It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 111

August 7, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, The Best Cop BFFs has now closed with 47 votes. The results are in. You have voted and the #1 best buddy cop duo has been crowned. Thanks to all for voting. Did the best buddy cops win? How many votes did your nominee receive? Be sure to check out the results from last week’s poll’s HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Timeless Trilogies”, takes a look at some of the widely regarded greatest/most popular movie trilogies of all time. There are two main reasons for this poll. #1- Anomalous Material asked the same question last week (see HERE), and the ones represented in the poll below are some of the choices mentioned often in the comments of the discussion. #2- This week’s poll is TVT#111 =a trilogy of 1’s…just kinda fitting. Don’t ya think? 😀

This is a classic debate that never seems to have a clear winner. I already have my assumptions of which trilogy will win, but I leave it completely up to you. (Sorry, there is no “OTHER” option in today’s poll as the most popular trilogies are the parameters of choice today.) Which trilogy reigns supreme?

Will Gandalf’s power defeat that of Darth Vadar’s?Will the T-Rex devour up Indiana Jones? Will Buzz beat Batman? You decide.

Today I ask you:

This will be fun to see which trilogy you choose as the greatest. I know there are some blatant omissions (The Godfather, Jaws, Beverly Hills Cop, Behind Enemy Lines [just kidding on that one], Bourne Identity, Ocean’s Eleven, etc…), that’s because, while great, the list above focuses on the more popular ones.

The poll closes on 8-14-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

up next: Review for Total Recall

1. August 7, 2012 9:45 am

Though I’m not a Star Wars fan, it’s no denying how popular that franchise is, it spans multiple generations! I voted for that and LOTR of course. I wish Indiana Jones just stopped at 3!

• August 7, 2012 9:46 am

I’m gonna be like Fogs here. FIRST!!! 😀

• August 7, 2012 5:00 pm

hahaha. 🙂 Awesome

• August 7, 2012 4:59 pm

LOTR and Star Wars I think will continue to duke it out in this edition of TVT.

when it comes to Indy, let’s at least be thankful that there most likely won’t be a five. (too bad Die Hard can’t say that.)

2. August 7, 2012 10:52 am

Out of them I cant think of anyone who hasn’t seen Star Wars or Indiana Jones 😀

• August 7, 2012 5:01 pm

Nice choices. and I like the reasons why you voted for them. I can’t think of anyone who hasn’t either. Thanks for voting Tim!

• August 8, 2012 7:20 am

You are most welcome good sir 😀

• August 8, 2012 3:03 pm

I would like to introduce myself as the first person who hasn’t seen either one…lol

• August 9, 2012 7:17 am

Noooo! really?!

• August 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Lol…Yep Really. Have absolutely Nooooooo interest. And anytime Im around someone watching the dvd, I fall asleep…lol

• August 13, 2012 5:20 am

That is first time I heard that from anyone, your unique I guess haha 😀

• August 9, 2012 9:18 am

Wow, I echo Tim. I didn’t know that. We all have tons of movies on our list of Haven’t seen/Must see.

3. August 7, 2012 11:00 am

Im sure this poll is going to be a toss up between Star Wars and LOTR, but I have never been interested in either franchise to watch any of the movies. My votes were for Toy Story & Dark Knight 🙂

• August 7, 2012 5:02 pm

hey! I’m glad you voted for Toy Story. I am actually wondering how many votes it will end with. Also curious if recent inductee into the trilogy family (The Dark Knight) will make a surge for the win by the end of the week.

4. impsndcnma permalink
    August 7, 2012 1:41 pm

I voted for Toy Story just to be different and the quality of the films is consistent. Lord of the Rings comes in second, with Star Wars coming in third.

• August 7, 2012 5:03 pm

Nice choices indeed. Toy Story going strong.

5. August 7, 2012 3:42 pm

Tough call, lots of great trilogies. I’m going to go with The Dark Knight, but Toy Story is a close second.

• August 7, 2012 5:04 pm

too many great ones indeed. Did you happen to see some of the ones mentioned at Anomalous Material? Thanks for voting. (you could’ve voted for two)

6. August 7, 2012 11:01 pm

LOTR is still the best in my eyes but overall, Chris Nolan almost pulled it off with his Batman trilogy. I think he falls a bit short with the last one.

• August 8, 2012 1:28 pm

Great choice, Castor. Thanks for voting today. I was very impressed with Nolan and his work.

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 112 « The Focused Filmographer