) Simon Pegg

πŸ˜€

• Stepheny permalink
      May 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Oh and Michael Fassbender. πŸ™‚

• May 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes. Fassbender is quite the guy, is he not?!

And you must really love the fact that he is in so much lately! Ready for Prometheus?

• May 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Nice choices! No one’s mentioned Fillion! Gotta love the Space Cowboy!

and Catherine Z!! YES! What’s not to love about her? Zorro, Entrapment, yes! πŸ™‚

Thanks for confessing! πŸ˜€

10. May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Excellent choices! The only celebrity I don’t like from your top 10 list is Eva Mendes (I don’t know why). Many of your choices I agree are some prettiest women celebrity.
    As for my current celebrity crush; Andrew Garfield and Michael Fassbender πŸ˜€

• May 23, 2012 9:39 pm

I think you’re the first to mention Garfield. Nice choice there! and Fassbender is quite the popular option!

What fun. Thanks for playing today and “confessing”! πŸ˜‰

11. May 24, 2012 6:19 am

I’ll join in and will have to say Halle Berry, Paula Patton, Eva Mendes, Rosario Dawson and Jamie Chung.

• May 24, 2012 8:33 am

ha. Thanks for playing today and “confessing” Nostra. Glad to see another Paula Patton and Eva Mendes fan. Nice choice with Jamie Chung. she DID have a spot on my list until a few others forced her out.

12. Jaina permalink
    May 24, 2012 7:54 am

Shamefully, my list could be quite long! But here’s a handful…

1. Chris Hemsworth
    2. Joseph Gordon Levitt
    3. Ryan Reynolds
    4. Jeremy Renner
    5. Daniel Craig
    6. Tom Hardy
    7. Andrew Garfield
    8. Leonardo Di Caprio
    9. Chris Evans
    10. Ryan Gosling

Let’s leave it at that for now, otherwise I’ll never stop.

• May 24, 2012 8:31 am

A great list Jaina! And it’s okay if you kept going on…and on…and on! πŸ˜€

Thanks for playing and “confessing”!

13. May 24, 2012 9:00 am

Great post! I think you know who my crushes are, mostly Brits and Aussies with the exception of Gregory Peck πŸ˜€

I LOVE your #2 crush, but I’m not gonna keep my mouth shut about your #1 πŸ˜‰

• May 24, 2012 10:03 am

Ok well since everyone’s listing theirs, I might as well do that too. So here’s my top five of ALIVE actors I’m crushing right now:

1. Gerry Butler
      (still love the guy despite his latest role choices, hey I’m quite loyal :D)
      2. Henry Cavill
      3. Richard Armitage
      4. Christian Bale
      5. Karl Urban

• May 24, 2012 7:06 pm

I am so glad that you joined in on listing your “confessions”! πŸ˜€

I didn’t guess that Karl Urban would make your list. But I did guess your #1 and #2! Woohoo. πŸ™‚

• May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

I know you don’t love my #1! haha. and that’s okay. but you and I truly do agree on #2! YUM. πŸ˜€

• May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

I think Karl Urban and Eric Bana are my #5 πŸ™‚ I just have a thing for tall, dark men from Down Under, ehm.

Btw, looking at your list again, wow you are a man of fine taste T. LOVE Theron and Beckinsale also, I know my hubby has a weakness for the latter πŸ˜‰

• May 26, 2012 10:09 am

*taking a bow* πŸ˜€ I do what I can! πŸ™‚

I find that I think I like Beckinsale a whole lot more than just at #17. I mean, I’ve used her in several Hollywood Fantasy Drafts now.

14. May 24, 2012 4:02 pm

It’s Emma Stone for me. Ever since I saw her in Easy A. Now she’s Gwen Stacy, my crush can only get worst! I also used to be totally crazy for Elisha Cuthbert but haven’t seen her in anything since Girl Next Door!

• May 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Ben, my man! Emma is a great choice! and now that she is Gwen Stacy we will see her for at least 3 Spider-Man movies (that’s how many she signed up for).

And, if you’re wanting to see Elisha Cuthbert…I highly suggest you get all over watching 24. She is plenty of the seasons.

• May 25, 2012 8:27 am

24 is where my love for Elisha began. Only watched the first two seasons before they switched channels on me and I couldn’t see it anymore! Definetly getting back into it though at some point!

