Take a Glance: Fan appreciation for The Dark Knight Rises

July 16, 2012

Batman week is HERE! The Dark Knight Rises rises into theaters in less than 4 days! The highly anticipated conclusion has kept eager fans super excited since the credits rolled at the end of 2008’s The Dark Knight. The question hitting the web lately is “Will it live up to the hype? or should we lower our expectations?” I think that most fans would chant the now-famous quote in reply to that question:

In Nolan We Trust!

In anticipation and appreciation for the film, fans highly talented in the skill of graphic design and video editing (much more talented than I) have created tons of fanmade posters and videos in tribute to Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy! This post is merely showcasing some of the fanmade materials that I enjoy and wanted to share with you! I own NONE of the posters/videos below, and claim no credit for any of the work done. The only thing I did was google “fanmade posters for The Dark Knight Rises” so that I could share them with you. If you wish to see who created what, may I suggest you do the same and investigate further! (The web is full of them.)

Here are 10 fanmade posters that I found to be pretty sweet! (Click one of the posters for a larger view, and use the arrow keys to scroll through them.)

Which one(s) do you like the most?

On top of that, check out these fanmade videos.

1. A new trailer with clips from the animated series. The Dark Knight Rises trailer #3.

2. Screenrant’s “Rachel vs. Rachel: A Bruce Wayne Love Story”

3. A new “Trilogy” trailer for The Dark Knight Rises that just hit YouTube!

WOW! Some pretty amazing fanmade devotion to Nolan’s great trilogy of the Caped Crusader! But what releases in theaters this upcoming Friday will be far greater! I cannot wait for The Dark Knight Rises! Can you? I’ve already got my tickets. “Tickets?” you say. That’s right. Yours truly will be in the theater watching Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises back to back…to back, at my local theater. Hope to see you there!

The Legend Ends on July 20, 2012 as Christopher Bale dons the Cape and Cowl for the final time. Get ready.

1. July 17, 2012 1:48 am

Did you see the new Olly Moss poster for this? I love his style!!

Only 24 hours now until I will be in an IMAX screening!! WOOHOO!!!!

• July 19, 2012 8:26 am

I saw that you reviewed it. I hope you liked the movie.

Thanks for telling me about the poster. I finally saw it. so amazing.

2. ilovethatfilm permalink
    July 17, 2012 3:54 am

Great stuff! Love thos posters! And that Rachel Vs Rachel video! Not long now!!!!

• July 19, 2012 8:25 am

Rachel vs Rachel is one of the best vids Screenrant ever put out. ha

3. July 17, 2012 5:02 am

Fan posters are the best. Here are some of my faves:

Can’t wait for Friday!

• July 17, 2012 9:35 am

Those are some great posters too! Thanks for sharing. The End is Near (haha, that’s never been so much funner to say than just now!)

• July 19, 2012 8:25 am

thank you, again, for sharing those. Some pretty sweet posters.

4. jackdeth72 permalink
    July 17, 2012 7:56 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

Great looking Batman: TAS trailer!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but did I see young Sherman from I’ve Got Batman in My Basement , Jack Palance looking Jazzman from Am the Night, the kids from The Underdwellers and R’as’ daughter, Talia sprinkled throughout?

• July 19, 2012 8:24 am

I think you spotted everything correctly. That trailer is super amazing IMO.

5. July 17, 2012 11:50 am

Don’t you just love fans? Those posters are good and I think they should have competitions for fans to make an official poster when something like this comes out 😀

• July 19, 2012 8:23 am

man, I don’t know why a contest like that isn’t done already. I agree. It should be in place. Why not?

• July 19, 2012 9:49 am

They like to pay $30,000 for that john carter poster instead, seriously!

Clearly they don’t like money to just be unspent.

6. July 22, 2012 11:00 am

Love the posters and the Animated series trailer. That TV Show was so good!

• July 22, 2012 9:13 pm

the animated series was my favorite for sure!