It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 107

July 10, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Cruise Control has now closed with 47 votes. The results are in and the #1 Tom Cruise movie role has been chosen with Top Gun‘s Maverick baaarrreeelllyyy flying away with the win! But Maverick aced it. He rode the Highway to the Dangerzone and took out all the other wingmen! Check out the post to see how many votes your choice received. It was VERY close.

The chicks dig Maverick!

Check out last week’s poll’s results HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and made it fun with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Directing Questions to the Director”, we take a moment to consider some questions we’d like to ask a director or two…or three!

Let’s say that you are the host of an entertainment and movie television show. Your producer tells you that you get the opportunity to interview 3 big time directors of your choice and ask each of them just ONE question. Only…which director do you pick, and what question do you ask?

Do you ask Tim Burton about his seemingly big “man-crush” on Johnny Depp? Do you threaten ask George Lucas to stop messing with Star Wars? Perhaps you ask Brad Bird about The Incredibles 2? What about asking Jon Favreau what in the world happened with Cowboys & Aliens?

For today’s poll, I came up with a few questions for some directors that I’d like to ask about. Believe it or not, I narrowed it down a LOT from my original list. I’d like to know today which of the following director/question combos you would choose. Place the director in the hot seat! Ask them the question you’ve been wanting to know!

Today I ask you:

Want to ask a different director something? Leave a comment with your question!

Do you think Christopher Nolan really has a totem?? That’d be pretty cool!

Once all the results are in, I will sit down with the 3 winning directors and ask them the question of your choice! 🙂

The poll closes on 7-17-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

1. Trevor permalink
    July 10, 2012 8:49 am

The sad thing is I already know why we won’t ever get a new Serenity/Firefly movie or tv series.

There just wasn’t enough money made. The fans alone were the reason Serenity was made in the first place but it still wasn’t enough for the big movie execs.

I personally, would love to see our Big Damn Heroes tear it up some more.

• July 12, 2012 7:42 pm

It was sad though to see Firefly ended so quickly. Really enjoyed the series and the movie.

2. July 10, 2012 8:50 am

I’d like to ask Fincher why he wasted valuable time on a remake of a perfectly decent film?

• July 12, 2012 7:43 pm

ha. not a fan of TGWTDT? or did you like it, just not a fan that he remade it?

3. July 10, 2012 8:51 am

Fun one this week.

I predict Lucas in a landslide… 😀

• July 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks Fogs’ for voting. You may be surprised to see Lucas lose!

4. July 10, 2012 11:04 am

I want to ask them all 😀

• July 12, 2012 7:43 pm

haha. you and me both! Which ones did you settle on?

• July 13, 2012 3:11 am

Joss weadon, Christopher Nolan and M. Night Shyamalan

• July 16, 2012 11:51 am

Yes! Glad to see a vote here for Nolan. Wouldn’t it be neat if he kept a totem, just for nostalgic sake?

• July 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Little worried that he was super paranoid haha 😀

• July 16, 2012 12:49 pm

LOL! hahahah too funny!

5. July 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Hah, fun poll, T. I voted for the Cameron/Spielberg questions. Good ones!

• July 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks Eric. Appreciate you stopping in and voting. I really don’t want to see more Avatar films. I remain not the biggest fan of the first one.

6. July 10, 2012 2:14 pm

I voted for Whedon/Nolan/Jackson. I believe the answer to the Ridley Scott question is “no.”

• July 12, 2012 7:45 pm

I think you’re right on Scott’s question. But still, one can hope! ha.

7. jackdeth72 permalink
    July 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

I would ask the Wachowskis why there is no spoon?

I would ask Joss Whedon why he killed off Shepherd Book and Wash?

I would ask George Lucas why he cannot leave well enough alone?!!!

I would ask M. Night Shyamalan why he is still making crappy films?

I would ask Michael Bay if he could ever make a film a plot, but without explosions?

• July 12, 2012 7:47 pm

LOL. Some fun questions here. What welcome additions!

the spoon?!! ha.

I was surprised with Wash being taken out like that.

hahaha, and I love the Michael Bay question…although we all know the answer.

8. July 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I would ask if Nolan if down the line he might make a movie with a female lead

• July 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Ooh. a good question. I imagine that he would, once he finds a female actress he loves to work with and entrusts to do so.

maybe a Wonder Woman film? too much to ask?

• July 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Right now COtilard seems like she would stand the greatest chance of getting a lead role from Nolan.

And him doing a Wonder WOman film would be awesome, although part of me would like to see that go to a female director

• July 16, 2012 11:51 am

Marion is such a classic beauty. She would be great for Nolan to continue to use. Right now I am super curious what lays in the horizon for him to direct.

9. July 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Awesome poll, T! Really dig this one, you’ve really outdone yourself as all your polls are great. I voted for the questions for Nolan, Scott and PJ… but what I REALLY want to ask Peter Jackson is ‘would you pleeeeeeeeeaseeee hire me to be your water girl for a week on the set of The Hobbit?? I’ll do it for free!!’ 😀

• July 12, 2012 7:49 pm

haha. I LOVED your question for Jackson. I’d ask him to work for free for him too. NO DOUBT!

Thanks for voting and for your kind comments.

10. Ted S. permalink
    July 11, 2012 9:57 pm

I voted for M. Night but if I ever see him in person, I’ll ask him to give my money back for wasting my time on Lady in the Water and The Village. Then if he won’t give me my money back, I’ll smack him silly. Sorry didn’t mean to get violent but he really pissed me off with those two crappy films.

Also, if I ever get to interview Tim Burton, I’d ask him how his version of Superman would’ve been like. We all read the behind stories of what happened but I really want to hear from him why he chose Nick Cage to play Superman/Clark Kent and did he really intend to not have Superman wear a cape?

• July 12, 2012 7:51 pm

hahahaha. Now, I will say (don’t hate me), that I didn’t mind The Village…although it could’ve been a lot better and I guessed the twist from almost the very beginning. And I DO enjoy Lady in the Water. but Shyamalan really should have strengthened those movies.

Ah, and good call on the Tim Burton/Superman question! Thanks for voting.

11. July 12, 2012 8:01 am

I give my question to speilberg and jackson 😉

• July 12, 2012 7:51 pm

ha. and who would YOU choose to be from The Lord of the Rings?

12. July 12, 2012 8:19 am

Night, Nolan and Jackson get questions from me.

TBH, I am SICK of the whole “Will we get another Serenity” question. I used to be part of the “browncoats”. But the whole Firefly/Serenity fandom just killed some of my passion. Anyone who’s still asking that question really need to check themselves.

I figure Peter Jackson would play Frodo. He has such an affinity for the character when he talks about him.

• July 12, 2012 7:52 pm

haha. no holding back today! Love it Jaina!

Watch Jackson surprise you with his answer when he tells you he would prefer to play Samwise Gamgee! 🙂

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 108 « The Focused Filmographer