“Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.9.12

August 9, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,”here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Up From Poppy Hill. From Studio Ghibli comes another animated feature film. Up From Poppy Hill promises the same style and look as previous offerings from the makers. This one deals with a group of teens who fight to save their clubhouse from demolition as construction crews make way for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.

Trouble With The Curve. Clint Eastwood stars with Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake, and John Goodman in this tale about a baseball scout down on his luck and his daughter who decides to work with/for him in order to keep him from losing his edge and his job. Other scouts are muscling their way in and both he and his daughter want to prove to themselves and to others that they have what it takes. Releasing September 21, 2012, get ahead of the curve and get in line to see this one.

Zero Dark Thirty. Academy Award winning director Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) presents this record of the decade-long hunt for Osama bin Laden. Focusing on the team of Navy SEALs and releasing on December 19, 2012, this semi-found footage film stars Jessica Chastain, Chris Pratt, Joel Edgerton, and more.

Nobody Walks. Things seem to unravel in the marriage of a couple when a young beautiful artist is invited to stay with them. Watch as John Krasinksi (Away We Go), Rosemarie DeWitt (The Cinderella Man), and Jane Levy star in this drama that releases before year’s end.

Playing for Keeps. Gerard Butler stars as yet another father in this upcoming film (We’ve already seen the trailer for Chasing Mavericks which has him as a “foster” father). This delightful looking trailer features Butler as a divorced father and former professional soccer player who is now down on his luck and losing in life. He begins to pick up the pieces when he starts coaching a local soccer team and fights to win back his family but is forced to decide between that and an unexpected opportunity. Watch Butler, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Dennis Quaid, and more in this film that releases on December 7, 2012.

Featurette for Premium Rush

Watch as the cast and crew take us through the busy streets of New York City! See what all it takes in this action-packed dangerous ride. This film looks more and more impressive to me. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, Jamie Chung, and more, look to rush into theaters to see this film on August 24th.

What do you think? Are you excited to see this?

Additional trailers of the week: (Click the posters to watch the trailers, don’t miss the newest one for the creepy thriller, Antiviral)

1. A Royal Affair 2. 3, 2, 1…Frankie Go Boom

3. Liberal Arts  4. Antiviral

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Playing for Keeps, Trouble with the Curve, and Nobody Walks. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, August 10, 2012:

• Wide Release: Hope Springs (released on Wednesday the 7th), The Bourne Legacy, and The Campaign
  • Limited Release: Red Hook Summer, 2 Days in New York, Nitro Circus, and more.

1. August 9, 2012 12:21 pm

One of your faves is Playing For Keeps? Wahoo!! I posted that a couple of days ago too.

Trouble with Curve and Zero Dark Thirty look pretty good as well, though I’m still not a big fan of Timberlake.

• August 9, 2012 11:03 pm

It really is one that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Still not liking Timberlake, huh? I haven’t really NOT liked him in his films. I really liked him in The Social Network and Friends with Benefits. Though I wasn’t a fan of Alpha Dog or Bad Teacher

2. August 10, 2012 12:53 am

Playing for Keeps looks pretty cute. Put off a little by Curve thanks to Timberlake.

Not sure about Zero Dark Thirty – wasn’t blown away by Hurt Locker so haven’t really got an urge to see it.

Great featurette for Premium Rush! I don’t think I can love JGL anymore, look at all that blood! Dude is hardcore!

• August 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi Jaina.

I was mentioning to Ruth and Lady Sati, that it is interesting to see the lack of love for Timberlake. What did he star in that makes him so unloved by you all? haha. I quite enjoy his performances in The Social Network and Friends with Benefits. He’s no Cary Grant or Denzel Washington, but he’s not horrible. 😀

I liked Zero Dark Thirty’s poster more than the trailer, but Premium Rush on the other hand…oh yeah!

3. August 10, 2012 7:42 am

Trouble with the Curve is definetly something I’ll see just for Amy Adams, though the presance of Timberlake will be as usual an issue for me. I really don’t know what he is worse at – singing or acting.

• August 11, 2012 9:43 pm

wow, def not a lot of love for Timberlake. Why don’t you like him? Ruth feels the same. haha. He’s not bad. I’m a little intrigued that Amy Adams is the only reason you will see TWTC as opposed to Clint Eastwood or even John Goodman. Didn’t realize you were a big fan!

• August 16, 2012 10:55 am

Yeah well after Eastwood’s recent movies he is not really a magnet for me anymore, not even as an actor and Goodman is great but not exactly a reason for me to watch a film. Timberlake…after seeing him in Bad Teacher, Friends with Kids and other of his recent films not only do I find him talentless but also insanely irritating. He doesn’t even work in dumb comedies and that’s saying much.

• August 21, 2012 9:24 am

i will agree with you, Lady Sati, in that Eastwood has been more of a miss than a hit lately, but I am interested in this one. And we def disagree on Timberlake. haha. While he’s not the best actor out there, I enjoy his performances. 😉

Thanks for chiming in.

4. August 12, 2012 9:03 am

Trouble with the curve looks really good (hey, Phillip Phillips is on the soundtrack), and I kinda like Playing for keeps, too. Thanks for the trailers!

• August 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for checking them out Diana! I’m glad to see that you like Trouble with Curve. It’s been getting some flack due to Timberlake lately.