New Posters of the Week (7/21)

July 21, 2012

It’s that time again! Time to check out all of the…

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

This week we have a few from Comic-Con (including Man of Steel and Schwarzenegger’s Last Stand), a couple posters for Lawless (including a French one), and a rather cryptic and mysterious one for The Master.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Lawless, The Last Stand, and The Master just is so mysterious, so are the first couple of trailers for it. (see the new one HERE).

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

But WAIT! I need to mention: another edition of Trilogy Thursday launched this week at Impassioned Cinema, where Max and I go over the first of two trilogies centered around The Avengers Initiative! Looking for a quick break away from Batman news, check our thoughts on the first trilogy HERE.

Have a great day!

up next: Review for Ice Age: Continental Drift hopefully followed shortly thereafter by The Happy-Haps!

1. July 21, 2012 2:56 pm

I like the International poster of Lawless, but of course my fave is Henry, all dark and brooding as Man of Steel. I invite you to see the trailers, T. I’m so beside myself w/ excitement!! 😀

• July 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Thank you for posting the trailers Ruth. Was pretty neat to see them.

2. July 21, 2012 5:44 pm

The international Lawless poster looks decent… the poster for Man of Steel is well done, but it implies a darkness and moodiness to the picture that I don’t think fits Superman.

When I saw the poster for Bachelorette my immediate thought was “Oh, look, they’ve imitating Bridesmaids.”

Of course, my immediate thought Last Stand was “why is their poster artist lifting his designs from BraveStarr?”

• July 22, 2012 9:47 pm

I’m trying to be excited for Man of Steel, but, I’m not yet. Even the trailer has me saying “meh”

I looked up the poster for BraveStarr and laughed. You’re so right!

3. July 22, 2012 8:28 am

Heh, even with the Bravestarr connection which I didn’t catch until I was Morgan’s comment, I still like the Last Stand the best, I’m also very curious for the Master. And the Campaign posters are fun. Pretty decent batch this week.

• July 22, 2012 9:20 pm

haha. I had to look Bravestarr up, and then I laughed! cuz he’s right.

Glad you enjoyed the posters this week.

4. July 23, 2012 9:22 am

Pass on all of them. All of a sudden, I swear we’re seeing more of those “man within a man” posters.

• July 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Whaaa? not even a fan of good ol’ Ben Kingsley’s A Common Man? haha.

Did you at least like The Master’s intriguing poster. 😀 Thanks for checking them out here Jaina!

5. July 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Love The Last Stand poster. Its got a different style and definitely stands out. Also think the Superman poster is very cool but I’ve got a feeling we are going to see most of that film in marketing before its released and have five different posters for each individual character.

• July 23, 2012 8:26 pm

yeeahh. good call on the posters and material for Man of Steel. I fear you may be right on that. though, I hope so. Did you like the teaser trailers at all?

• July 24, 2012 5:48 am

I’ve only seen one so far and it screamed “This was made by Christopher Nolan” which is a good thing in many repects but what I don’t want is a “Dark Man of Steel Rises.” Superman should be the colourful, optimistic character that counters Batman’s dark, pessimistic tone.