“Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.2.12

August 2, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Got a pretty good group of interesting/exciting trailers for you today. ENJOY!!! :)

Killing Them Softly. Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Ray Liotta, Sam Shepard (NOT Sam Rockwell as Rotten Tomatoes states), and more star in this film centered around a professional “enforcer” who is hired to “investigate” a heist that robbed a mob-protected high stakes poker game. Pitt looks good in his settled role as a bad boy. The body bags may start piling up on October 19, 2012.

Paranormal Activity 4. You all knew this was coming. It seems that October can’t come without another installment of Paranormal Activity releasing in theaters. Set to scare on October 19, 2012, this fourth installment brings another set of shock-and-scare moments to the big screen in this creepy continuation.

Skyfall. Did you catch 007’s entrance to the Olympics alongside The Queen? ha! Well, this is no Olympic entrance, but this new trailer for 007’s Skyfall looks amazing! Check out James Bond back in action in this November 9, 2012 release that is sure to make memories of Quantum of Solace disappear. Skyfall stars Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, and more!

The Paperboy. Look at this cast! Zac Efron, John Cusack, Nicole Kidman, Matthew McConaughey, David Oyelowo, and more! This film tells the tale of a reporter who heads back to his hometown in Florida to investigate a case about a death row inmate. Things get rather interesting as questions are raised, along with eyebrows…and skirt hemlines. The Paperboy is set to release for a limited release on October 5, but more than likely may not reach wide theaters until 2013.

For more thoughts on this intriguing trailer with an amazing cast, check out Julian’s thoughts over at DirtyWithClass HERE.

Chasing Mavericks. This film, starring Gerard Butler (300), Johnny Weston, and Elisabeth Shue, features the events of a true story about an unlikely duo of man and boy who go up against life’s challenges and waves together after fate brings them into one another’s lives. They transform each others lives as they surf together and search for the acclaimed biggest wave on Earth: the mythic Mavericks. Look for this inspiration/true story of surfing phenom Jay Moriarty to hit theaters on October 26, 2012.

Taken 2. It’s not a good thing to be related to Liam Neeson in a lot of his movies. haha! Round two for father/skilled retired-CIA agent Bryan Mills as the father of the kidnappers he killed in Taken now swears revenge. See this action-packed second trailer for the sequel to one of 2008’s best movies. Taken 2 hits theaters on October 5, 2012.

Extra trailers of the week

So many trailers came out over the past 7 days (since last week’s “Triple-T”). The ones above are just a nice mix representing the whole. Below are the posters for a few additional ones you may want to check out. Click a poster = watch the trailer.

Trailer#2 -House At The End Of The Street (Jennifer Lawrence, Elisabeth Shue, Max Thieriot)

Trailer#1 -The Big Wedding (Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton, Katherine Heigl)

Trailer#2 -Samsara (Award-winning 70mm Documentary)

Trailer#1 -Silent Hill Revelation 3D (Adelaide Clemens, Sean Bean, Radha Mitchell)

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Taken 2, Skyfall, and Killing Them Softly. There’s a pattern there somewhere! 😀 Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, August 3, 2012:

• Wide Release: Total Recall and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
  • Limited Release: Celeste and Jesse Forever, 360, Craigslist Joe, The Babymakers, and more.

1. Trevor permalink
    August 2, 2012 8:38 am

I was hoping “The Paperboy” was a gritty re-imaging of the classic video game.

It wasn’t and I was disappointed.

• August 2, 2012 10:55 am

lol good call. Yes, there were no housewife’s chasing him with a rolling pin. And no random tornados that show up randomly.

• August 3, 2012 2:15 am

haha. i know what you mean, Trevor. Sorry, I shoulda put up a warning LOL.

2. August 2, 2012 10:54 am

Skyfall’s trailer has been getting a lot of buzz. It does look pretty good. Hopefully its more like Casino Royale and less like Quantum of Solace. Its hard to tell from the trailer which it will be.

• August 3, 2012 2:15 am

It will far surpass Quantum of Solace…of this I have no doubt.

3. August 2, 2012 3:01 pm

Man, Bryan Mills is even more bad ass than James Bond!! I wish I could say I love Chasing Mavericks but the trailer is just meh. Not interested in ‘Killing Them Softly’ at all but then you already knew that 🙂

• August 3, 2012 2:12 am

do you think that Mills could take out Bond? That’d be pretty fun fight to watch. ha.

• August 3, 2012 7:51 am

Well Mills is a former CIA operative right. I mean on size alone, Neeson could take out Craig easy, plus Mills doesn’t seem to need gadgets to get the job done, ahah.

• August 7, 2012 4:13 pm

Mills is a pretty solid choice. I think I know what my next TVT will be. 🙂

4. August 2, 2012 6:39 pm

The Skyfall trailer looks pretty good and is one I’ll be sure to see. I just hope it won’t be like the disappointing Quantum of Solace.

• August 3, 2012 2:11 am

I have a very strong feeling that it will not disappoint as much as Quantum did. Quantum was still being produced during the writer’s strike. at least Skyfall has that going for it.

5. August 2, 2012 8:05 pm

I absolutely love your site. It’s a part of my daily Internet diet 🙂 I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award; you can check more about it here:

• August 3, 2012 2:08 am

I thank you very much! very kind of you. Thanks for always stopping in. Glad to know that it is a fun stop for you, I trust it always will be. Appreciate your kind words and nomination.

6. Sam Fragoso permalink
    August 4, 2012 4:25 am

I can’t imagine there’s a need to make a Taken 2 — but alas, it will make good money.

Some interesting films here to anticipate.

• August 7, 2012 4:20 pm

Hey Sam, thanks for stoppin by and checking out the new trailers! While I remain a bit skeptical on the plot of Taken 2, I am very excited to be checking it out soon!

7. August 4, 2012 11:48 am

The one that has me most excited is Killing Them Softly. A lot more humorous than I anticipated! And Paperboy lol… Nicole Kidman peeing on Zac Effron’s face, I must see that AHAHAH

• August 7, 2012 4:20 pm

I don’t know exactly what to think about Paperboy, but the trailer is intriguing.

8. August 6, 2012 9:48 am

Wow…another Paranormal Activity….will they ever stop. I hope not as I love them.

Skyfall looks good. Haven’t liked any Bonds since GoldenEye so let us hope this one is better than the recent efforts.

I enjoyed Taken so a sequel sounds good to me. I’m glad they’ve gone old school with its title – simply Taken 2 (like the 1980s!)…not Taken: The Revenge or Re-Taken or any of that, just Taken 2! 😉

• August 7, 2012 4:28 pm

ha, Dan, I think you’re the only person I know that can claim that they love the PA series. 🙂

I am glad to hear someone else that loves Goldeneye. I really enjoyed that one myself.

Great point on the Taken 2 title. I agree with you now having “taken” the time to think about it. good call.

1. “Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.9.12 « The Focused Filmographer