• May 26, 2012 9:59 am

24 is the best! yeah, you gotta watch the rest of the seasons! Season 3 and 5 are probably the best! You stopped too soon. πŸ˜€

15. Courtney Edwards permalink
    May 24, 2012 5:03 pm

OK – I have to do a top 10 and might consider doing a blog about this as well (haha):

10) Andy Sanberg
    9) Heath Ledger
    8) Josh Lucas
    7) Zac Efron
    6) Chris Hemsworth
    5) Owen Wilson
    4) Bradley Cooper
    3) Justin Long
    2) Ryan Reynolds
    1) Ryan Gosling

• Courtney Edwards permalink
      May 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Honorable mention: Joseph Gordon Love-it ….can’t believe I forgot about him!

• May 24, 2012 6:55 pm

πŸ™‚ I called him and told him that you forgot him at first. He was pleased to know he made your HM list! πŸ˜‰

• May 24, 2012 6:56 pm

I love the fact that you joined in and “confessed” today! ha. What fun. I was a little surprised at Zac Efron’s mention…esp since JGL is on the HM. πŸ˜€

• Courtney Edwards permalink
        May 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Yes, I know. I’m ashamed. lol

• May 30, 2012 10:30 pm

In my best Yoda voice: “Ashamed you should be!” hahaha πŸ™‚

16. May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Haha wow, that is quite the list of crushes! I have a few myself… Rosario Dawson, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams, Lizzy Caplan, Scarlett Johansson and Anna Kendrick.

• May 26, 2012 10:08 am

You have fine taste my friend. Especially with choosing my #1! Nice work!

Thanks for playing and “confessing!” πŸ˜€

17. May 25, 2012 12:37 am

Hahaha, great list man! Way to put some thought into it! πŸ™‚

Lots of beautiful ladies on that list. My top 10 would be:
    10. Jennifer Lawrence
    9. Zooey Deschanel
    8. Kaley Cuoco
    7. Minka Kelly
    6. Emily Blunt
    5. Alison Brie
    4. Emma Stone
    3. Kate Beckinsale
    2. Jennifer Aniston
    1. Rachel McAdams

I’m sure someday someone will come along and dethrone McAdams but man, she’s had that top spot for a while now and she’s going to be tough to displace.

• May 26, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks Brian.

Glad to have you stop by and “confess.” It was a lot of fun to put together.

You and Castor may have to end up fighting over McAdams as he claims her as his own. πŸ˜€

Question on Alison Brie…were you a fan of hers BEFORE The Five-Year Engagement? Thanks for playing

18. May 25, 2012 7:04 am

Whoa, you have twenty? I can barely maintain a top five. Speaking of, they are:

Russell Crowe
    Robert Downey, Jr.
    Michael Fassbender
    Gerard Butler
    Javier Bardem

Currently, having just seen “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf,” I’m crushing hard on Richard Burton. Also, Paul Bettany is sort of always lurking in the number 6 spot, and I have a weird, unexplained thing for Adrien Brody. πŸ™‚

• May 26, 2012 10:02 am

aha. What a fun list you have yourself! I see that you and Flixchatter def have something in common!

and, an “unexplained thing for Adrien Brody” huh? πŸ˜€ haha, I personally can’t stand his work, but I guess one doesn’t have to for the purposes of this list.

Thanks for playing and “confessing”! Such fun.

19. May 25, 2012 8:23 am

Really fun idea! I agree on most of the gals you mentioned. Let’s see, my top ten would be:

10. Natalie Portman
    9. Zooey Deschanel
    8. Jennifer Lawrence
    7. Katie Holmes
    6. Jennifer Aniston
    5. Emily Browning
    4. Kylie Bunbury
    3. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    2. Amy Adams
    1. Anne Hathaway

• May 26, 2012 10:00 am

Javier! Thanks for playing today and “Confessing”! haha this was a ton of fun and I am glad to see so many people participating!

I almost had Emily Browning on my list as well. Loved Babydoll. Glad to see another Zooey fan.

20. Anonymous permalink
    May 29, 2012 5:29 pm

My Top Ten Ladies (in no particular order):

1. Katherine Moennig
    2. Sarah Shahi
    3. Mila Kunis
    4. Natalie Portman
    5. Emily Blunt
    6. Ellen Page
    7. Dianna Agron
    8. Malin Akerman
    9. Deborah Ann Woll
    10. Amanda Seyfried

Please note that there are MANY MORE actresses I find beautiful, but these women are the first that come to mind)

My Top Ten Men (again in no particular order):

1. Edward Norton
    2. Sam Worthington
    3. Caleb Landry Jones
    4. Mark Wahlberg
    5. Tom Hardy
    6. Chris Evans
    7. Leonardo DiCaprio
    8. Joseph Gordon-Levitt
    9. Ryan Gosling
    10. Chris Hemsworth

• May 30, 2012 7:27 pm

A fun list! ha. Thanks for playing and “confessing”. I expected Gosling, but this was the first mention of Landry Jones for sure on this post! πŸ˜‰