New Posters of the Week (7/7)

July 7, 2012

Today, we once again get to take a look at all of the…

I LOVE movie posters! Do you? I SOOO wish I was in a town with an IMAX theater to have been able to score one of those amazing IMAX posters for The Amazing Spider-Man! Wow! (See it HERE)

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Posters lately have been pretty lackluster, but this week we do have a new poster for The Hobbit, a new IMAX one for The Dark Knight Rises, along with 2 new ones for The Impossible.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like The Dark Knight Rises (IMAX), Pacific Rim, and The Hobbit.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

1. July 7, 2012 7:43 pm

A nice mix this week, love the beautiful simplicity of the Hobbit, love the scale of Pacific Rim, and the Secret is a nice little horror poster. Kind of disappointed by the two Batman posters, and Why Stop Now seems like it could easily be a quote about studios who make bad movies.

• July 9, 2012 8:35 pm

hahaha. Great sentiment on the “Why Stop Now” poster!

Both you and Jaina agree on the blandness of the Dark Knight Rises posters. ha.

But I DO love the Pacific Rim one.

2. July 8, 2012 1:32 am

Love that TDKR Bane one. The Hobbit one is beautiful but not overly exciting and the Naomi Watts Lo Imposible one is bound to upset people. Looks pretty terrifying from the poster.

• July 9, 2012 8:43 pm

Bane is getting mixed reviews it seems.

I don’t know of any controversy around Lo Imposible poster yet. but you’re right, it does look terrifying. Have you seen the trailer?

3. July 8, 2012 1:21 pm

Pacific Rim is looking rather…large muahahaha 😀

• July 9, 2012 8:44 pm

Large is one word for it. I like it LOL

4. July 8, 2012 6:53 pm

Ahah, I had to laugh at that Anna Karenina poster. Knowing what happens to her, it’s kinda spoiler-ish IMO, not sure if it was intentional. That Hobbit one makes me want to leave everything and join Gandalf!!

• July 9, 2012 8:45 pm

How awesome would it be to join up with Gandalf? huh? 🙂

can’t wait for the HObbit.

5. July 9, 2012 4:49 am

Really like The Hobbit poster. Feels so familiar, but in a good way.

The Bane poster looks good. Much better than the oh so generic other Dark Knight poster. But in all honesty, haven’t been impressed with most of their posters!

• July 9, 2012 8:47 pm

loving the familiarity of The Hobbit myself.

Whaaa?? Not a fan of the Dark Knight Rises posters? I gotta say, I did like the fan made ones quite a bit more I suppose.

6. July 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Lots of decent posters this week. Pacific Rim looks very cool as a teaser poster for a film I know nothing about. The Hobbit is a great poster but very familiar to what we’ve seen before and Anna Kerenina has a great epic feel to it. Still too excited for Dark Knight Rises though, I’m beginning to feel the same way I did for Prometheus, stop promoting it and just let me watch it!

• July 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I do like that Pacific Rim poster, myself.

I feel the same way as you do when it comes to TDKR! Just want to see it already. No doubt