New Posters of the Week (7/13)

July 13, 2012

Here they come! Check out all of the…

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

This week we have a few from Comic-Con (including Bourne Legacy), a Bane-centered one for The Dark Knight Rises, and an 80’s-looking one for The Expendables 2.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Of Men and Mavericks, ParaNorman, and Resident Evil: Retribution.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

1. July 13, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah, that Bane graphic is foreboding. I also appreciate the clean graphic of ‘The Bourne Legacy’ (a film I’m curious about, but wonder if it’ll be worth it). Thanks, T.

• July 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks for checking out the posters, Michael! How was your weekend?

the Bane one is pretty dark and freaky…I like it! and kudos to The Bourne Legacy, you’re right, a very clean looking graphic. It reminds me of a book cover.

2. July 13, 2012 11:25 am

I enjoyed a few of these. It’s amazing to see the kind of thought and artistic care that goes into some of the film posters, as they always have.
    The simple concept for “The Bourne Legacy” was appreciated, as well as the ominous quality of the image of Bane and the surprising poster for Of Men and Mavericks. It could have so easily been corny and it definitely isn’t.

• July 16, 2012 12:37 pm

I agree. I love posters partly because of the “thought and artistic care”

You picked up on 3 of my faves from this week. Thanks for checking them out.

3. July 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Expendables 2 poster sort of reminds me of THE DIRTY DOZEN and other action movie posters like that from the ’60s to the ’80s. Men and Mavericks is the most beautiful. Props to The Bourne Legacy for reminding me of Dr. Strangelove!

• July 13, 2012 2:17 pm

I’m with Paula, the Men and Mavericks is certainly the most beautiful!! Especially seeing my man’s name up there too w/ the director of L.A. Confidential, woo hoo!!

• July 16, 2012 12:39 pm

I KNEW you would love the Men and Mavericks one. I immediately thought of you when I saw it released. Hope this to be a hit for GB!

• July 16, 2012 12:57 pm

I’ve added that poster to my GB post, thanks to you! 😀 Yes I hope so too, and Curtis Hanson sure knows how to craft a dramatic film, so that combo alone is a major draw for me.

• July 19, 2012 8:29 am

🙂 hooray. It is a great poster, glad that you got to use it.

• July 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Greetings Paula!

Expendables 2 is a pretty sweet one. Oh, great call on the Dirty Dozen reference. It just screams ’60s-’80s, doesn’t it?

• July 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes! I never thought I’d say this about Expendables, but i might see it in the theater…it just looks like a good time

• July 19, 2012 8:29 am

woohoo! go ‘head paula! Check you out! 😀

4. July 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Well, I liked minimalist posters, so my favourite of the bunch is the Bourne Legacy.

• July 16, 2012 12:39 pm

I didn’t know you had an appreciation for Minimalist posters. Sweet. Thanks for checking out the assortment. are you interested in the film?

5. Victor De Leon permalink
    July 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for posting those! They all rock. Good job.

• July 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Victor. Welcome! and thank you for taking the time to visit and comment.

I love posters and love sharing them. Appreciate you stopping by. Please visit again.

• Victor De Leon permalink
        July 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I shall. Keep up the great work.

-Vic

• July 19, 2012 8:27 am

Thank you much.

6. July 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Some pretty nice hits and a few misses this week. Really liked the Bourne Legacy, Bane, the retro Frankenweenie, and Paranorman. The Possession reminds me of another very similar poster, Haunting in Connecticut maybe? Not a fan of Total Recall either, the composition just doesn’t look right. The rest don’t really strike me either way. You can probably tell by how often I comment, but I really enjoy this feature much more than, say, a listing of trailers.

• July 16, 2012 12:44 pm

I always welcome comments, and am very glad to see others appreciate the poster collections. Sometimes I question putting up so many posts featuring just posters…but then I read comments like this that make me glad I put them up. Thank you.

I also thought about the disappointing “Haunting in Connecticut” when I saw the Possession poster. and the Total Recall one looks odd, but, then again, I’m not enthused about the film itself either.

Thank you for the comment!

• July 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I could see not featuring quite as many, just so long as you feature the good ones. There’s so many movie blogs, and this is one of the few that actually feature the movie posters. Some are just tossed together, but there’s quite a few that are advertising works of art.

• July 19, 2012 8:27 am

Great feedback. Thank you.

7. July 21, 2012 9:09 am

Some great posters here. The Dark Knight Rises one is fantastic and original. Paranorman is brilliant too. I love the simplicity of the Bourne poster, especially with all the generic action/spy posters we usually get. The Nitro Circus poster makes my stomach turn just looking at it!

• July 21, 2012 9:53 am

The simplicity of the Bourne poster is super impressive. It does look like a book cover as mentioned earlier.

LOL at the comment about The Nitro Circus. Thanks for stopping in Ben. Have a great weekend.