“Trailer Time Thursday!” 7.5.12

July 5, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Got a pretty good group of interesting/exciting trailers for you today. ENJOY!!! :)

Silver Linings Playbook. Directed by David O. Russell (The Fighter), this film stars Bradley Cooper as a recovering mental institution patient who moves back home and attempts to reintegrate himself into society, which also includes attempting to reconcile with his ex-wife. Co-starring Robert DeNiro, Julia Stiles, Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Tucker, and more, this one is set to hit theaters on November 21, 2012.

Fun Size. Nickelodeon films presents this Halloween adventure featuring highschoolers trying to make it to “THE” party, yet stuck with the dreaded task of babysitting. Things turn out to be a wild adventure when the little brother ends up missing amid trick-or-treating and the two events (Party and Babysitting) end up combining. Co-starring Johnny Knoxville among several other actors, this fun size adventures hits theaters on October 26, 2012.

The Sessions. Starring John Hawkes, Helen Hunt, and William Macy, tells the tale of a man in an iron lung who seeks to lose his virginity via the help of a professional sex surrogate, his therapist, and his priest. Inspired by a true story, this film is set to release in October 2012.

Compliance. Another film inspired by true events, this one chills as it shows the danger of compliance. A young woman, employed at a fast food restaurant, is accused of stealing from a customer and endures humiliation and improper treatment as the employers follow orders from a prank caller, assumed as a police officer, who has called in the accusation and the orders. Releasing this August.

Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise stars as the no-nonsense investigator who will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of a case involving a sniper in a city who has taken out random targets. Based on the crime series books, Jack Reacher also stars Robert Duvall, Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo and more in this 12.21.12 release.

Why Stop Now?. Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Melissa Leo (The Fighter), Tracy Morgan (30 Rock), all star in this movie about a young child pianist (a prodigy), who is sidetracked from his dreams and goals when he must check his mother into drug rehab. Only, upon doing so, he is taken circumstantially hostage by his mother and her drug dealer, and the adventure only gets crazier from there.

This Week’s “Special Trailer Spotlight”:

Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D

This beautiful trailer is nothing short of spectacular, and all I would expect from a film that contains the name of one of the greatest shows on earth: Cirque Du Soleil. Producer James Cameron presents a movie about a show that has a great looking storyline as well. I am intrigued by this interpretative film. Writer/director Andrew Adamson (Shrek) partners with Cameron to present this wonderfully enchanting film. Check it out.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D, Silver Linings Playbook, and something about Fun Size just made me laugh . Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, July 6, 2012:

• Wide Release: Savages and Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D
  • Limited Release: Collaborator, The Magic of Belle Isle, Crazy Eyes, The Pact, and more.
  • The Amazing Spider-Man released in theaters this past Tuesday, July 3. Don’t miss it!!

1. July 5, 2012 9:41 am

Compliance takes my vote this week. Looks sinister. Thanks for sharing!

• July 6, 2012 1:25 pm

Sinister is a good word to describe it.

2. Ted S. permalink
    July 5, 2012 10:42 am

Compliance looks very interesting because it’s based on a real event and shows how stupid people can be. I mean someone called and say he’s a police officer and you take orders from him without verifying if he’s legit or not? Got that pissed me off and what’s so sad is that people like that do exists in our society.

• July 6, 2012 1:25 pm

Compliance makes me sad/uncomfortable, but I think that is the intent too.

3. July 5, 2012 10:43 am

‘Jack Reacher’ offers one of the greatest miscasting decisions, like ever. As someone who has read a good number of the titles in Lee Child’s book series (where the character is a 6′ 5″ 225 lb. former United States Army Military Police Major), Tom is starting to stretch things. He’s fine as Ethan Hawk, but this? This film should have the adjective from Spider-Man, ‘The Amazing Jack Reacher’ ;-).

• July 5, 2012 11:07 am

Ahah, I mentioned the exact same thing in my Five for the Fifth post about Reacher. Tom Cruise playing a 6’5″ guy? Now THAT’s Hollywood fantasy!

Btw, I’ve never even heard of Silver Linings Playbook, nice cast!

• July 6, 2012 1:14 pm

I always look forward to Five for the Fifth and will be over there shortly!

Yeah, I don’t know what to think about Reacher yet myself.

• July 6, 2012 1:24 pm

I am not too thrilled about Cruise as Jack right now myself, but I suppose I can wait and see more from trailers still to come. But I agree with you in that he is stretching things! ha

4. Sherry permalink
    July 5, 2012 10:55 am

I can tell in Oct and November I will be going to the movies. I think the Cirque de movie looks like it will be a visual masterpiece and The Sessions looks fun. I am glad Helen Hunt is working again. I miss seeing her in movies. She is a wonder!

• July 6, 2012 1:21 pm

I really am interested in seeing that Cirque movie myself!

5. Sherry permalink
    July 5, 2012 10:56 am

Tom Cruise is the new Charles Bronson.

• July 6, 2012 1:21 pm

haha. yeah, he’s doing a lot like that lately!

6. July 5, 2012 2:12 pm

Rarely have I been told that I’m not picky enough but these all look pretty interesting, Silver Linings Playbook & Why Stop Now are the standouts to me. And who would have thought William H. Macy as a priest.

Tom Cruise is really, um, reaching in that role.

re: Compliance… it seems pretty depressing. I like to think I wouldn’t strip-search somebody just because someone on the phone tells me to, but the lady obviously felt she had to to keep her job.

• July 6, 2012 1:13 pm

I really like the idea of Silver Linings Playbook.

Having watched Showtime’s Shameless, it’s really funny to see Macy as a priest!

7. jackdeth72 permalink
    July 6, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

I’d mentioned to Ruth that Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is more suited towards ‘The Second Best Secret Agent in the Whole Wide World’. After seeing this trailer, I’m more reminded of ‘Inch High Private Eye’.

• July 9, 2012 8:32 pm

Still not sure what to think about Reacher myself. eh…we’ll see.