It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 110

July 31, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Editing the Edits has now closed with 24 votes. The results are in and I thank you for voicing your opinions on the subject of reactionary edits in Hollywood. It would seem that most are in favor to not edit films as a result.  Be sure to check out the results from last week’s poll’s HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “The Best Cop BFFs”, takes a look at some of the best buddy cop duos throughout film history.

In light of the increased push for the FOURTH Rush Hour to start production, I thought I’d take a moment to consider some cop BFFs from the genre that doesn’t back down: buddy-cop movies.

We loved Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan in the first Rush Hour. Enjoyed watching Tango and Cash and Turner & Hooch sleuthing it out. Also laughed several times during Starsky & Hutch’s shenanigans. The good-cop/bad-cop comedy teams in films have been pretty fun to watch and continue to entertain.

While I am not all too excited to see Rush Hour 4 start production (the 3rd one really was stretching it), it will still be fun to see Tucker and Chan try to bring back some of the magic. (see the clips below, rated-R for language)

Perhaps you have a greater appreciation for another buddy cop duo. Make your choice known in the poll below.

Today I ask you:

The poll closes on 8-7-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

up next: Review for The Watch

1. July 31, 2012 10:16 am

I love buddy cop films 😀
    I voted for Rush Hour and Lethal Weapon

• July 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Yes! I do believe you were the first Rush Hour vote. Haha

• August 1, 2012 5:21 am

Really haha yay!

2. jackdeth72 permalink
    July 31, 2012 11:45 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I chose Angel & Butterman in ‘Hot Fuzz’. Just for their polar opposite~ness,

Also chose “Other”:

For Baltimore Homicide (AKA, ‘Murder Police’) Detectives Jimmy NcNulty (Domenic West) and ‘Bunk’ Moreland (Wendell Pierce) in HBO’s superb ‘The Wire’. Granted, ‘The Wire’ may not be an Honest to God, theater style movie. It is still movie quality and executed wondrously!

• July 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Haha great choices my friend. I thought you actually might have chosen 48hrs.

• jackdeth72 permalink
        July 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi, Terrence:

I’d thought of ’48 Hours’. Nolte and Murphy are good under Walter Hill’s learned touch. But Nolte’s been better in other films.

Stoically awaiting being flamed by others.

• August 3, 2012 3:46 am

haha. well, 48Hrs got a vote now. But, i do agree, Nolte has been better in other films. Warrior was one of those!

3. July 31, 2012 1:02 pm

I love buddy cop movies. I like all of the above except The Other Guys…that movie was awful. My voting choices were Lethal Weapon and Bad Boys. I loved every Lethal movie and can watch them over and over. Glover & Gibson made the best team. I chose Bad Boys because I love Will Smith, and Smith seems to make Martin better in these films. I enjoyed 1 & 2, and can’t wait til 3…If there is one…lol

• July 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Do you think they will ever do BadBoys3? I liked the first one more than the second.

4. July 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Gotta go with the classic Lethal Weapon duo here. Great chemistry between two great actors.

• July 31, 2012 9:31 pm

An excellent and highly popular choice my friend. Which Lethal Weapon film is your fave?

5. July 31, 2012 9:14 pm

I voted for Lethal Weapon and Hot Fuzz, one American, one Brit, fair right? 😉 I actually enjoyed The Other Guys a lot, who knew Wahlberg and Ferrell combo could be sooo funny! I don’t even mind watching that again one day. Fun poll, T!

• July 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Haha. “Aim for the bushes.” Thanks for voting today Ruth. Nice choices.

6. July 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Lethal Weapon and Stakeout (the first one, without Rosie O’Donnell lousing things up.)

• July 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey Morgan. Thanks for voting. It looks as if Lethal Weapon is running away with this one.

• July 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Not really surprising. 🙂

7. August 1, 2012 9:50 am

Angel and Butterman!!! there is no competition for them. Love the duo so much

• August 3, 2012 3:09 am

Hey Nov! Thanks for voting today. A fun choice you’ve made. 🙂

8. August 6, 2012 3:50 pm

Lethal Weapon is the epitomy (sp?) of buddy cop films but Bad Boys edges it for me. I love that film and I think its the only good thing Martin Lawrence has done!

• August 7, 2012 4:46 pm

ha. I agree on all points. I enjoy Bad boys quite a bit! Martin Lawrence has done a few other things that I personally enjoyed. (I love watching Blue Streak and Nothing to Lose)

• August 8, 2012 7:02 am

I watched Blue Streak and Nothing to Lose when I was a kid and have always put my enjoyment of both of those down to my age. Maybe I need to give them both another go, see if they still have the same appeal.

• August 8, 2012 1:28 pm

I can see that. But I’ll tell you what, I still end up cracking up with those two movies quite a bit. Some of my faves!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 111 « The Focused Filmographer