New Posters of the Week (6/2)

June 2, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including the first poster for Magic Mike, an IMAX poster for Prometheus, and one of several released posters for Resident Evil: Retribution.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like LOOPER, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, and RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

1. June 2, 2012 10:18 am

Hmm, those are all pretty plain.

• June 3, 2012 11:37 am

Agreed. The only one I kinda like is the Prometheus one.

• June 4, 2012 10:25 pm

There was a 50’s retro-style poster for Prometheus floating out there. Pretty sweet. If I find it again, I’ll send it your way, Castor.

• June 4, 2012 10:33 pm

sometimes it just works out that way. Hopefully there will be more that you enjoy in the next batch! Thanks for stopping in and checking them out.

2. June 2, 2012 10:52 am

I’m always in for the further adventures of our girl Alice so its Resident Evil: Retribution, for me.

• June 4, 2012 10:33 pm

Alice is one bad momma! ha. I really hope this one is better than the last for sure.

3. June 2, 2012 11:16 am

Love Sinister, I think it’s a great look. Also Looper really intrigues me, never heard anything about this movie and the poster actually makes me want to find out more about it – which is what a poster should do, right?

• June 4, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks for checking out the poster. sorry for my late response. Took most of the weekend off.

You’re right. A poster should make you interested in the movie it is promoting. glad you enjoyed this post.

4. jackdeth72 permalink
    June 3, 2012 8:48 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I’m not seeing a whole lot in this batch of posters that reaches out and grabs my eye. Kind of pedestrian, overall.

PS: All are invited to drop by FRC. I’ve a review of director Michael Mann’s early years there.

• June 4, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for stopping in. Michael Mann, huh? Will be checking it out. Thanks for the invite

5. June 3, 2012 11:50 am

No real stand-out ones. Sinister is a cool design, Prometheus looks good but I think the winner this week is Resident Evil (even though I hate that franchise.)

• June 4, 2012 10:22 pm

The franchise is def not big on my list of faves, for sure. But I like the poster too. We stand together in that!

6. impsndcnma permalink
    June 3, 2012 11:51 am

Not a big fan of any of these. I would like the Les Miserables poster if only that it wasn’t expected.

• June 4, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes, I was a little disappointed that they just chose the traditional poster. While I understand, with such an amazing trailer, I was expecting a bit more from the poster. Oh well.

7. June 3, 2012 9:37 pm

The Resident Evil one looks intriguing at a glance but no way would I be sucked in to see the actual movie, ahah.

• June 4, 2012 10:18 pm

There were so many more resident evil posters to choose from. I liked that one quite a bit, but check out the others if you get a chance: http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/5/30/resident-evil-retribution-ten-new-posters-banners-and-promo.html

8. June 4, 2012 9:33 am

Im liking Sinister…possibly because it looks absolutely sinister…lol. All of the other posters are ho-hum.

• June 4, 2012 10:17 pm

hahaha. Yes, Sinister is sinister. You’re too fun!