New Posters of the Week (8/1)

August 1, 2012

It’s that time again! Time to check out all of the…

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

This week we have a few new posters from films such as Life of Pi, Paranormal Activity 4, and more.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? I personally like Chasing Mavericks, Cloud Atlas, and Life of Pi.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

up next: Trailer Time Thursday!

1. August 1, 2012 2:58 pm

Chasing Mavericks has two great posters so far, too bad the trailer didn’t wow me, but hey the movie itself hopefully is still good! 🙂 That Deep South one is so mysterious, is that a horror movie?? Striking poster though.

• August 3, 2012 3:07 am

deep south is actually a documentary about HIV in the South and its affects in those communities http://deepsouthfilm.com/

2. August 1, 2012 6:28 pm

A lot more hits than misses this week, at least in my opinion. I really like the simplicity and curiosity of Cloud Atlas, Deep South, and Roller Town. It’s nice when you get to see really striking movie title logos. I also like the stylized posters for Machete, Chasing Mavericks, and Hit & Run, really covers a wide range of movie poster eras for inspiration.

Big Wedding and Little White Lies are both pretty cliched though.

• August 3, 2012 2:16 am

I am with you in your opinion this week. I liked all the ones you mentioned that you enjoyed as well. it’s funny, because looking at them all at once my eyes immediately notice all of them except for Big Wedding and Little White Lies. haha

3. August 2, 2012 12:38 pm

Love the poster for Chasing Mavericks. Great design and rally lovely feel to it.

• August 3, 2012 2:14 am

Hey Jaina. Yeah, I like it too. I like the color. Glad there was a poster in this week’s selection that you liked!

4. August 3, 2012 6:25 am

Every time I see that PA 4 poster I think that ghost is going to get some ass haha 😀 Just the way it’s looking at her ass xD

• August 7, 2012 4:13 pm

That’s funny Tim! haha. are you a fan of the series?

• August 8, 2012 7:20 am

I have seen the first and am going to watch the next two because i liked the first 😀

• August 8, 2012 1:27 pm

let me know what you think of the sequels after you see them. I will look for your reviews. I’ve seen none of them.

5. August 6, 2012 4:18 pm

More mediocre posters than great ones here. Love Life of Pi because I think it captures how simple the whole premise to that film is. Also love the Paranormal Activity series (I know, I know) so any new poster for that gets me excited.

Cloud Atlas has disappointed me though because it has a great lists of actors but ends with ” and Hugh Grant.” Compare that to Expendables 2 list of actors and who they choose as their “and.”

• August 7, 2012 4:47 pm

ha. I hadn’t noticed the “and Hugh Grant” before, and comparing it to Expendables 2, I truly hope that Grant won’t share the same fate.

You made me laugh about Paranormal.

1. Wednesday Links (8/01/12)