Two years ago today, May 25, 2010, amongst all of the thousands of websites that existed on the internet, a new one was born. Entitled at that time as “TheScarletSp1der’s Movie Review Blog”, I humbly began my movie review site which was basically meant to serve as an extension of my personal Facebook page. Sharing my thoughts on movies I watched, I ventured out to be the next “Roger Ebert” with my first review of a highly unknown small independent film entitled 11 Minutes Ago (don’t read the review. Ha!..my writing was atrocious). Being Ebert was far from my talent bench. ha! 😀
But continue I did, and you ventured with me. The site underwent a namechange in January of 2012 from “TheScarletSp1der’s Movie Review Blog” to “The Focused Filmographer” for several reasons (which can be read here), it was at that time that I feared losing several followers due to technical complications. I wish to thank SEVERAL of you who dedicated posts on your sites and more to spread the news of the site change. No one was lost. As a matter of fact, the following GREW.
And little did I know just all the ways in which my site would grow!
For those that like stats, here are just a few:
- 689 posts published
- Over 73,400 visits
- Over 7,600 comments (I LOVE comments, so thank you!)
- Over 532 followers (via subscription, Facebook, Twitter, and more)
- Consistent views from ALL around the world. A special “Thank You” to all of my international readers!
Wow. I never expected any of that. The page started as just something for me to share my thoughts on movies and now, well…it’s that and more!
All of the fantastic people I have met, the opportunities I have been blessed with, and the movies I have been able to enjoy…these past two years truly been unexpected and phenomenal to say the least!
Take a look:
- Great friends/followers from other sites (Such as Flixchatter, Fogs’MovieReviews, AnomalousMaterial, ImpassionedCinema, and SO many more worth mentioning. Please visit them all via the blogroll in the rt hand margin). Thank You.
- Great friends/followers NOT in the blogging community who make a point to share my page and let me know that they read and enjoy the site. (Such as my Family, Mr. Williams, my co-workers, and even a friend of mine from over 25 years ago: “Drkaman”)
Other opportunities that have presented themselves via this page
- Participating in a casting call for Marvel’s THE AVENGERS.
- Being chosen and then filming for ~6 weeks on set with the stars and being in the movie itself! (Did you spot me?)
- Meeting my “Movie Wife!”
- Being chosen by the local newspaper to write regular movie reviews in a weekly column entitled “Terrence’s Take.”
- Getting involved with my local film community and working with local filmmakers to help that grow.
- Increasing my movie poster collection. 😀
- Seeing tons of films I would have otherwise probably never seen: Some I loved (i.e. Midnight in Paris), and others…not so much (i.e. Beastly).
Some of the favorite and most visited posts over the past 2 years have been:
- Upcoming Movie Spotlight: The Hunger Games
- The Annual Red Web Awards Year (My own “Golden Globes” version of an award presented each year right before the Oscars)
- The Marvel vs. DC Presidential Polls for President (which annually publishes every 2nd “Time to Vote Tuesday” of November)
- Fantasy Movie Pitches, and
- My Top 17 most Iconic Movie Images.
- WAIT!! and one more MASSIVE post! Who can forget AVENGERS WEEK with so many great bloggers involved in presenting a full week’s look at each of the Avengers in preparation for the largest movie of all-time?!!
There’s plenty more still to come and I look forward to more of keeping you up to date on movie news, helping to protect you from bad movies, sharing movies with you that you may not have known about, and learning from you each day more and more about movies as well. Thank you for 2 great years so far! Here’s to many more!
Take the TFF 2yr Trivia Quiz!! —It’s FUN! Click the button! 😀
This post is as much a celebration of you and my appreciation to you as it is celebrating two years of its existence. Thank you.
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: Review for Men In Black 3