New Posters of the Week (6/15)

June 15, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

There are some neat ones this week, including one of several new character posters for Rise of the Guardians along with the newest posters for The Expendables 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight though? I personally like The Amazing Spider-Man and Pitch Perfect.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

1. June 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah I like that Spiderman one too. Also the VHS one is quite a nice mix of cool and naff!

• June 16, 2012 7:31 am

Spider-Man!! Yeah! Pete, you keep on impressin me, man. LOL

2. June 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I would have loved the V/H/S one so much better if it was anything except for a skull. Pitch Perfect looks pretty nice, but nothing else really jumps out at me. When’s a great poster going to show up, seems like it’s been a while. Also, what in the world is Branded supposed to be? That looks bizarre. Is it like that Simpsons episode? Just don’t look, just don’t look.

• June 16, 2012 7:30 am

Good posters are in short supply lately…We’ll check on them again next week! Thanks for checking out this week’s offering. Have a great weekend.

• June 18, 2012 8:16 am

Find myself agreeing with you big time. I think the last set of posters that really wowed me were those done for Black Swan with the drawn red and black shapes.

When did film posters become synonymous with bad photoshopping?

• June 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Did you know? You spell “Movie Posters” like this “B-A-D-P-H-O-T-O-S-H-O-P” haha.

Still waiting for a few good sets of posters.

3. June 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Expendables 2 Kicking ass!

• June 17, 2012 10:07 pm

haha. I thought you might like the Expendables one! Thanks for checking em out.

• June 18, 2012 10:21 am

I love a good poster, its the first thing that should grab you when you go to a cinema 😀

• June 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Agreed. They should catch your attention and point to the movie itself

4. June 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Interesting selection of posters this week T 🙂

• June 17, 2012 10:08 pm

an odd mixture/collection for sure. Which one is your favorite? if you have one that is.

5. June 18, 2012 4:30 am

That Branded poster is just bizarre, and not in a good way…

• June 19, 2012 7:02 pm

hahaha.I have NO idea what that movie is about, but I agree with you, my friend.

6. jackdeth72 permalink
    June 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

Big fan of Sean Bean since his old ‘Sharpe’ days. At which he excelled. Bean was also very good in the SAS/Desert Storm film, ‘Bravo: Two Zero’, ‘GoldenEye’ and ‘Ronin’.

Very intrigued by ‘Soldiers of Fortune’. Since there was a fairly decent Bruckhemier series back in the 1990s on CBS. With Brad Johnson (‘Flight of the Intruder’), Melinda Clarke (‘Firefly; ‘Nikita’) and Mark Sheppard (‘Doctor Who’, ‘Leverage’ and ‘BSG’).

Between its second and third season, the PC Police got hold of it. Retooled it and added Dennis Rodman to the cast as a helicopter pilot. Show went quickly down hill from there.

• June 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I, too, am a big fan of Sean Bean…but he dies in a lot of movies. (there are several compilation vids on youtube), Do you think he will survive in this one?

• jackdeth72 permalink
        June 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi, Terrence:

Pardon the bad pun, but actors have been know to ‘kill’ for a decent death scene. To be the sole focus of attention for a few minutes of Close Up film time is Manna for many thespians.

Since Bean is one of many in ‘SoF’, I think his odds of surviving are better than 50/50.

• June 19, 2012 7:33 pm

haha. true. a close up is true manna from heaven!

Oh, and I need to email you to ask you about a Batman TAS guest post. I really would like to see that if you’d be willing. I haven’t forgotten.

• jackdeth72 permalink
        June 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi, Terrence:

Check your e-mail.

7. June 19, 2012 1:32 am

I love seeing these posters and knowing nothing about the films! I’m already intrigued about both Branded and V/H/S. The Spiderman poster is great and the Rise of the Guardians can’t help but make you smile (that film is going to be brilliant!)

• June 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Posters are some of my most favorite things. and each one I see releasing for Spider-Man gets me more pumped.

And Rise of the Guardians is another one I can’t wait to see.