New Posters of the Week (8/8)

August 8, 2012

It’s that time again! Time to check out all of the…

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

This week we have a few new posters from films such as Zero Dark Thirty, Dredd 3D, and a few other lesser-known films.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this week’s spotlight? Not too many “great ones” this week to me, but I personally like Zero Dark Thirty, Looper, and The Master.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

up next: Trailer Time Thursday!

1. August 8, 2012 9:48 am

DREDD!!!!!!! JUST KILL EVERYONE! sorry got a little excited 😀

• August 8, 2012 1:27 pm

hahaha. It reminds me a little of the Conan poster. Remember? the one with Conan on top of all of the skulls!

2. August 8, 2012 11:08 am

This is great.

I try to do a Photos of the Week thing where I collect movie set still or other movie related pics. It is extremely time consuming to do that. I didn’t see the Thirty Dark Zero poster yet. I like it.

• August 8, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks for stopping in today. I always love posters and love to share them. I will be sure to stop by and check out your photos of the week. sounds like we have some passions in common!

3. August 8, 2012 12:11 pm

Zero Dark Thirty is an interesting poster, also like the Master and Looper. Many of the others feel extremely derivative of other similar posters. Especially Iceman and Liberal Arts. Unless I’ve just seen Iceman’s poster before.

• August 8, 2012 1:18 pm

I see we are in agreement on the posters this week! I really like the Looper one for some reason. I can’t explain it, but it’s cool.

4. August 8, 2012 1:12 pm

What? Michael Shannon in a villain role? This is interesting…:)

• August 8, 2012 1:17 pm

It looks good so far. there is a test clip for it available here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDPtT1NYWYM). Thanks for checking out the posters today!

5. August 9, 2012 7:49 am

I’m sure it feel like I’m piling on, my friend, but I’ve nominated you and your blogging for a Liebster Award. If you’re up for it, great! Otherwise, no worries. Thanks.

• August 9, 2012 9:17 am

thank you sir. I am working on a post right now and will answer your questions along with. Thank you much. Very kind.

• August 9, 2012 12:19 pm

And don’t forget the 7×7 Award from moi 😉

• August 9, 2012 11:02 pm

I surely won’t. 🙂

6. August 9, 2012 12:18 pm

The Zero Dark Thirty one is quite provocative! Definitely makes you curious. The Django Unchained one is pretty artistic too.

• August 9, 2012 11:02 pm

I agree. I like the Zero Dark Thirty quite a bit. though, I have a feeling I will end up liking the poster far more than the film after seeing the trailer. That’s just me.

7. August 10, 2012 7:44 am

The Zero Dark Thirty is awesome, The Master’s poster is quite bad though a step up from the first one.

• August 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks for checking out the posters. I agree that the first one for The Master was far better. Yes. But I still like this one. and the Zero Dark Thirty is pretty sweet. Do you like posters? Have any yourself?