UPDATED: “Trailer Time Thursday!” 6.14.12

June 14, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Got a pretty good group of interesting/exciting trailers for you today. ENJOY!!! :)

Django Unchained (International trailer). Enjoy more footage from this int’l trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming adventure. With Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Leonardo DiCaprio, and many more, this one has QT written all over it. Will you be checking it out? Look for it on Christmas Day.

Sinister. Ethan Hawke stars as a novelist who moves his family into a house where the previous family was murdered. While searching for inspiration for his new book, he comes across a dangerous supernatural entity that threatens him and his entire family. From the producers of Insidious and Paranormal Activity, Sinister reaches theaters this October 5.

360. A movie that interweaves stories of several people from differing backgrounds but all dealing with similar problems. Suspenseful and filled with drama, this one reminds me of a mix between Closer, Crash, and an episode of Touch. With an all-star cast of Rachel Weisz, Anthony Hopkins, Jude Law, Ben Foster, and more, this film is set for limited U.S. release on August 3.

Take This Waltz (trailer #2). Michelle Williams and Seth Rogen star in this drama featuring the story of a married woman who falls in love with her neighbor across the street. Already available on VOD, this one hits limited theaters on June 29.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Releasing next weekend with BRAVE, here is the trailer for the “end of the world” film starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley that looks at an unlikely yet fun bond between two that are searching to fulfill some quests before the untimely destruction of the planet! Looking forward to it.

Resident Evil: Retribution. A NEW trailer for this one releases today. Be sure to stop in and check it out once it is available. I will update this post and place the video here!

Be sure to hurry and come back now!

It’s HERE:

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Farewell, My Queen

An imaginative look at Marie Antoinette and her infatuation and relationship with one of her readers during the time of the French Revolution. Diane Kruger stars as the French Queen who is up to her neck in love but sentenced to death. Check out the subtitled trailer for this interesting take on the tale of Marie Antoinette.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Not much in the way of trailers this week. But, I liked the new for Django Unchained. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, June 15, 2012:

• Wide Release: That’s My Boy and Rock of Ages
  • Limited Release: Your Sister’s SisterThe Woman in the Fifth, and more.

1. June 14, 2012 9:10 am

I’ve heard about ‘Farewell, My Queen,’ I can see Kruger as a French Queen, I appreciate her more as an actress though initially I wasn’t sold on her as Helen of Troy. Wow 360 certainly boasts an awesome cast!

• June 14, 2012 7:07 pm

that’s right! She WAS in Troy. I didn’t like her in it. I still wont be rushing out to see this one, but I like the time period and films done during it. Costumes look neat

2. June 14, 2012 9:56 am

Sinister looks a bit ‘same old, same old’ but if it’s half as effective with the scares as Insidious then I’ll give it a go. Plus it’s Ethan Hawke! Seeking… looks interesting, shame its Knightley. Django trailer rocks. Much better than the first. Wish Meirelles would make something a little more exciting looking.

• June 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Sinister does look freaky but overdone.

Completely agree wit u on Django trailer…far better than the first.

3. jackdeth72 permalink
    June 14, 2012 10:52 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

‘Sinister’ looks and feels like it will be the flagship for HBO fall films that tank at the box office the previous summer.

Take one part ‘Amityville Horror’ add a large splash of ‘The Shining’ and just a whiff of ‘The Other’ and you have a mediocre to bad, ‘Why did you make this?’ film.

Keira Knightley whistles well in ‘Seeking a Friend at the End of the World’.

‘360’ looks like a big steaming bucket of ‘I Don’t Care!’.

‘Farewell, My Queen’…. “Sire! The peasants are revolting.” ….. “Yeah. They stink on ice.”

Still think Doctor Who’s ‘The Girl in the Fireplace’ made for better costume drama.

• June 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks for joining in on the discussion today. You summed up what I think of Sinister very nicely.

Thoughts on Resident Evil?

• jackdeth72 permalink
        June 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi, Terrence:

I think it was time for Mila Jojovich should have retired her skin suit about two films back. There are only so many knife tricks Alice can pull off.

• June 15, 2012 12:49 pm

true. a lot of the moves end up redundant as we can tell from the trailer alone, But I really hope this one just ends up better than the previous ones.

4. Ted S. permalink
    June 14, 2012 11:49 am

I’m still amaze that these Resident Evil films are still being shown on the big screen, I thought for sure after the 3rd one, the rest of the sequels would be direct to video. But whatever, I have no desire to see this new one, I don’t think I saw the last one either.

I’m more excited Django Unchained now, the US trailer was just way too cheesy for me. This one actually looks like it’s a QT film.

• June 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks again for the heads up on Django Unchained. For sure!

I just want this RE film to be better than the last one. That one was horrible

5. June 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Sinister seems a bit generic but then again Insidious wasn’t totally original and i enjoyed that one. And is it me, or do the producers love simple titles?

And Django looks fun

• June 14, 2012 7:19 pm

simple titles sometimes just add to the freakiness of the film. haha

6. June 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I’ll probably pass on Sinister & Resident Evil. Still don’t know if I can handle Django Unchained but I laughed quite a bit when she said, “you mean you wanna dress like that?” Seeking a Friend for the End of the World looks awesome…I totally bet you that the world doesn’t end though.

• June 14, 2012 7:21 pm

haha, her comment on Django’s outfit had me rollin too.

Ooh, prediction time! I like your prediction. I think it’s pretty accurate, but a part of me wants it to end with the world’s destruction too. eh, we’ll see!

7. June 14, 2012 6:56 pm

You know, trailers for Tarantino films are pretty useless. They’re can’t really capture what the film is going to be like. You won’t know what you’re going to get until you are watching it. I remember thinking the Kill Bill trailer looked awful, but the actual movie was awesome. Likewise, Inglouious Basterds didn’t convey what the film was actually like either.

• June 14, 2012 7:23 pm

his trailers have a style all of their own, you might say. I like how it looks retro, but I think that’s what trailers should do more often…not tell all of what the movie would be like, but all too often it is the trailer-making companies that ruin what the movie is all about…as most times the trailer isn’t made by the director and crew.

8. June 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Of course, Django Unchained. Perhaps, Farewell, My Queen. But, believe it or not, the guilty pleasure here is Resident Evil, Retribution. I know… 😉

• June 15, 2012 12:45 pm

RE is a guilty pleasure. I keep going to see them and end up disappointed.

Hope this one is better. Seems like it will be.

9. June 15, 2012 2:40 pm

I will be watching Django Unchained, Seeking a friend for the end of the world and Resident evil. Cool trailers 😀

• June 16, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks for watching them. That’s why I post ’em! 🙂 Glad you liked.