New Posters of the Week (6/9)

June 9, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including the first poster for Flight and a couple of promotional panels for Man of Steel and even Fast and Furious 6.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Not really anything to write home about, but some weeks that happens. Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight though? I personally like Flight and Dredd.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards)

Have a great day!

up next: Look for my review of Ridley Scott’s PROMETHEUS

1. June 9, 2012 8:53 am

I am the law! (with a stallone lisp)

• June 13, 2012 10:48 am

haha. i wonder if they expect him to say that

• June 13, 2012 10:57 am

They better!

2. June 9, 2012 9:07 am

Bit of an uninspiring bunch definitely. The Superman logo looks nice.

• June 13, 2012 10:50 am

true story Pete. I do like the Superman one. I posted it because with Spider-Man and Batman and The Avengers, I don’t want people to forget that Man of Steel is on the way.

3. jackdeth72 permalink
    June 10, 2012 9:36 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

It looks like Judge Dredd’s ‘Lawgiver II’ pistol is being based on the Czech Skorpion, instead of the old, tricked out Beretta 92 FS.

The Dredd comics were okay, if a lot heavy handed. The Stallone film was so cheezily bad that it really doesn’t need a re-boot.

• June 13, 2012 10:50 am

I always love and admire your attention to detail sir.

I am looking forward to seeing what they bring in the DREDD reboot

4. June 10, 2012 10:19 am

Movie posters are getting worse by the week!

• June 11, 2012 10:43 pm

here’s hoping next week is great!

5. June 10, 2012 12:56 pm

The one for Flight looks nifty, but all in all… waa-waa. All so bland!

• June 11, 2012 10:43 pm

agreed Jaina. While I like Flight and Dredd, most of the posters this past week were bleah

6. June 11, 2012 6:17 am

I really like the Dredd poster. Also like Flight as well, love a poster that leaves a bit if intrigue and isn’t just a load of photoshopped actors pulling generic, concerned faces/poses. Think The Campaign could be brilliant considering it stars Ferrell and Zach G.

Incidentally, Fast and the Furious 6 poster is awful!!!

• June 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Dredd got my attention right away. interested in Karl Urban taking on the role.

and, incidentally, I 100% agree with you on F&F6

7. June 11, 2012 8:14 am

As simple as this one is, the only poster that really stood out for me is Flight. I think the simplicity makes it intriguing, or maybe its just calming and refreshing to look at…lol

• June 11, 2012 10:36 pm

I know what you mean about Flight. I actually tend to like it too. Goes to prove that posters don’t need to be crowded by overcomplicated graphics to be nice.