“Trailer Time Thursday!” 6.7.12

June 7, 2012

**Quick Note: This post is celebrated as Post #700! Woohoo! 700 posts of awesomeness and fun. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for 700+ more!

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Got a pretty good group of interesting/exciting trailers for you today. ENJOY!!! :)

Premium Rush (trailer #2). Enjoy this second heart pumping trailer for Premium Rush, the story of a bike messenger that ends up with a delivery that’s more than he ever bargained for. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, and Jamie Chung, put the pedal to the metal and rush to see this one in theaters on August 24.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This fun looking tale of self-discovery and acceptance in the real world stars the likes of Paul Rudd, Logan Lerman (The Three Musketeers), and Emma Watson (Harry Potter). Releasing in theaters on September 14, this movie shares the story of a senior in high school who unexpectedly befriends some classmates who show him that it is okay to be who you are.

Django Unchained. Director Quentin Tarantino shares this first trailer for his upcoming film Django (pronounced “Jayngo”) Unchained. Starring Jamie Foxx as a freed slave who joins the bounty hunter who released him in order for them both to satisfy a longing desire for revenge from injustice. With QT at the helm, and Foxx, Christopher Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Leonardo DiCaprio, and many more…Django Unchained will be loosed to the masses on Christmas Day 2012.

House at the End of the Street (trailer #2). Check out this second trailer to the supernatural horror thriller starring Jennifer Lawrence as the daughter of a family who buys and moves into a house that was discounted due to alleged tales of gruesomeness that occurred there earlier. The past does have a way of coming back to haunt you…and this house seems to believe in that rule. Be sure to visit this house of horrors on September 21, 2012.

Wreck-It Ralph. The trailer has finally arrived for Disney’s animated adventure of 8-bit memories! Starring the vocal talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, and more, get ready for an adventure with classic game icons as never before seen. Wreck-It Ralph looks for more and abandons his usual “stomping grounds” for the worlds of other video games in search for true meaning of his existence. This fun and unique looking movie is set to hit arcades (oops, I mean theaters) on November 2, 2012.

Flight. This amazing trailer showcases Denzel Washington as an airline pilot who, after saving lives during a plane crash, is under scrutiny after an investigation into the malfunctions reveals disturbing possibilities. Director Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future) shares this story that looks to be full of drama and suspense on November 2, 2012.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Paper trailer for Prometheus

A very inventive re-creation of the trailer for Prometheus done all with just PAPER! Not kidding! Wow. This was very well done. Check out this trailer for the wide release directed by Ridley Scott that hits theaters this weekend.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Premium Rush, Django Unchained, and Flight. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, June 8, 2012:

• Wide Release: Prometheus and Madagascar 3
  • Limited Release: Safety Not Guaranteed, Lola Versus, Bel Ami, and more.

1. June 7, 2012 8:51 am

Loving the look of Premium Rush. Right up my street!

• June 13, 2012 10:52 am

Premium Rush is going to be a good flick. I am looking forward to it as well.

2. Josh L. permalink
    June 7, 2012 10:18 am

Premium Rush Looks awesome! I also loved Wreck It Ralph and Flight! And, I wasn’t that interested in Prometheus, but after that paper trailer Im pretty sure I’ll see it several times.

• June 8, 2012 9:57 am

Premium Rush is going to be great. Man, so many great films coming soon.

3. June 7, 2012 5:58 pm

DJANGO!!!

• June 8, 2012 9:57 am

Looks great!

4. June 7, 2012 7:06 pm

Pretty good crop of trailers this week. Premium Rush is looking pretty cool, even if I still keep thinking of Kevin Bacon in Quicksilver. Django Unchained definitely looks like a Tarantino film; ought to be fun. Flight looks like a pretty good dramatic film.

The trailer for Wreck-It Ralph is winning me over. I was initially skeptical of the concept, but that actually looks pretty good. Pretty surprising to see all of the other-company characters cameoing as well. I think, if I hadn’t known this was a Disney feature to begin with, I probably would have been a bit more in its camp originally (I first heard about it when Disney was making noises suggesting they were going to stop with fairy tales and 2D animation and basically be Pixar 2; they’ve backed away on both claims now.) Of course, I do see why they changed it from its original name of Reboot Ralph; a computer-animated cartoon about video game characters breaking free from their roles with the name Reboot attached calls to mind a certain 90s cartoon… 😀 But seriously, this is looking better than I thought it would.

• June 8, 2012 9:56 am

I LOVED Reboot! Man, I was sad when it went off the air and I had to catch the episodes of later seasons on dvd years later. Now it’s all on netflix.

Wreck-It Ralph had me skeptical at the beginning just like you. But, just like you, it is winning me over too. Looks great.

Enjoyed the trailers this week.

5. June 8, 2012 2:18 am

the paper Prometheus trailer just proves that some people have too much time on their hands…

It is all about Django, the D is silent

• June 8, 2012 9:54 am

haha Scott. True as that may be, I thought it was pretty well done! LOL.

6. June 8, 2012 6:05 am

Wow, so many trailers! Those paper trailers are pretty groovy. I cannot wait for Django Unchained, though. Leo looks fantastic! 😀

• June 8, 2012 9:51 am

Some really great trailers indeed this week! So glad to have you stop in. Thanks Claire! Enjoy your weekend.

7. June 8, 2012 10:42 am

Ahah, that paper Prometheus one is a hoot! So many fun fan-made trailers out there.

Wreck-It Ralph does look pretty funny, but not as enthused about it compared to Pixar’s offerings.

I’m not that excited about Django, but I know my pal Ted is 🙂

• June 13, 2012 10:53 am

haha. Thanks. It looks like it took some work and creativitiy to do that paper one.

8. June 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Premium Rush, Django Unchained, Flight and Wreck it Ralph look great. Wreck It Ralph just reminds me of my game playing childhood 😀

• June 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Wreck It Ralph…haha, I never played it, but I DID play RAMPAGE all the time!

9. June 11, 2012 9:59 am

Most looking forward to: Premium Rush (awesome bike stunts), Wreck-It Ralph (the nerd in me is deeply satisfied by all the cameos) and Django Unchained. The Perks of Being a Wallflower looks interesting, I like Emma Watson’s character already!

• June 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Premium Rush looks so great doesn’t it?!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower didn’t interest me at first, but then, when I saw the trailer…well, I agree with you. 🙂