New Posters of the Week (6/26)

June 26, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

We JUST looked at posters 4 days ago, but since then, 15 posters have released and some of them are pretty sweet. You can check out the last installment of movie posters HERE, but below are some of the latest that I enjoyed.

On to the posters!

Gotta love movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Posters lately have been pretty lackluster, but this week we do have the first poster for Paddington, a new IMAX one for The Amazing Spider-Man, and one for The Smurfs 2.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like The Amazing Spider-Man, 360, Alex Cross, and Paddington.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Hollywood biopics in today’s “Time To Vote Tuesday!” HERE.

1. June 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Finally a good week for posters. Spider-Man’s not bad, but I think I like Alex Cross the most. Yet strangely I don’t at all like Easy Money which is a very similar concept. Also love the classic feel of Hit & Run and am surprisingly interested in Paddington. I vaguely remember that cartoon as a kid, and am curious to see how it would translate to the big screen.

• June 26, 2012 9:42 pm

You’re not joking. More than 1 good poster…that’s almost unheard of lately! haha.

I have to admit that Alex Cross does look great. Thanks for checking out the posters and commenting today!

2. June 26, 2012 9:04 pm

I like the poster for 360 and Spiderman…in that order 🙂

On another note, I didn’t know that a sequel to Taken was coming out. I loved the first one and think it should stop there. A Part 2 for a movie like that just isn’t necessary. Also, would they stop it with the Step Up movies?!!! Enough already! Sheesh! For some reason, the style of the poster for Taken 2 has me thinking of Terminator & X-Men.

• June 26, 2012 9:33 pm

The 360 one is one of the better of the numerous ones they have released so far. You should check out the others at impawards if you wish to see.

Taken 2 is coming and still looks to be just a continuation of the first…which is okay to me instead of a sequel that tries to take a different direction. You can see the trailer on last week’s “Trailer Time Thursday!” if you wish.

Thanks for commenting on the posters today!

3. June 27, 2012 2:01 am

arghhhhhh Smurfs 2… shoot me now!

4. June 27, 2012 2:40 am

360 poster is quite cool. Looks like someone actually put some work into it.

Alex Cross is pretty good too. Love me some symmetry.

5. Sam Fragoso permalink
    June 27, 2012 4:30 am

They’re making a “Taken 2” … what?

6. June 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Alex Cross has a pretty good poster… I also really like the 360 one, even if I’m not too keen on the film itself. Paddington also has a very good design; just wish it were close enough to see how they’re doing Paddington himself.

7. June 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Why is her left leg so freakishly small in the Step Up poster?!

8. June 27, 2012 3:58 pm

A mix of cool posters and disappointing films! Another Step Up? Another Smurfs?

Spiderman poster is very cool and I absolutely love the simplicity of the Paddington poster. Very effective.