My visit to the Tumbler Tour and musings about The Dark Knight Rises

June 29, 2012

Are you ready for The Dark Knight Rises? Less than a month from now, we will get to see the epic conclusion to the amazing presentation of the Batman’s tale. Director Christopher Nolan has assembled a fantastic cast and crew to draw to a close the best continuing saga of the Dark Knight to date!

Starring Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Juno Temple, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and more, The Dark Knight Rises is one of my most anticipated films of this year!

Check out some of the great photos I got while visiting Batman’s rides (the Tumbler and the Bat-Pod…sorry, no Bat-Wing) today in El Paso, TX with some friends. You can click any picture to enlarge for a better view!)

Pretty sweet, huh?! I’m glad I got to check it out! Sorry there is no video, they started up the Batmobile and I thought I pressed “record”, only to find afterwards that I hadn’t. Epic fail.

Be sure to check and see if it is coming anywhere near you while it continues its tour on the way to California and the San Diego Comic Con! Visit HERE for details.

Some things I wonder about The Dark Knight Rises

1. Does Nolan really have Joseph Gordon-Levitt as just a police officer on a task force to apprehend the vigilante known as Batman, or will he be using him to do more? Speculation: Azrael -who, in the Knightfall storyline (which Nolan has used as a strong reference for The Dark Knight Rises), took up the fight against Bane and defeated him, whilst Batman was paralyzed after the famous battle with Bane). Read more about this thought HERE.
  2. Will Catwoman’s involvement in the movie have her on both sides of the law? And if so, which side will she end on?
  3. Remember that Marion Cotillard is in this movie? Cast as Miranda Tate, is that truly an alias for the daughter of Ra’s Al Ghul, Talia?
  4. Will Cillian Murphy be the only villain to make an appearance in all 3 Nolan Batman movies as the Scarecrow? Oh, I hope so! I remember hearing scattered reports of people spotting him on set.
  5. Liam Neeson is credited as Ra’s Al Ghul in this film. Did he really die in Batman Begins and he is in the movie as a flashback or voiceover? Or, will we actually see him again?
  6. Will Batman simply be imprisoned by Bane…or will he have his back broken (which Bane is famously known for doing)…or even die? I don’t think he will die, the title is The Dark Knight RISES…but, who knows? Should he die, though, no one would ever be tempted to try to create an ill-fated sequel to Nolan’s legacy.
  7. Even though Nolan said there would be NO Robin in the film. Will there be a tease of Robin, possibly even a poster for a circus highlighting the Flying Graysons? That’d be cool.
  8. Will Bane die? or just disappear?
  9. Will we get to see any “new” flashback footage of Heath Ledger’s Joker or Aaron Eckhart’s Two Face?
  10. What’s up with the camo tumblers being used?

Well, those are just a few of my questions and thoughts about the film. Though I am sure that all questions will be answered come July 20th!Β Share some of your thoughts and expectations in the comment section.

In Nolan We Trust

Tickets have already begun to be available for purchase at select theaters! Get yours now. Don’t miss The Dark Knight Rises.

1. June 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing T. I love that picture of you with your great smile πŸ™‚ I LOOOOOOVE Tumbler, I had been hoping it’d make it here to MN. They actually started up the Batmobile? Oh wow, that would’ve been so very cool to see!

• July 4, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks, Ruth! Such kind compliment. We had a good time. Glad I could share!

It was super sweet seeing the guy open up the tumbler, get in, start it up, and then get out. Oh man. geekgasm for sure!

2. todayiwatchedamovie permalink
    June 29, 2012 3:54 pm

I think I saw a leaked picture of some TDKR action figures that had Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a batsuit.

• July 4, 2012 9:55 pm

I saw that same picture, but it was just a batsuit, can’t see the face of the person. only the caption on the picture referred to JGL so I wouldn’t take that at face value. But, who knows? We will. On July 20

3. June 30, 2012 3:02 am

Sweet man that must have been awesome, shame about missing the video! I’m probably the only person who hopes Batman dies. THAT would be epic!

• July 4, 2012 9:54 pm

yeah, I was so disappointed when I realized I hadn’t pressed the button. I might as well have been shooting with the lens cover on. Boo to that. Oh well.

The Death of Batman, huh? well, we’ll see! Thanks for commenting and enjoying the pictures!

4. June 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

It looks like you had a fun and prosperous day!

Always liked the Tumbler. Even in Urban Warfare Camouflage. The Bat~Pod, not so much.

I’m leaning more towards Gordon~Levitt becoming Nightwing than Azrael. Thus skipping the Dick Grayson/Robin back story. Besides, Christian Bale doesn’t strike me as the kind to need a young ward or sidekick.

I still don’t get all the hoopla attached to Marion Cottilard. Though I wouldn’t cash in the chips on Ras just yet. He is a super villain. And they never die!

My guess is that Bane will disappear for a while. If he’s locked up. He can easily break out.
    Arkham is noted for that.

• July 4, 2012 9:52 pm

It was a great day seeing all of the Batman stuff. I was able to buy the last Tumbler Tour t-shirt in my size! very prosperous indeed.

It will def be interesting to see what Nolan does with all of these characters. I am a fan of Cotillard and look forward to her role…whatever it is.

HAHA, yes, good ol’ Arkham and it’s well-known revolving doors.

5. July 2, 2012 2:32 am

You look like the cat that got the cream matey!!

I am hoping that Nolan wraps up the trilogy quite nicely and tidily. The back breaking would be good, even a death… just something to end the series so it would have to be rebooted…if it was to come again in years to come.

Oh I am depressing

• July 4, 2012 9:50 pm

It was so great to see the rides, man!

I hope too that Nolan wraps it up well. I think he will. LOL. you are a bit morbid, yeah? πŸ˜€

6. July 2, 2012 9:46 am

I can’t wait. I don’t think JGL is just an average police officer in the film. They’ll be more to it than that. As each new trailer has been released, we’ve seen more and more of his role. Which makes me insanely happy.

Love all your questions. I’m just itching to find out. Hoping there are previews on 19th, which means i’ll almost definitely be seeing it again on the 20th πŸ˜‰

• July 4, 2012 9:49 pm

Man…the wait is still too long. Trying to avoid all the tv spots now and just stay ready for July 20. aaaaaghhh

7. July 2, 2012 4:01 pm

I think that Bane “breaks” Batman but doesn’t go as far as breaking his back. I really hope JGL isn’t Azrael or even Nightwing, because then I think it starts to get “silly.” I really hope Scarecrow is in it too, as well as a reappearance by Ra’s Al Ghul. I’m with you in thnking that Talia is in the film as well. So many things I want this film to include but like Dark Knight, I’m sure I’ll be wrong about almost all of them but at the same time, really pleased with what the film does deliver.

• July 4, 2012 9:40 pm

Interesting thoughts about Bane and breaking Batman. That may be the case, but I am hoping for a little more than just a “breakdown of the Bat.” But, I am super curious about JGL’s role.

Glad we think alike in Scarecrow and Talia. You are right, I know I will be pleased with whatever happens.

8. July 5, 2012 7:45 am

Got my tickets, hope it’s great. super jealous of you seeing the tumbler though πŸ˜€

• July 6, 2012 1:25 pm

I will be getting my tickets this week.

• July 6, 2012 1:50 pm

This late, not the premiere day then πŸ˜€

• July 9, 2012 8:23 pm

day of still. I got it! πŸ™‚

9. Kal-El permalink
    July 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Cool POST! I say no and not Azreal; yes, her side; double yes; yes; both and technically; yes but without the word simply… yes… no, Superman knows; yes I definately need to look for a poster or something for them; don’t know to either; no; good stuff though and bad stuff.

• July 21, 2012 9:46 am

Thank you.

fun seeing the actuality of what took place now after seeing the movie.

1. Review: The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILER-FREE) « The Focused Filmographer